28mm Brazen Bastards, A Community Sculpting Initiative [Antenor Strikes Back: Nov 23 2023]

Karpok of the Blubberborne
Blubberborne of the Great Tusked One

The Outer Gods of the Dvergar are poised to rumble into the fray of battle. As their following grew, so did their power. No longer shall they be repressed! From the North a war cry booms across the land. Blubber for the blubber god!

Bits from my entry to Artisan’s XXXIV. Of it all I’m most pleased with the blubber texture. Sculpted the rolls onto smooth green stuff, let it cure almost 80% and then scored it with a sharp blade. The partial cure helps to prevent the broader fat rolls from being distorted during the scoring.

The idea started off as just a Walhutian Walrus Centaur. The weapon is something I’ve long imagined for the Walhut aesthetic and is a reimagining of this into a triple tusked scythe. I could also see some nice tusk tipped polearms fitting the theme as well. The torso and arms are a bit oversized compared to other bastards since the walrus was the first thing I sculpted. Lesson learned there.

After I’d finished the centaur I also toyed around with making a walrus head as I had enjoyed sculpting the shield (one of the more old school parts I tried to sculpt in the same spirit as vintage looking daemonic shields). I was pretty happy with the fit of the alternate parts so I was basically obliged at that point to figure out how to make a saddle and legs. The legs turned out a bit undersized compared to the torso but probably would fit other bastards pretty well.

All could be forgiven with some clever rescaling or mesh mixing in the future.

23 Likes