28mm early imperial Romans

How did you do the cracked mud on the bases?

2 Likes

Stirland mud. Then, when dry, heavy coat of Aggrellan earth.

The first paint is to create darkness between the cracks and an uneven surface which helps the crackle paint make a nicer more exaggerated effect

3 Likes

Roman relapse! Some wip pics of my next 30 legionaries and a centurion that are on their way :slight_smile:

14 Likes

30 more legionaries, one of whom is a centurion.

Past the “century” mark now!

13 Likes

He looks perfect doesn’t he!

4 Likes

Yes! He looks like he was designed for the army.

I also love that he has the totally non historical wrist bracelet things.

These were actually designed in the 1960s to cover up Hollywood actors wrist watch tans in the first colour sword and sandal/ biblical flicks.

I’ve always thought of this army as my “Hollywood historical” so this is perfect haha. In my head he’s some blonde haired, blue eyed Californian dude with a fantastic jaw who is playing a 1st century centurion hahha

5 Likes

wait til you hear the ridiculous historical bullshit the screenwriter used to justify who they fight against in the movie

2 Likes

This legion has faced beastmen and Khemri undead haha - not much phases them anymore

3 Likes

how fucking much do you guys can paint, it’s always mindblowing to me
im here probably sitting on 10 models this year lol

5 Likes

Looks great, I really do like you painting style! Alot of red, yellow and black works really good. Like a clean Blanche… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Haha, I feel the same! Maybe we should start a support group Eddy? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

You are constantly putting out blood bowl teams, what are you talking about?? XD
Also Jac is an asshat

3 Likes

So Germans and Egyptians to them

2 Likes

Just got back from Canada and it seems some arsehole used my bank card to send a limited edition warlords of erewhon centurion and two mdf Roman war machines to my house. Ridiculous.

The centurion model is gorgeous btw. Very detailed and well scaled. His “Tory power stance” (Google it) pose will make fitting him on a 20mm base hard. So I’ve gotta decide what to do with him. Do I make a scenic 40mm unit filler base? Bit awkward for a unit champ. Or do I go full tactical rock?

Also…a second centurion in my collection only means one thing right? I need another 79 legionaries :joy::joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

Signifer added :slight_smile:

8 Likes

What is this twin tailed comet nonsense these flarprunes speak of?

Why is there a war being fought over a hammer?

Hmm somebody has angrily defaced this date in the timeline…
Age… of … Shit? - mar ?

I can just barely make out a name here…
“The tragedy of Hamlet Schweindergott”
Now there’s a tale worth reading

Battle of the Blormfarps - 75ad. Read a book mate.

2 Likes

The only tome of knowledge I care to partake in is the Holy Scripture of Bishop Brian Passman.

1 Like

The one and only commandment : “Thou shalt not.”

1 Like

smacks inexplicably thic book on forehead

1 Like