[Archive] [06/01/2010] Ellimist's Chaos Dwarf Army

Ellimist:

OK,if you’ve noticed the date on the initial post that this thread was started, you’ll understand why I’m suitably embarressed by how progress has gone. Therefore, in the interests of reviving this project (again:sick) I’ll repost the CD sorcerer I di that’s currently in the showcase section.

Now,I have a request. It seems I’m generally only able to produce work for warhammer when I’m motivated or responsible to someone. So, do you all want to do me a favour and keep an eye on this blog? If I fall behind the schedule that I set out for the next post, the first person to notice gets 10 free slaves and can berate me as much as they wish in this thread.

Anyway my schedule for the next post is:

Convert and paint 10 warriors by This time next week, to complete a unit.

Dracomancer:

Nice sorceror, which model is that based on? (I know its something rackham but am unsure as to what range…)

Ellimist:

It’s a thermo-priest from the Dwarfs of Tir-Na-Bor range.

http://paizo.com/store/brand/confrontation/dwarvesOfTirNaBor/v5748btpy799r

clam:

Nice army - and I love you sorcerer. Also love you “Provost of Uren” avatar - is it you own convertion (I may have to steal that;))? - as I don’t see him in your army showcase

wallacer:

I like the steam punk feel of your army.

Generally i’m not a fan of steam punk, but for CD it works well and you have done a gone job of bringing it out.

Love the sorceror, and red + a metallic colour always works well for CDs.

kudos :hat off

Ellimist:

Thanks guys :hat off

As to the avatar, yes it’s one of mine (my first ever CD in fact!) Here’s some old pics of it:

clam:

Ahh! - he is nice. How is the size of a Reckham dwarf fig. - compared with e.g. BfSP-warriors/6ed warriors? Know they are said to be 28 mm - but he looks a bite more heroic scale to me (bigger hands, feet and head) than GW. You don’t have any pic of him next to a warrior - do you? Would like to see - as he could be my army general!

Chaos prince:

Nice work!:cheers

But i think your Hobgoblins need a little bit more highlights:exclamation:

Pyro Stick:

Ellimist
Pics, pics, pics, pics!!

Traitor King:

If I fall behind the schedule that I set out for the next post, the first person to notice gets 10 free slaves and can berate me as much as they wish in this thread.
Oi!
Slacking!
Its been a week!
Cant be having that now can we?

Pyro Stick:

Ellimist
What an epic lie that was :)

Are these done yet?

Canix:

Those are some great conversions there love the drop hats great stuff :hat offany more painting yet :stuck_out_tongue:

Kera foehunter:

Great job i like your Tallhats on your blunderbusses and your Avatar is cool

caos dwrf:

hey the sites back gotz to getz crackin

love ur models

dont take offence to this (im sayin theis cause it looks kool) ur dr looks like a cigar

love ur l8est up date

k c ya on the flip

Vexxus:

How about another update :slight_smile:

Or are you working on secret projects for a certain upcoming Golden Hat comp :wink:

Willmark:

Elmist hasn’t been seen around these parts since December…

Ellimist:

OK, going to get some epic-scale threadomancy going on here.

I was about to sell my CDs off recently, as I haven’t played in forever, but one thing led to another and, well:

Other models standing in for the crew while I do some other things with them.

Nicodemus:

Sweet mother of Hashut! Great base on the Hell Cannon… I really like the colour choice you went with for the metallic part of the body of the cannon as well as the twisted souls. Excellent work :cheers :hat off

Ronshank:

That’s it it’s bloody awesome. So the old yet burning question. Did you ever get around to doing those conversions? Personally I love your conversions they have that real ‘I made it’ stamp on them (and I mean they all look personal not the other way that people take those kinds of complements)

Ellimist:

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

Ronshank: Short answer is no ><. Longer answer is, there’s 5 painted and a bunch more converted. However I’m very unhappy with a lot of the older stuff I did so I’m going to spend a while removing all the basing and reworking the painting/greenstuff a bit. I want to get everything on bases to match the cannon to some degree. I’m also redoing the Taurus, but I’m thinking about scrapping it and going with the base model several others are using at the moment.