The Purple Reign of Pain (Hashut's Hungry Mollusk)

It started with a purple test model and things kind of spiralled from there. Now I have bags of Prince symbols and an unpainted host of to-be-funky Chaos Dwarves.

Here’s the first batch, many more to come.

(The demon is a Blood Rage Fire Giant, whose colour scheme prompted the purple and started this whole charade. He’ll serve as a K’Dai I reckon)

Prince-themed puns welcome. So far I have:

Army: The Purple Reign of Pain
Hobgobs will wear Raspberry Berets
Chariot: Little Red Corvette
Infernal Guard: The Beautiful Ones

19 Likes

I think you need some naked she dwarfs as unit fillers. I saw a great one somewhere but no idea now sadly.

Looks great so far, keep it up!

1 Like

ac1b15359dfb09ccdd7153755808f27211a32341_2_500x500

Wow, these guys are amazing :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

Very cool and unique theme, wish I knew more about it to chime in but I know enough to enjoy this :cd1991gif:

6 Likes

Really cool concept, and sick painting

Which brand are the dorfs from?

1 Like

Thanks! These are Russian Alternative, and I’ve a handful of Scibor coming too. Next stop: a bear-riding Overlord :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Time travelling bear rider. For WHFB he’ll proxy as a Taur’ruk. For 40k… Hashut only knows. Looking forward to this one.

8 Likes

More troops for Prince’s Legion: 10 x infernal guard, a Castellan and a bear-riding, hammer-wielding, sword-swinging hero. Bear guy still needs weapon and base work, but nearly done.

13 Likes

• Bear Rider (sword and base finished)
  • Bull Centaur Renders
  • Some kind of daemonic cannon kitbash!
16 Likes

The army (so far!) on parade

11 Likes

Ooh! i love it! very cool army mate! I love how the cannon is pushed in the mount of dirt. Almost as if the recoil caused it to sink in.

2 Likes

Thanks very much! I hadn’t planned that but now you mention it :wink:

I thought maybe its ‘legs’ spin violently into the ground, drinking up daemon blood and nudging the machine across the battlefield. Like some perverse mechanical frog.

1 Like

Really like this army! Well done using alot of different manufacturers but still keeping it all tied together. :hatoff:

2 Likes

Lorax, the Dwarf Mage that knew too much, whose thirst for knowledge drove him to rock n’ roll…

13 Likes

And so, with the embargo lifted, may I introduce my angry, purple, Bull-Riding General: Azifwekaré. He’s from the Lost Kingdom Range, printed to 88% and still the biggest hunk of miniature I’ve ever painted.

Initial assembly. 2 Prince symbols to spot here. Didn’t want to overdo it.

Realised it needed more scenery so ripped the base off and added a head. Whether torn from a battlement or from the shoulders of Daemon, you decide.

*Below: the point where I began to question certain life choices. *

Starting to feel vindicated…

Took a leap of faith and tested some object source lighting.

Et voila! Azifwekaré, ready to knock miniatures off the board

22 Likes

Absolutely glorious! What a fantastic centrepiece model. That skin on the Taurus is superb.

2 Likes

Painting a non-red taurus. Takes balls, and you made a great job of it. Love it!

3 Likes

Exactly as @Jasko said, this is an incredible centrepiece and one of my fav entries as well :clap:t2:

4 Likes

Awesome model! Like the paint scheme a lot! :beer:

3 Likes

Just seeing your blog for the first time now. Love your model choices and paint scheme. Very well done on the Golden hat entry! The finished model is strking and the OSL came out well!

3 Likes

Such a striking colour on the bull. Fits well with the rest of the force. Great work

2 Likes