Anycubic photon sale - August 2020

Quite a few of us have spoken about how we’d like to take the plunge and get a decent little 3D printer

Nows the time - these printers are perfect for miniatures. And they are going for a really good price …I’ve gone and bought one myself!!!

( @admins - perhaps this isn’t the appropriate place to put this? Feel free to move it or ask me to repost it elsewhere. Just wanted to get the attention of anyone looking at 3D print files. It’s also time sensitive as the sale will presumably end at some point soon - so this post may need to get deleted at some point )

3 Likes

If I only had the space for it…

1 Like

Holy moly, that is a great offer!

1 Like

Another dude in my gaming group got one too haha

I was saving up for one and thought I was about halfway there…turns out I was done haha

Jokes on them - I’d have paid full price in a few months

Also another funny thing…I haven’t got a computer…so won’t be able to do anything with it for a while. But jumped on the deal cos it was so good.

My dad said he will “look after it” for a while and he might “let me” use his pc for it. I get the feeling I might end up painting in 3D printed models for this service haha

3 Likes

I mean full disclosure, didn’t I hear they more less just released a newer version with 4k resolution? So maybe they’re just getting rid of an soon-to-be outdated model. But still, I think this is a bargain. Seriously tempted to spend money I don’t have on that…

1 Like

I believe you are absolutely correct mate.
But these are absolutely able to handle the detail needed for the average miniature:)

2 Likes

A great price for a good printer of miniatures.

1 Like

This costs less than my prusa clone that I had to build myself. Great price for a resin printer. Looks like it’s brilliant for models but if it’s got a small print bed it might be limited

1 Like

Yeah agreed - definitely it’s biggest drawback.

However a mate of mine has access to a big old printer perfect for scenery. We are currently negotiating a time share so he can produce the buildings and I can produce the soldiers :smiley:

2 Likes

If I am not mistaken, the sale ends in 28 hours.

1 Like

Nice one for the heads up Jasko

I’ve had it a few weeks and printed so many lovely things!

Can fully recommend this product to any hobbyist. Small enough to be stored away but big enough to print most miniatures - about 4 or 5 at a time depending on poses or 2 ogre sized models at a time.

3D printing is pretty daunting to start but if a doughnut like me can do all of those in the first few prints it can’t be that hard!

1 Like