[WHFB] Deragorh’s Grand Army (>10k)

Bull Centaur Squadron 1

Painted by Biggy.

To get my Bull Centaurs onto the Legion of Azgorh base size I cannibalised a bunch of cavalry bases and made bases that they could slot into/out-of, depending on the edition/armybook being used. One job I may revisit is adding some detail to these bases.

Table of Contents

7 Likes

Bull Centaur Squadron 2

Majority painted by Biggy, including banner (which was cannibalised from the Earthshaker base).

Table of Contents

7 Likes

Earthshaker Cannon 1

Based and painted by Biggy.

Table of Contents

6 Likes

Earthshaker Cannon 2

Table of Contents

7 Likes

Dreadquake Mortar (otherwise known as the Dreadquake Rocket Artillery)

This model started life as an oversize Earthshaker Cannon conversion (with the Hellcannon body swapped out for a V2 rocket). With the release of the Dreadquake Mortar rules I saw an opportunity to repurpose the model, so added the Slave Ogre and the Russian Alternative Slavemaster (Dwarf of Fire Canyon 4). The other crew are the FW Gamesday Hellsmith, and the FW Deathshriker Rocket spotter.

Table of Contents

6 Likes

Hellcannon of Chaos

With some leftover Hellcannon parts (Cannon body, eight-pointed star wheel, and various other components) I decided to kit-bash myself a Hellcannon. The chassis of the Hellcannon is the same as that of the Magma Cannons (Techno-demonic cannon), the front plate is the deck of the Deathshrieker Rocket (and the back wheels came from this too), and other parts were scavenged from the bitz box to fill out the build.

Table of Contents

7 Likes

K’daai Destroyer (Balewind Balrog)

I originally had a standard GW LOTR Balrog as my Destroyer. I then swapped out the sword for a Defiler sword (inspired by a CDO post). The model’s final form as a ‘Balewind Balrog’ came about from stumbling across this battle report and subsequent model spotlight - highly recommend a read. As you can see from the first post, the Destroyer towers over the rest of the army.

Table of Contents

7 Likes

That’s a neat trick! I might borrow that :21:

Without doubt one of the most impressive Chaos Dwarf collections around :21: :26:

1 Like

I like this conversion a lot! :metal: It`s a really awesome idea! :26:

Hammer of Hashut Mk.2

I always liked the mention of the Hammer of Hashut in the army book fluff and wanted some terrain to speak to the Chaos Dwarf’s destructive machinations.

Table of Contents

6 Likes

Unexploded Ordnance (UXO)

Unreliable ammo is a hallmark of the Chaos Dwarfs experimental munitions… Used as terrain or markers.

Table of Contents

7 Likes

Yellow, Blue, & Green Objective Markers

Table of Contents

5 Likes

Ogre Unit 1 with Tyrant

My Ogre Kingdoms army was started after the Slave Ogre for the Dreadquake Mortar had been finished. I decided to make them kin, hence the similar paint job. The lighter blue Ogres were the last to join the army, they were a bulk purchase from a guy in Queensland (the in-army fluff is that the blue progressively darkens with age).

Table of Contents

5 Likes

Ogre Unit 2 with Slaughtermaster

Table of Contents

6 Likes

Ogre Unit 3 with Firebelly

Table of Contents

6 Likes

Hunter and Sabretusk Pack

The Hunter started life as a standard Ogre Bull, who one day picked up a partially destroyed Bolt Thrower (has also been a stand in Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower, or unit filler as required).

Table of Contents

6 Likes

Leadbelchers

Table of Contents

6 Likes

Mournfang Cavalry 1 (2HW)

Table of Contents

6 Likes

Mournfang Cavalry 2 (Ironfists)

Table of Contents

5 Likes