[Archive] 09/17/09 For here lays madness! Ghosts army blog {pic heavy}

Loki:

Great work Ghost they are looking great, bet you cant wait to get them done, such a great collection of big hats i wish i had that many, the test hobgoblin looks good am really looking forward to seeing some painted big hats :hat

Ghost:

Great work Ghost they are looking great, bet you cant wait to get them done, such a great collection of big hats i wish i had that many, the test hobgoblin looks good am really looking forward to seeing some painted big hats :hat

Loki
Well your in luck I've just finished my first CD

Willmark:

Cool start to the blog, even with the fact that I'm not a hat fan it is interesting to see how this will progress.

Didn't see it anywhere, did you paint all these originally?

Willmark
Thanks, I've been looking forward to painting these for some time now. The first photo show the models as i got them. I just disassembled them and kept them in bags for the last 2 years.

08/26/09

Day three

I got time today so far to paint a hobgoblin test figure. I'm going to start on a CD test figure after I cook my wife and I diner

1/110 models painted

Ghost
Not bad there is always a need for more painted hobgoblins on the site, hint, hint.

Ghost:

08/28/09

Day four

I’ve got the death rocket team painted and based and the death rocket  bases that they all sit on finished.

I hope to get the death rocket painted today but, could be a tough call though Battle star Galactica is on tonight

After the death rocket is finished I will start batch paint the hobgoblins and they should be finished in 3 or 4 days

3/110 models painted

Border Reiver:

Go with BSG, I would.

Gelli:

loving the rocket crew! The mask looks awesome, really like how that’s turned out. On the flip side not a big fan of the eyes, maybe just leave em blank? Could save you time aswell in the one month goal.

Patrikson:

Nice miniatures mate they are painted very well Specially like the Death Rocket crew

Ghost:

08/30/09

Day six

I’ve got 8 hobgoblins painted these are the back rank of my 16 archers

I started laying down the green on the other 8. I should get them finshed tomorrow.

10/110 models painted

Ghost:

08/31/09

Day Seven

Today I have half finshed 17 more hobgoblins they should be finished tomorrow. Leaving 8 to finish all my hobgoblins. untill my next 30 turn up.

10/110 models painted

Gelli:

Chugging along nicely, those firing pose hobbos archers looks awesome. You seem to be quite the fast painter! congratulations!

Patrikson:

Nice hobgoblins :smiley:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Border Reiver:

the hobgoblins are looking good - the finished ones are necie and grubby.

Ghost:

09/02/09

Day nine

I’ve finished the next 8 hobgoblin archers and the 9 axe hobgoblins need about an hours work to be finished

18/110 models painted

wallacer:

The Hobgoblins look nice. I really like the hats for some reason.

clam:

Awesome work there, Ghost :hat off

Really like the colours you gave those hobgoblins.

Any chance we might se the dath rocket itself, anytime sone -the diorame base looks a bit naked hint, hint :wink:

Ghost:

09/03/09

Day ten

Thanks to evey one who has commented it help me keep up with the painting

I have finshed 9 axe hobgobs and started the last 10. I’ve do a small mod on one of them see photos below

What I have left to paint

27/110 models to paint

Ghost:

End of day ten update

With a bit of super painting effort I’ve got the last 10 hobgobs with an hour of the finish line about a hour left to have them knocked out. Yay that will be the end of painting hobgobs for a while. I’ve got 30 more coming in a week or two.

Tomorow I will start on the CDs. I stripped the death rocket, I wasnt happy with the way I had painted so I opted to paint it again.

Oh and I need a idea about what I should paint on the banner:idea

27/110 models painted

Ghost:

09/04/09

Day eleven

I’ve finished the last of my hobgobs, I still need to get a hobgob boss to make it a group of 20 but I should have one in a week or two.

Now I can start on my Chaos Dwarfs

37/110 models painted

Skink:

Outstanding!!! Impressive!!! You’r knocking out miniatures at an incredible speed, and they’r even well painted:o

Like the colour scheme you went for, Cool colors for the hobbos and red for the chaos dwarfs. I’m curious to see more!

Ghost:

09/05/09

Day twelve

Didn’t get any painting done today x.x

But I did play Blood Bowl and a friend gave me a idea for a bolt thrower, crewed by slaves. I’ve even got fluff to go with it LOL

After a game of Blood Bowl where the CD beat down on the Dark Elves two where tacking as slaves and with a captuered repeter bolt thrower where put to usess.

Here is what I’ve got done on it so far

Just in case they think about running they are chained to the ground and should the try any thing tricksy they’ve got a team of goblines to stop that too. Goblines just love a chance to lord it over some one LOL

37/116