[Archive] [03.09.2009] so.sad's slow developing CD blog - finally updated

Bassman:

Wow, this bull body is so nice.

Is it milliput? :hat

so.sad:

Bassman: the sculpting putty I’m using is called Magic Sculp - I bought it some time ago and still have enough left to do a whole CD army (or so I guess)

Finally I proudly present: the first CD rank finished

I’m not happy with the shield on the left CD, this one will be redone.

In addition I found out that the one in the middle misses one shoulder pad. I have no clue when I lost this one and for that reason I assume the CD wasn’t happy with it and got rid of it… :o

Think I’ll have to make a new one

Ghrask Dragh:

Warriors look amazing, your scale mail is very impressive, great job buddy :hat off

so.sad:

Ghrask: thx :slight_smile:

here is an update of what I’ve been doing lately:

Although it looks like I’ve primed the plastic parts in the pictures I did not. My camera just messed up :slight_smile:

As you can see I’ve nearly finished the Bull centaur all thats left is to make an upper body and give him a weapon. The last picture is a scale comparison between the bull and one of my normal chaos dwarfs.

What do you guys think, is he way too small or too heavily armored?

Obsidian:

Cr*p, missed this thread!

Love your stuff (although they would’ve looked even better without the hats! :wink: )! How did you make the shoulderpads?

Kera foehunter:

wow great job on the bull centaur!!but the red ribbon on his tail !!! the other bull centaurs may make fun of him!!

great work

Khan!:

wow great job on the bull centaur!!but the red ribbon on his tail !!! the other bull centaurs may make fun of him!!
great work

Kera foehunter
This comment made my night.

so.sad, your chaos dwarfs are my current pick for meanest-looking army on the site! I think they look fantastic. The bull centaur is very promising. As for scale, seems to me that it's just right. Definitely not as big as classic BC models, but those are quite exaggerated - yours looks the proper size for a...mutant bearded dwarf bull centaur...hm...

Merchant:

Great work mate :slight_smile:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

so.sad:

Obsidian: for the shoulderpads I used some plasticard cut into the desired shape (tri-angular with inward curves), greenstuff and small parts of a plastic skull.

The first thing I did was to bend the plasticard a little, pressing the middle onto a pencil while bending the edges. Thenn I cut the skull to get rid of its back till only the “Face” with about .5mm thickness was left and glued it to the plasticard. To finish the shoulderpads I used greenstuff for some minor detail.

If you are interested I can do a more detailed how-to… just tell me.

Finally its update time:

I finished the bull centaur:

this one has a different mask then the other dwarfs. I also got rid of the “red ribbon” during painting :wink:

He is not glued to his bade yet since I still need a workaround to cover the grass part around his feet.

The next thing for me to do is to get the first CD unit done. Actually I already started, their bases are done and I included something “special” with them…

here is a sneak preview of whats going to come:

I hope this got you interested?

Kera foehunter:

great paint job on the bull looks good

Obsidian:

The Terminator helmet=mask works surprisingly well!

Thanks for the explanation of how you did the shoulderpads! :cheers:

so.sad:

hey there

just a quick update this time.

I finished converting the ogre and started to paint it (paintjob is still wip). In addition I made the bases for 6 additional CD Warriors - so you can expect them later this week.

ogre:

regards

so.sad

Tharzhul Firehelm:

I like it a lot, you sculpt the plate mail well, and that bull centaur is really good, keep em coming.

Xander:

Everything looks fantastic!! Great job!

Kera foehunter:

great job on the ogre!! great beard and ammor

slev:

Dude, this all rocks so much.

so.sad:

thanks everybody!

I managed to finish the ogre, take a look:

in addition I’m working on 6 more chaos dwarfs, as I told you before. Though they are not done yet, there is enough of them to make a preview… I hope you all like them? :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

great job with the painting the ogre is also cool …its alway nice to have a ogre as back up

slev:

Dude, the axe the ogre is carrying is sweet. Great stuff.

Ghrask Dragh:

Dude… great army!!

The termie mask on the bull centaur fits perfectly, it’s good to see unique ideas like tht still ssurfacing around here every now and again, the ogre you’ve done is excellent too.

Nice work

:cheers