With the new year approaching fast and the Shiney new BATG badges stirring interest I decided to start this BATG report overview.
If you partake, please feel free to drop a reply with the link to your batg report in a comment.
I will add them to this post for all to see! I’ll start…
What is BATG? It stands for Battle Against The Gray. It’s a way of trying to reduce your unpainted model backlog a bit each year regardless of how many models you acquired.
The rules are very simple!
- You keep count of all new models aquire
- You keep track of all models you paint.
- Keep your model count universal. For example a warmachine and crew count as 1 model of the new model count and for the painted model count OR it counts as machine and 3 crew for both counts.
- It’s meant to be good fun, if you cheat… you only cheat yourself.
EDIT: @BATG_Warriors i figured an extra rule/clarification would be in order concering giving away models. This one is all about intent.
- If you have models you intend to paint they are in the pile of gray.
- If you have models you dont intend to paint they are not in the pile of gray.
That means giving away models you never intended to paint does not count towards BATG. Giving away models you did intend to paint does count towards BATG.
Lord Astragoth has a large pile of gray models at the start of 2022. He wants to stop that pile from growing, so he enters the BATG project. At the start of 2022 he has 500 unpainted models. That’s not important. By August he has painted 50 models so he has a -50 batg score. In September he has a weak moment and buys a unit of 40 bull centaurs. His score is now -10. He feels so guilty he powers trough painting another 100 models by the end of the year. His score is now -110.
Lord Astragoth has painted 150 models in 2022, but the netto difference is only 110 because he also bought 40 models. He now has 390 grays for BATG 2023. This is good! Be like Lord Astragoth!