[Resolved!] WTB: Forgeworld Bale Taurus

I’ve been on the hunt for a Bale Taurus from FW for ages without much luck. I already own Drazhoath the Ashen on his Bale Taurus, so am only after the alternate model, which was sold separately as a slightly modified Taurus model, no rider, and different armour plating.

I suspect like lots of folks, I purchased the Bale Taurus+Rider with plans of taking the rider off if I needed just the Taurus, but before I got around to ordering the rest of the line of models FW had already stopped producing the Bale Taurus (happed fairly early on IIRC), so I suspect there aren’t many of these out there in the wild. If anyone knows Rob Baer (from Spikey Bits) I’m curious if he’s still got the one he showcased back in 2011 and would be willing to part with it for a CD fan’s army :wink:

~N

4 Likes

Oof, never seen one offered on eBay or so, it’s even rarer than the Skullcracker. Good luck mate, expect a price tag well beyond 200 pounds.

1 Like

I didn’t even know there was a difference… :stuck_out_tongue: I knew there was a Bale Taurus sold separately but thought it was the same as Cinderbreath. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Good luck mate!

*Edit

I had to look it up now, d*mn that armour variant is nice! I always felt that the slave cages didn’t work proportionaly on the “Drazhoath the Ashen” model so ended up using them for another project. These armour plates I would have been happy to use in their stead!

Again, good luck!

1 Like

Unless your on a time constraint I’d wait a year or two see if chaos dwarfs get a release in the old world and or new Sigmar releases they will probably use those models again for the most part to save costs

I contacted FW a couple of months ago in regards to this, as you suggest, if CWs get a re-release/update we may see them again. Here’s the reply from Luke on June 28th, 2022:

1 Like

Managed to track one down at the end of 2022. Currently sitting on top of a big grey pile :wink:

3 Likes

Nice! That armour variant is very nice. :slight_smile:

1 Like