[Archive] [01-10-2013 - WIP Hobgoblins] Wigglesy Chaos Dwarfs!

Wigglesy:

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum so ill give a quick little backstory :hat off

So it al started at Warhammer World for invasion, I popped into the store and had a look to see what forgeworld had to offer.

I was browsing through and after seeing the chaos dwarfs I knew I had to get some.

I am now working towards a 1500 point army for February 2014 for next Invasion. I was looking to use the older models, but due to costs and time and trying to source enough that soon went out of the window for now! So I turned to the Forge world models.

So here is a start of a Forgeworld Chaos Dwarf List.

My first models where ironically not Forgeworld, they are Hobgoblins made of Skaven Stormvermin and Gnoblar heads with some greenstuff here and there.

Hope you enjoy this as much as I am. :slight_smile:

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Yodrin:

Enjoying this? Yes I am…:wink: Great work so far!!

zobo1942:

I love this ‘Gnobgoblin’ conversion. Top marks! I am looking forward to seeing them with some paint on them!

Wigglesy:

First off that’s alot guys! :slight_smile: glad you like them.

This week I’ve only managed to build 4 more hobgoblins and my infernal command

I will post pictures at the weekend, I will try and paint up a tester hobgoblin for you all to look at as well!

Keep an eye out :slight_smile:

Doxor:

I really like the stormvermin body + gobbo/gnoblar head combination. Looking forward to see them painted

ClawLeader:

Just waiting to see the finished product, welcome to the forum and the hobby.

Soulassassin:

I love this 'Gnobgoblin' conversion. Top marks! I am looking forward to seeing them with some paint on them!

zobo1942
Easy on the language there, I dont think you can say Knobgoblin in this forum, this is a family place and... ohh.. with a G. Gottcha ;):cheers

Bloodbeard:

Those guys look really cool. I’ve been thinking about using skaven for hobgoblins.

Are your gnoblins going to be regular or khans? I think they are a bit to buff to be regular slave hobgoblins - but elite Khans, sure thing.

Wigglesy:

Posted by Bloodbeard - 09-12-2013 09:37 AM
Those guys look really cool. I've been thinking about using skaven for hobgoblins.

Are your gnoblins going to be regular or khans? I think they are a bit to buff to be regular slave hobgoblins - but elite Khans, sure thing.
Thanks alot! they are just regular hobgoblins, I do agree they are bulky but  I think they will work well with my army well!

I haven't posted anything in a while, being a busy bee. I promise to get pictures up soon but since last update I have

Built, Based & Undercoated.

1 x Daemonsmith
1 x Infernal Command
5 x Hobgoblins
1 x Hobgoblin filler unit of Ogre with whip
9 x Wolves ready for riders *when I buy/build them*
1 x Hobgoblin Wolf Rider Musician.

:)

Wigglesy:

hey guys,

quick update with a WIP shot of the Colour scheme and just to prove i’m not dead.

Please comment and what not!

Zanthrax:

Looking good- keep the updates coming

Yodrin:

Looks good, but maybe clean up the edges on the base.

Wigglesy:

Posted by Zanthrax - Today 02:04 PM
Looking good- keep the updates coming
Thanks a lot, I will do!
Posted by Yodrin - Today 05:28 PM
Looks good, but maybe clean up the edges on the base.
Yeah I was planning too but I've still got a lot of work to do on it, and cleaning up bases is usually the last on my agenda.

I'm still undecided to possible carry the lava on down the side of the base? to seem like it is flowing all around them. But we will see!

Soulassassin:

I'm still undecided to possible carry the lava on down the side of the base? to seem like it is flowing all around them. But we will see!

Wigglesy
There are many funky basing schemes that extend the material on the base top, onto the sides. Especially with flowing lava! I think however that it breaks the "rules" of the base somewhat, in that I always imagine that the texture on top is the ground the model is standing on, while the base edges are just an abstraction of what is "outside" the model. If that makes any sense at all ;)
Personal preference I guess!

Sticklander:

They look menacing! Can’t wait 'til a whole unit of them is complete!