[Archive] [08-09-2018] My perpetual WIP Chaos Dwarfs

Abecedar:

I did like your fire team. And your sculpting is great

Timothy Archer:

the girl is amazing , you should cast the mini

Rozmax:

Really good start. Just try to sculpt base model naked.You will see how it easy to sculpt the dress parts. And to sculpt chain mail try to use another putty. Like procreate.

tjub:

Great sculpting, really well done! Only other feedback I can give is that they might need bigger hat. Always go with a bigger hat! :smiley:

Willmark:

Only 39 posts since 2008? Get cracking! (Cracks whip).

All kidding aside [[[BFSP]]] as the basis of the army? looks familiar :wink: Technically that was the second “kidding”.

Anyways good stuff, the [[[BFSP]]] is in indeed a great value. I bought two back in the day, or as I like to call it “The Chaos Dwarf Army Box Set”.

HPN:

Thanks to all guys!

the girl is amazing , you should cast the mini

Timothy Archer
Well, as i said, at the moment i’m not very confident about casting what i sculpted.

But i’m trying to get the time to improve my sculpt, working on it,  and i’m asking some offers for small-batches casting, to be ready for when i will be satisfied of my sculpting level!
Really good start. Just try to sculpt base model naked.You will see how it easy to sculpt the dress parts. And to sculpt chain mail try to use another putty. Like procreate.

Rozmax
Thanks of the advice, i will for sure work on “naked” figures and general anatomies. Also, changing putty might work and i’m up to it, but for the Priestess, since she was for a contest, i preferred to use the same sculpting putty for the whole model, to get a more “unified” visual appearance.
Great sculpting, really well done! Only other feedback I can give is that they might need bigger hat. Always go with a bigger hat! :smiley:

tjub
I’m designing a big hat Kit, so that my Norba Miniatures fireglaives would have plenty of them :smiley:

Only 39 posts since 2008? Get cracking! (Cracks whip).

All kidding aside [[[BFSP]]] as the basis of the army? looks familiar :wink: Technically that was the second “kidding”.

Anyways good stuff, the [[[BFSP]]] is in indeed a great value. I bought two back in the day, or as I like to call it “The Chaos Dwarf Army Box Set”.

Willmark
I’m not a frantic writer, i know :P  

And yeah, BFSP was a great deal for CD. Especially since at that time I was a student on short moneys, and there weren’t all the great alternative models that could be found today.

Helblindi:

Your fireteam was one of my favorites. And I really like the K’Daai concept. Finally some use for sigmarine models :wink:

Uther the unhinged:

Ooh, I like the K�?Tdaii. I agree about the shield,who needs protection ,attack is definitely the best form of defence for a daemon. So axe sword flail wharever as long as its big. Would love to see a classic devil trident (tried mine was rubbish but with your skills could look good). Excellent stuff.

Admiral:

Great flamethrower team and even better sculpts. Mayhap you’ll be the creator of yet another evil dwarf miniature range in the future? (This is a high-risk sickness to catch on CDO.)

Interesting take on the K’daai as well. Since heads are 9/10s of the impression of a model, you might want to consider swapping heads for something more monstrous to change the appearance completely. Or, keeping te original heads, it could be possible to add chain beards to them, mimicking Chaos Dwarf beard style in metal. But if you like the heads as is, stick to them of course and follow your vision as laid our here. Just a tip. :slight_smile:

Best of luck!

Jackswift:

Very nice job on the Kadim. A unique and well executed take and gives them very strong impression of a fire being possessing armor.

HPN:

Here i’m with some updates!  And yay! for starting new models without having finished the previous ones :frowning:

Citizen of Renown - Shebira Donoser

In the high-ranked bloodbowl leagues severe injuries and casualties are the routine, so being assisted by good apothecaries is crucial for everyone wanting to climb the way to success, no matter the price.

If your favourite tentacle has been mangled during last game, your additional arm is behaving strangely or your forehead is hurting like if two (or more) horns are going to spurt out, there’s only a doctor you should look for: Shebira Donoser.

