Silentjoe's Incredibly slow showcase

Hello, I don’t really use forums. I’ve had this army for about 10 years now and have been painting them incredibly slowly, so thought i’d post up some pics and maybe i’ll get some motivation to paint some of the shame box.

28 Likes

Welcome aboard! :slight_smile:
Great looking army, especially that demon prince conversion looks really interesting. Do you have any more photos of it?

2 Likes

Wow, beautiful work. I echo Tjubs thoughts on the daemon prince, looks fantastic and would love a closer look.
Welcome to the forum Silentjoe, can’t wait to see more.

1 Like

Bullgroid Hatmaturge!

:hat2: .
:hatshut: .

4 Likes

Very nice colour scheme.

I look forward to seeing more of the old dwarfs. And since they are on round base, they will probably be used as well

1 Like

Slow or fast doesn’t matter @Silentjoe , as long as you’re happy with the result! It looks great!!

1 Like

Very nicely painted models, interesting rather unusual color scheme. I like! Gladly more painted models, let you calmly time, the main thing the plebs get to see something again! :wink:

Keep up the “slow” pace by all means, if the results continue to be this good! Looking forward to your next postings!

2 Likes

This is very nice. I really like the yellow. Also, we have the same keyboard.

2 Likes

Welcome! Great big hat army. I love the bases and the bullgroid fits in perfectly

1 Like

i just wanna say, you are the most welcome here, and the most understood by me.
slow painters unite
and nice bullgroid conversion! :lammasu2:

4 Likes

No need to rush if the results look this lovely! Welcome, these are really quirky and beautiful!

2 Likes

Wow, its been a while.

Thank you for the lovely responses. Got a few updates to the minis and had some major life updates, hence the break.

Started a new job driving trains (very Chaos Dwarfy) and bought a house last year! (Hobby room is currently the floor in the basement)

Anyway - a friend tempted me back to 8th edition and having really enjoyed the edition and also started falling out of love with AoS it seemed like rebasing the Chorfs was the perfect thing to do. So ive been reverting them all onto their original base sizes and ive had a few games with them now under 8th ed rules, which, ironically, was the reason i purchased them in the first place.

Been painting a unit of warriors this week on day shifts at work, currently 12 completed out of a unit of 25, so getting there.

14 Likes

Seems to be a preferred hobby desk by many!

3 Likes

These look great! Good to have you back. Congrats on the new house!

Posting is better than being silent, Joe.

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Oh shit, it’s the cannon of Khorne! Love it, and glad to have you back! I’ve always thought train conducting sounded like a lovely gig :smile:

3 Likes

Not only that, a swivel gun team on a Khorne cannon! Love it.

A tempting proposition eyh @Oxymandias ?

4 Likes

This thread is the genesis of my current cannon of khorne obsession

3 Likes

Ive just received another one for those double hellcannon memes :wink:

3 Likes

@Oxymandias we turn it over to you for rebuttal. I think you’ve got space for 3 khornecannons in your loft. The romans won’t mind.

2 Likes