[Archive] 10.17.2016 Nani del Caos - Archers done

Mivrash Faz:

Very nice minis. I really like the lamassu and prophet. :cheers

Yodrin:

Looks awesome, you did a great job on him!!!

Loidrial:

Thanks guys, what do you think of the black parts on the hat? the 6 horns and the sphere on top? does it fir for you?

I was trying to take inspiration from the paint job of the 90’s

gIL^:

The black is matt so it gives the impression that it’s unfinished. But it’s unfinished if only you think it’s unfinished. It’s all about shading and feathering. Check out my guys black can be tiresome to do but when it works it looks great,

The colour scheme is great.

TheHoodedMan:

Great job on that lammasu and prophet!

Loidrial:

After what I came up with from this other thread:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15484&page=1

Here is my first update, what I achieved on the 1st day.

Admiral:

Judging by the results, you’re learning the art of plasticard-building rapidly. Well done! :cheers

I’ve hardly used plasticard yet, and didn’t know about the issues with super glue on it. I’m sorry. On the bright side, your lammasu is well highlighted. It looks good!

Loidrial:

Judging by the results, you're learning the art of plasticard-building rapidly. Well done! :cheers

I've hardly used plasticard yet, and didn't know about the issues with super glue on it. I'm sorry.

Admiral
Judging by my fingers, I'm like a toddler playing with glue.
No wait, it was what I did for 4 hours today. Nevermind.

Btw seriously, it harder than expected, but still going kinda easily, Obviously is full of mistakes, but I will try to cover them as i can (For example bad glued base, the bad part is on the bottom so noone will see it)

I bought today a glue gun, 12 euros and I'm using that most of the time now, had to apply few drops of superglue because the gun couldnt reach the spot.
Tomorrow I will continue.

Admiral:

Good perseverance!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

BABIS:

After what I came up with from this other thread:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15484&page=1

Here is my first update, what I achieved on the 1st day.

Loidrial
very interesting ;)

TheHoodedMan:

The basic form looks promising.

Loidrial:

The disappointment is way too big when putting together the 2 main parts, it results just way too big.

Bloodbeard:

That’s super cool! Might be too big for the Forge World 60100 suggested base for an iron demon. But you have the base for some great things here. Don’t be disapointed. You could make:

A Chaos Dwarf Ironclad - steamdriven armoured warship.

A bunker as part of a Chaos Dwarf fortification.

Stick it on a 100
150 base use it as a K’daai Destroyer. Some hightly experimental weapon, breaking apart (burning bright) from too much pressure. Letting steam and gas onto close enemies (blazing body).

Or make it a Hellcannon. It’s a tough as nails model, great as smashing enemies in close combat and devasting as hooting long range. This look like a Hellcannon Tank.

Loidrial:

Unfortunatly I already have 2 hell cannons, I just simply wont know what to use it for. This makes me sad n disappointed, losing a bit the will of continuing.

Is not at all what I had in mind, and it is a model that I cant even use properly.

I will try to see what is possible to do with a destroyer…

Loidrial:

Ok small update, I repainted most of the hats, now I like them much more using a base of black and red, gold and metal for the arrows.
Plus I did the crew of the rocket.

So this is it for now.

PS still waiting for the cork for create the bases.

tjub:

A Chaos Dwarf Ironclad - steamdriven armoured warship.

Bloodbeard
Yarrrh, more ships!
@ Loidrial, deep down in my blog you'll find a couple of ships as well as rules for Warhammer Naval Battles. All you need is two paddle wheels on that and you are ready to conquer the sea! :hat off

Admiral:

Nice Chaos Dwarf paint scheme!

I don’t think you should be disappointed. The hull looks good as of now, it’s well worth further developments. If I were in your shoes, I’d probably use it as an Iron Daemon anyway, or fail that a K’daai Destroyer. Big size is usually to your own not your opponent’s disadvantage. Of course, ships are always great to have around in your collection…

On the flipside: You’ve introduced yourself to the world of plasticard, and the results speak of a good start! There’s already quite neat symmetry and reasonably straight lines, especially when viewed from the normal tabletop distance. It shouldn’t be too difficult to develop your skills from there. :wink:

Fuggit Khan:

The repainting of your Big Hat colors are sweet! The copper (gold?) details to the hats is a very nice touch and adds just the right amount of ‘bling’ to the classic 4th edition color scheme.

Very, very nice sir! :cheers

Loidrial:

The repainting of your Big Hat colors are sweet! The copper (gold?) details to the hats is a very nice touch and adds just the right amount of 'bling' to the classic 4th edition color scheme.
Very, very nice sir! :cheers

Fuggit Khan
I used bronze for the base and some gold as highlight on that. Now i'm finally satisfied with them.

Loidrial:

Ok I am really behind with my axewarriors, only 6 painted so far so I decided to spend the entire saturday painting what? The Khan. :mad x.x

Unfortunatly as you all can see, the model wasnt complete, so I had to make some fur cloack, but what bothers me the most is that I miss the extra weapon on the right but at home I couldnt find what to use eventually so FOR NOW he stays without and it looks stupid :~

I also find my 1st attempt to a hobgoblin for my blood bowl team made 1y ago more or less.

Back then I wanted to try with some totally different colors for the dwarves but after seeing it complete didnt work out well.