Antenor's Evil Dwarves [2024-01-31]

Napoleonic evil dwarf II

Alright, so I finally got my current sculpting project done!

Here are the single parts:

Originally, I wanted the melee option to be some sort of heavy two-handed weapon, but in the end, I went for a pike as it seemed to fit the aesthetics better. Also, I liked the idea of being able to build a pike-and-shot formation with these guys. In any case, the right hand is meant to accomodate all kinds of weaponry - convertibility is one of the prime features I require in a miniature, so it is only proper to apply this standard to my own sculpts as well! :smile: I thought I might have them cast in sets of two, each set containing two torsos and right hands plus one of each headgear and weapon.

I am of course only an amateur sculptor, and accordingly, this miniature is very far from perfect. But I’m quite happy with the way it turned out and will certainly have a lot of fun with those evil little chaps. If the casts come out nice, I’ll see about making them available along with my first Napoleonic dwarf.

Below are previews of the two loadouts as I imagine them (please ignore the black stuff sticking out behind the right hand on some pictures, that’s just an epoxy component I used to hold it in place):

Loadout 1:

Loadout 2:

Of course, the bits might also be combined the other way round:

I’ll put the sculpt away for a few days now and then look it over once more with fresh eyes. After any last emendations that I might find necessary, it’ll be off to casting.

As always, feedback and criticism are most welcome!

Cheers
Antenor

16 Likes