Her “Surgical Treatments of Chaos Mutations” essay is a staple of the modern medicine, and every apothecary aspiring to work with chaos-touched players or teams knows how important is to study from her works.

Shebira’s detractors might spread the word about her being half-crazy and taking too much delight in dissecting or operating patients  (“I noticed that the physical pain seems to favor vitality in chaos mutations, for this reason i suggest to carry on surgical treatments without the use of anestetics of any sort.” [cit.]), but she always rejected all the accuses, labeling those as patethic tryings to contest her professionality.

For truth, those voices seems to not hurt her at all, since she’s still one of the most requested - and well paid!- apothecary of the NAF.

This a model i had great fun in sculpt and paint for the last golden hat contest. For sure not overabundant with canonical and easy to recocgnize chaos dwarf iconography, but i supposed someone working away from the fortress-cities would be somewhat influenced by styles in other parts of the known world (even if the need for an apotecary uniform prevented me to go crazy with landsknecht-style clothes reflecting Empire fashion :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Anyway, she has been sculpted on a “blank” model i made, for practicing with the freshly received BeesPutty sculpting putty. Having made home copies of the blank in resin, i made another model out of the blank, a BSB for  9th age, here still WIP.

It’s something i plan to do again, for different models, for practice on sculpting details and armors/clothes/weapons. Currently i’m working on an Ogre “blank” (the mortars i’m making needs crew). If someone is still into the Emissary exchange project, i think these would be good starting point for me to work with.

Talking about practice, here two more models i made, one finished and one still WIP. A simple Disciple of Lugar (need to get some experience with muscles of the back, but i’m not 100% happy with deltoids, they are too high) and a Chosen of Lugar BSB with Great Meapon, Mask of the Furnace and Lugar’s Dice. Might try to slip a Potion of Swiftness somewhere. It’s a combo i love in 9th age, so i tried to depict it on a model. If you were going to ask…she was not the prettiest of her class even before sharing her body with a bound demon.

Forgive abusively big pics :frowning:

About previously seen models…i completed the conversion of my Kadim Incarnates, so soon i will start the painting, along with the first batch of flintlock axes.

As usual C&C always welcomed!

Carcearion:

Very cool and characterful models! They speak allot to the great style that the 9th age is starting to establish �?" less Chaos and more Mesopotamian (which I�?Tm a fan of!).

Do you have any plans to have them cast???

Uther the unhinged:

I am left speechless by your skill. They are lovely. Great fluff too for the apothecary.

HPN:

So, a quick “little” update…

I had an idea in mind, and started scribbing down shapes during lunch pause at work a week ago. I wanted to give a take at something completely new for me, as practice and challenge. So i decided to embark in this new project, a winged Bull (with rider of course!).

These are just early WIPs, for example horns are proxies, i will make a good pair at the end. Also, the "pink"of the body is just the general volume, the final “bulkiness level” will be the one of the parts already covered in green stuff. Yeah, i wanted the beast to look thick and tough :stuck_out_tongue:

I still have to figure out 100% what i want to do about the rider, i will try some sketches about that later, and i would love to give the beast some kind of armor too, maybe around neck/throat, or shoulders, like Drazoath model.

Spare dwarf is there for size comparison, the square i drew under the beasts is 50mm base also.

Hopefully, if i get satisfied with the final result, i would love to make some home castings of it. I’m quite confident about casting the body, but i bet wings will give me troubles. Anyway, climb a mountain at time, i first have to finish this!

As usual C&C welcome!

Forgefire:

Looks awesome so far! Make sure to leave enough space for the rider and seat though. I imagine that in itself is quite the project!

Carcearion:

I can’t see any images attached to your post x.x

Abecedar:

I love the Bulls face and the rest is coming along great

Carcearion:

Aha! I can see the photos now!

Amazing start! I really like how bulky he is. Thick and tough already achieved sir :hat off

Admiral:

Perfect start!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Uther the unhinged:

He is lovely. Great musculature. I look forward to seeing him done.