[WFB 6th & 8th] Path to Glory Chaos Dwarfs

Original post by @Admiral

Path to Glory was a package of Chaos Warband rules released in White Dwarf during 6th edition WHFB. I’ve never tested them out, but the sheer random tables, gifts and mutations made it appear great, as did the chance to bash it out in the Chaos wastelands of the north in a small game. Me and my brother have never forgotten it for those reasons, and we’d like to try them out soon in WHFB 8th edition.

Have anyone played Path to Glory? And what did you think about it? Are there some rules or tables that should be adjusted to suit the new rules?

Clearly, as Chaos Dwarfs, the Dawi Zharr can’t miss out on the action in a Chaos Warband campaign. That’s why I’ve tinkered away on this draft for Chaos Warbands rules. It’s written in Wordpad since my Word bugs out and hangs itself every time you save a document on it. As such, there’s no layout or separation of tables to single pages, since Wordpad don’t display pages as far as I am aware. The PDF conversion didn’t agree completely with the RTF format, but any aesthetic fixes can come with updates due to feedback.
What do you think of it? How would you do it?

I’ve always been, and will always be lousy with rules. Your feedback and ideas are as such extra valuable. I’m sure there are lots of things that need changes, so fire away, ladies and gentlemen, and be welcome to share your own rules! :slight_smile:

(Rules by @Admiral & @Lord_of_Uzkulak )

Google Drive PDF Download: Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules v.1 by @Admiral

Google Drive PDF Download: Path to Glory - Dînadan Version by @Lord_of_Uzkulak

3 Likes

Definitely something for me to take a look at when I have some proper time. The original Path to Glory was so beautifully put together and inspired so much fun. Run alongside Fat Bloke’s (what might as well have been called) A Tale of One Gamer was really where I was getting my excitement for Chaos from when I was starting out.

2 Likes

Updated with new and downloadable PDF links for both my own and @Lord_of_Uzkulak 's Path to Glory rules.

Thanks to @ATOM for cobbling together my salvaged pictures for Dînadan’s rules into a working PDF.

2 Likes