[Archive] 10.17.2016 Nani del Caos - Archers done

Doombeard:

The Khan is nice but he just looks too big and heavy for a skinny wolf or a baby wolf like he used to be mounted on . He would break its back and it wouldn’t be able to run so fast! Its not a criticism of your skills its more a general design fault with the Gorduz Backstabber model. You’ve done a nice job with the basing and pose of the wolf to get that dynamic look but for me a thunderwolf is the only way to go for this guy. You can pick them up for about £3 in bitz stores. That being said this is fantasy and anything goes so I still like it =)

Loidrial:

The Khan is nice but he just looks too big and heavy for a skinny wolf or a baby wolf like he used to be mounted on . He would break its back and it wouldn't be able to run so fast! Its not a criticism of your skills its more a general design fault with the Gorduz Backstabber model. You've done a nice job with the basing and pose of the wolf to get that dynamic look but for me a thunderwolf is the only way to go for this guy. You can pick them up for about £3 in bitz stores. That being said this is fantasy and anything goes so I still like it =)

Doombeard
but then after with the sending costs to italy is going to be more expensive than the box of fenrir wolves.
I'm quite satisfied with the model overall, i just need to find a weapon for the right side of the hero.
It is just a shame that I didnt have the original back of the hob hero.

Loidrial:

I randomly realised that the original weapon on the right side of the hero it was a bow with quiver, I should be able to recerate it with some goblin bits I have at home.

Plus any comment and critics about my hero will be welcome!

TheHoodedMan:

I randomly realised that the original weapon on the right side of the hero it was a bow with quiver, I should be able to recerate it with some goblin bits I have at home.

Plus any comment and critics about my hero will be welcome!

Loidrial
For me it looks really good and the colors should go well with your chaos dwarves.
The original weapon is a quiver and a bow, but I think you could put there something else as well, for example a trophy like a head or a little chest or so.

Bloodbeard:

I really like that dude and the the wolf has a good dynamic pose. But I fel he needs gear: a spear, packs, bow, quiver, random bits. The wolf is a bit bare.

I would give the eyes a bright colour in yellow or red. Right now he looks a bit like stone.

Yodrin:

Great Khan, but the wolf looks a bit small… Agree with BB on the color bit also

Bassman:

Really nice troopers you have here. I really like their colors. :slight_smile:

It’s always nice people still love blue beards. I probably invented a trend billions of years ago ;-))))))

Loidrial:

Today I finished the Rocket, after the match played yesterday I dediced to make a group shoot of what I painetd so far.

So here you go

Careful: Fresh Paint

Bloodbeard:

Looking good. Get some IG painted and do the bases - claim a medal.

Loidrial:

Looking good. Get some IG painted and do the bases - claim a medal.

Bloodbeard
They are on their way, so far only 11, but I have enough here for a troop of 25 I think, Just need some time and the job doesnt allow me to xD

Yodrin:

Awesome!!!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

DAGabriel:

Reallly good, keep them coming as long as it isn`t too hot to paint.

Loidrial:

Hey Loidrial! I must say that your Khan on wolf is one of the best around.

Herby
Thanks Herby! Unfortunatly I'm kinda disappointed in my wolf, there wasnt much I was able to do on him, maybe when I will do my second in the future I will see what I can do with the airbrush of a friend.

Thanks again anyway :P

Admiral:

Very good start on the army! Nice colour choices. Carry on like this, and Hashut will bless your D6 rolls. :wink:

Abecedar:

Nothing wrong with your wolf that i can see really. Put a few finer details on him and your own opinion might change.

Loidrial:

And here finally my first 20 IG.

I still miss the shields and 4 bases, but that is not so important atm.

There is some nice sun here in Milan today so I couldnt risk and not take some pics.

Tomorrow morning I will play another 1k pts match vs wood elves, still have to make a better list but we are almost on the way to go.

Cheers! :hashut

tjub:

Great looking unit! Im envious… The marauder shields really fits the bit hats. :slight_smile:

Bloodbeard:

Very nice looking regiment. They look demonic with the grey skin, blue beards and red shield. Do those four bases and you are ready for an army medal!

The guy in the fron rank left, need to go back in the ranks or have his shield repositioned. That tilting skull looks all wrong.

Loidrial:

Very nice looking regiment. They look demonic with the grey skin, blue beards and red shield. Do those four bases and you are ready for an army medal!

The guy in the fron rank left, need to go back in the ranks or have his shield repositioned. That tilting skull looks all wrong.

Bloodbeard
That skull was like that or it would have touched the base. I will check it better when I will do the rest of the shields and those 4 bases. Probably tomorrow (I will be home because of a train strike, no job whoo hoo!!)

Thx you all for the compliment!
Next will be the turn of bulls!

Loidrial:

Has been a while since my last update, I was busy and couldnt paint anything but ONE hobgoblin.

My girlfriend for our anniversary gave me a 3d windmill and castle puzzle from Ravensburger or whatever their name is.

So here is the pic, it makes a good scenary piece!