[Archive] [1-18-2009] Amdor's Grudgehammers

Amdor:

so WIP of my banner guy

still need to get his armor, snots need fingers. Banner hand is quite done.

Warriors have AD (Almost Done) mark ;]

My new cutting blade works fie (too fine for my thumb ;p ) so work goes well.

Anyways, dont you want any Bull centaurs in your army?
I really don’t think they would fit to my idea of army. But maybe some day…?

Border Reiver:

Not to be too picky, but shouldn’t the shield be level?

I’m looking forward to this guy, and really want to see how you do the “Slapstick of Painful Knowledge”

Amdor:

Shield is handled by two s2 creatures that have to move t5 dwarf ;p and it is not static so it is quite natural for shield to be not leveled ;]

cricketofdeth:

Shield is handled by two s2 creatures that have to move t5 dwarf ;p and it is not static so it is quite natural for shield to be not leveled ;]

Amdor
Those snots are great! Where are they from?

Amdor:

I have no idea ;] one is from 3rd I guess, second… I can’t tell

Few hours and I will post pic of finished bsb

Amdor:

So here he comes ;]

And with his guyz:

Border Reiver:

I love the “slapstick”. I guess there’s a good reason that the shield won’t be level, but if that is the case, is it possible to model the BSB so that he looks like he’s trying to keep his balance? Right now it looks as if he’s perfectly level on the shield, but the shield itself isn’t, perhaps if you put his right foot forward on the shield, and redo the left arm out straight behind him as a counterbalance?

cricketofdeth:

Thanks, nice BSB, it came out really well.

Kera foehunter:

Very cool love the guy on the shield!! love the armor work and the beards on your troops

Loki:

Great work on the unit and the BSB looks awesome gives real character to the unit :slight_smile:

Amdor:

thanks for the support.

-Border Reiver - he is balancing with legs, hard to see from photo angle, but feet were re-positioned ;] dwarfs are stubborn after all

I’m thinking about next thing to do… rubble? or annihilators? Anyway need to start plotting ^^

Amdor:

Got one mini project running - I’m making my High Priest of Metal

I’m going to put him on sort of meteor like Terrax used to ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWCLymFcoy0 ) but made into kind of Religious Pulpit, levitating above ranks (sort of like frogs palanquin). I’ll try to make him a bit more fat (he is priest after all, so he don’t carge at random lesser creatures ^^, and has more food than hungry halfling could eat) of corse with normal armour ;]

As for the slaves I have cool Idea requireing 2 or three gnoblars ;] You will see.

Kera foehunter:

that would be cool !! can’t wait to see it

Amdor:

WIP:

Looks better than on pic, guess my camera needs more light - in a few days he’ll get his ride ;]

Amdor:

In a day you can expect finished High Priest ;] Currently he needs one or two changes and will gloriously arrive on his floating pulpit. with some luck I will be able to find my camera software and make 3d pics for better visualizations ;p

dncswlf:

Wow REally nice stuff here! Love the snotling banner dude… great concept! can’t wait to see them painted!

Amdor:

Here he is - still not glued to base, and I’m in middle of my search for camera software ;p

Batteries not included:

:stuck_out_tongue:

can’t wait to see them painted!
Yeah, me to, tho I’m not looking forward for painting ;p

Loki:

Great looking model you going to enter him in the golden hat ?

Da Crusha:

very nice conversion work!! I cant wait to see whats next.

Amdor:

hmm I missed this Golden Hat news, so now I just might ;]

Next? I think that there may come some slaves or yet another hero (Hobgoblin, but not so typical ^^)

Just need some time for painting my wh40k blood pact and some nurgle zombies for next month tournament. (3 challanges - each is one battle with your and one with opponents army ) before I jump pack to CD.

See ya, and thanks for support ;]