The Remarshalling of Uzkulak

Thanks guys; just been sorting them out:

Blair then out on bases for Saga; empty bases are because somewhere along the line I miscounted and either didn’t order enough or pointed up more than I ordered :sweat_smile:

Also did a quick test to see how many would fit on a base for BVF (rules say 4 infantry on a 40x40 but that’s too sparse imo); didn’t have a spare 40x40 to hand so scrounged up a leftover bit from one of the old GW build a movement tray packs:

Tjublings fit 9 to a base while tjubgobs are skinny enough to fit 16! I think the disparity works quite well as it allows for the slave rabble to to look like a big mass without needing to have more/larger units than their overlords (eg a unit of tjubgobs would look almost twice the size of a unit of Tjublings with the same number of bases). Not sure if I’d put the full 16 on a base though, might try dropping one or two so they look more disorganised. :wink:

5 Likes

Haha, they are packed for sure. Guess Id go with 8 troops on a 4x4 square, they’ll need some space to maneuver after all… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wow, the order arrived, and regimenting them is already under way. This will be a project to watch for sure, aside your 28mm army of course. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What a delicious army. Is this a relatively large force for SAGA?

Average I think; iirc its 8pts and the recommended size for a normal game of Saga Fantasy is 6-8pts. By dropping the mini size to 15mm it looks larger; each of those bases has 2-3 15mm minis on it and equates to a single 28mm one.

Good stuff. My recommendation is don’t overcrowd the bases (though contradicting myself, massed tjubgobs do look cool). I vote you leave a bit of room for basing and random misc ground clutter. Look forward to seeing the progression.

2 Likes

Oh wow! An army of them, amazing stuff, what colours you thinking for them? Classic red and black?

1 Like

As it’s and army from Uzkulak, I was thinking of gold and bone for the colour scheme.

Been putting them onto bases; next step magnets to put them on the multibases:

7 Likes

Looking great!

1 Like

Happy every time I see this blog! :smiley:

Have you put every inf on a magnet? Id fear they might pop of every now and then? Way back I “over magnetized” a few models way back, they used to fall apart when touched. :stuck_out_tongue: But it might work just fine.

Not yet, but I will be; I’ve stuck them to 1mm greyboard bases and will be drilling a hole through the base to embed the magnet in. The magnet is just going to be to make it easier to move the multi bases without the minis falling off all the time. :wink:

1 Like

Haven’t gotten all that much done on these recently. Started a little bit of sculpting on them.

I’m going to be giving all the Chaos Dwarves scale armour and gave the champion of one of the hobgoblin units a scale shawl. I’ve also cut down the hats on the Backstabbers to make them more like classic sneaky gits.

3 Likes

Oh, it will be fun to see your vision of these! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s looks like a lot of metal miniature madness tight there, can’t wait to see what you turn them into

1 Like

More WiPs:

4 Likes

Wow! So first of all the sculpted conversions are great but then the string to that bow… at that scale it’s crazy good :+1:t2:

What we thinking for colour scheme?

3 Likes

Gold armour on the dwarfs with gold and bone coloured hats. Undecided on the hobgoblins currently.

3 Likes

Oh, thats insanely cool! String on a 15mm bow, cudos to that!
I like you versions of scale mail on them as well, never went that route cause I didn’t think it would look good being cast at that scale, but your sculpting looks ace!

Thanks for sharing these, really gets me in the mood of making more. Lovely to see your ideas and takes!
With “one offs” and conversion you have alot more freedom that being restricted to what can be cast. Maybe should consider doing some more conversion-parts other than the hats, since you are not the only one doing this amazing stuff… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks; figured casting issues were why you didn’t give them armour. :slight_smile:

1 Like