Antenor's Evil Dwarves [2024-01-31]

I finally started working on my next sculpt! It’s the sequel to the Grenadier, so once again there will be a mixture of Napoleonic and Medieval Fantasy aesthetics. I’ve got a little wishlist for this chap (we’ll see how much of this I can manage):

• He should come with two optional varieties of “hat”, namely shako and helmet, both of which must in course be of appropriate height. :tower2:

• His right arm should be exchangeable - possibly from the elbow downwards - to accomodate a blunderbuss option and a polearm option.

• However, in the best of possible events, the pose of his arms should still be non-committal enough to allow for handweapon-plus-shield conversions.

And here is the current state of affairs:

The armour will basically be a Napoleonic half-cuirass plus tassets and a bevor. The bevor will hide the dwarf’s beard (booh, heresy!), but his moustache will hang over it (in a manner similar to that of my ill-fated Mycenaean evil dwarf).

Contrary to intentions, he’ll turn out slightly taller than the Grenadier (though perhaps not quite as corpulent), but at this stage I’m just going to roll with that - it’s a very small difference and will not impede their compatibility.

I’ll keep posting updates and commentaries to document the progress. As always, I’m happy to read your feedback and suggestions!

Cheers
Antenor

9 Likes