2000pts 6th edition Army list

Hey all,

I’ve been toying around with army lists for my army, and just looking for thoughts! This is for 6th edition!

*Preface*: I am limited by what models I own. I am slowly building up the army to allow more flexibility, but the below army constitues every model I own so far except for:

* 1 Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower
* 1 Sorcerer

The aim for the future is to definitely increase ranks, especially for the CD warriors and blunderbuss, the former for combat resolution and the latter for that S5 hit!

The List:

1 Chaos Dwarf Lord @ 404 Pts
General; Heavy Armour; Shield
Black Hammer of Hashut [45]
Great Taurus @ [230] Pts

1 Chaos Dwarf Hero @ 76 Pts
Heavy Armour; Shield
Biting Blade [10]

1 Chaos Dwarf Hero @ 111 Pts
Heavy Armour; Shield
Sword of Battle [25]
Gauntlets of Bazhrakk the Cruel [20]

1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer @ 125 Pts
Magic Level 2
Dispel Scroll [25]

9 Chaos Dwarf Warriors @ 170 Pts
Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician
Banner of Slavery [50]
Champion @ [10] Pts

9 Chaos Dwarf Warriors @ 120 Pts
Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician
Champion @ [10] Pts

10 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss @ 120 Pts
Blunderbuss; Heavy Armour

9 Hobgoblins @ 70 Pts
Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician
Boss @ [10] Pts

10 Hobgoblins @ 70 Pts
Normal Bow; Light Armour; Shield

9 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders @ 160 Pts
Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician
Boss @ [10] Pts
10 Wolf @ [0] Pts

9 Sneaky Gits @ 80 Pts
2ndWeapon; Standard; Musician
Boss @ [10] Pts

6 * Bull Centaurs @ 192 Pts
Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician
Champion @ [15] Pts

1 Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower @ 30 Pts
2 Crew @ [0] Pts

1 Death Rocket @ 80 Pts
2 Crew @ [0] Pts
Heavy Armour

1 Death Rocket @ 80 Pts
2 Crew @ [0] Pts
Heavy Armour

1 Earthshaker @ 110 Pts
3 Crew @ [0] Pts
Heavy Armour

• Casting Pool: 4

• Dispel Pool: 3

• Models in Army: 95

• Total Army Cost: 1998

1 Like

I like it!

I’ve been trying to get some of my old Warhammer buddies to play online using UB2, I’d take a CD list along these same lines using the Ravening Hordes list. Right at the beginning of 6th, they’d have to use army lists from the same booklet!

Will you get a chance to play with your army???

Thanks @Tokheim!

I’ve already had some games at Warhammer World in Nottingham - Despite collecting and painting for a while, I’m pretty new to having actual games. I played a 2v2 game last year, my Chaos Dwarfs + Beastmen vs Empire, which ended in a draw, and a small 850pts game earlier this year which was a major loss for me - noob tactics and definitely bad dice rolls aha, but they were both incredibly fun games none the less!

1 Like

the general

it looks like you want a fighter lord.

i don’t think he has enough survivability, i would at least give him armour of the furnace or armour of gazrakh.

personally i would equip him like this:

Chaos Dwarf Lord 450

Black Hammer of Hashut

Armour of the Furnace

Enchanted Shield

Great Taurus

but beware of warmachines shooting him to pieces.

the heroes

I don’t understand your hero setup, what is the plan with the heroes?

i use these hero setups

Bull centaur hero 154

armour of gazrakh

gauntlet of barzakh the cruel

2nd hand weapon

hobgoblin hero 86

enchanted shield(you can only bring one, so either the lord or this guy)

heavy armour

sword of might

wolf

they bring speed and decent hitting power.

the sorcerer

in 6th ed the conventional wisdom is to either, go all in on magic or just bring a scroll caddy.

1 lvl 2 sorcerer won’t help you much. i would recommend dropping the lvl upgrade and by a dispel scroll instead

the blunderbusses

i bring them as well. they rarely kill much, but they scare people. that is their power

the warriors

cd warriors are mediocre, don’t bring command groups if you only bring them in groups of ten.

the hobgoblins

hobgoblins are canon fodder, decoys and expendable, use them like that.

I don’t like shields and light armour on them if they are not a big group. especially the archers.

wolf riders are good, but i’m not sure i would bring a full command. maybe a musician

sneaky gits, i have not tried them yet. looking forward to hear how they worked out for you.

The Bull centaurs

The pride of hashut! i like them alot, but remember that they aren’t heavy cavalry. they hit like a hoove, but suffer from not having a 2+ save like other cavalry.

the artillery

Bolthrowers

bring 2 if you have them. they will earn their points back.

death rocket

if they have a special place in your heart bring them, if not don’t. they won’t earn their points back most of the time. they are unreliable and overpriced.

Earhtshaker
use it to delay the enemy movement. it great and can really have a impact on a battle

i hope it helps and good luck.

1 Like

Your unit sizes are just too small. I know it’s one thing you can’t really do anything about, but concentrated fire on any of them will wipe them out in a turn or two and you won’t have anything to fight with. A charge by any cavalry or ranked unit will take them out and they aren’t fast enough to use MSU tactics. You really want 20+ models for the infantry.

I play a lot of 6th ed, but have only just started collecting CD. Your units are too small for a combat unit it should be 20 unless its a fodder unit. BB should be 18 models. as above either a level 1 with a scroll or take 2 level 2’s or a level 4 and level 2. Bullcentor Hero’s are an auto include. dont take light armour or shields on the Hobo archers. The Banner of Slavery doesn’t seam worth it. I would lose the sneaky gits and take 3 more bolt throwers.