A 5th edition army for the 9th age

So, this time it’s not painting related, I took a break from printing to learn and try to cast, I had advice from some people in this and in fabelzel group so I started, I will post the final results in the next reply

8 Likes

Good luck with your endeavour! If you need advice on casting, I’m always happy to help. You can also check out @Thom-Thumb’s blog and my ramblings on the topic.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot!!! I will read it this evening really thanks

1 Like

Still got to improve with mould but I’m happy with the first result

13 Likes

So little updating, some metal blunderbuss done (that one on the square base), i finally build the hobgoblin ballist and a little lamasu it’s coming!! Praise Hashut!

8 Likes

8 Likes

Good job with the casting. The details seem to be preserved fairly well and it’s almost not noticeable that this is a reproduction. Also interesting behaviour on the blunderbuss: it seems to be shrunken a fair bit but the details are still there — some mould expansion when pouring in the hot metal or simply the metal contracting? The latter can happen when the mould is cold, so the temperature difference is high. Usually, I have to do around 10 casts before the mould gets up to temperature (putting it in an oven beforehand at around 100C also helps) Are you using regular silicone or heat-resistant one? I’m asking because I currently rely on HTV silicone which is hard to come by, so more convenient alternatives are always welcome.

Otherwise, very nice paint jobs all around.

1 Like

Hello i think metal contracting, I use heat resistent silicone. Thanks a lot!!!

1 Like

6 Likes

Wip from my army, the new wonderful giant with the flame thrower on top (I can play it like this on 9th age) and the awesome firebulls, my Kdaai

10 Likes

Ready to go in a 50x50 square base

7 Likes

Update, starting the ziggurat guards and still processing the firebulls.

9 Likes

So impressed with everything on the blog.

Metal @Fabelzel miniatures - so cool
The beautiful popping colour scheme
The commitment to goblin green bases

Excellent stuff

Keep it coming

4 Likes

Thanks a lot!!!

So update, I started my elite warrior unit (they’re 25 it will take some time) and moving forward with the firebulls

6 Likes

So good. That plastic warrior is one of my fav minis of all time. Painted beautifully my friend

1 Like

I was forgetting the ziggurat guards

4 Likes

Little update, the fantasy is back!!!

7 Likes

Starting to get the unit up on line

7 Likes

Another piece of my army it’s done

12 Likes