[Archive] 1000 Pointer

Lepreh Khan:

HEROES:

CD Sorcerer (General, will most likely use Lore of Fire)

-Lvl 2, 1 Dispel Scroll

Hobgoblin Hero

-Wolf, Great Weapon, Armor of the Furnace

CORE:

CD Warriors x 24 (sorcerer goes here)

-Full Command

CD Warriors x 25

-Full Command

Hobgoblin Wolf Riders x 10 (Hob Hero goes here… duh)

-Light Armor, Shields

-Full Command

Hobgoblins x 25

SPECIAL:

Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower x 2

TOTAL = 997

Yes, I know, there isn’t an Earthshaker. :frowning: The list is fairly static, but the wolf unit can ride ahead and take care of anything that’s advancing too quickly. Too bad they don’t get a rank bonus though.

I went with the Sorcerer as my General for magic defense mostly, though I bumped him up to lvl 2 in hopes of getting a spell or 2 off on my turn.

-Lepreh Khan

metro_gnome:

i would un-bump the sorceror… and get a scroll…

this is not the most effective combo for a wolf boz…

with heavy armor, and enchanted shield he enjoys a better armor save…

add the sword of might and he hits as hard with magical attacks…

for about 15 points cheaper…

not sure the command is worth it for the wolfboyz…

the champ might be useful to block unfavorable challenges…

but the standard is a VP loss waiting to happen…

the musician is a necessity tho…

i think i’ve saved enough for another block of nekkid hobbies…

Uzkul Werit:

A scroll in a 1000pts? Four dispel dice will do the job. I’d only drop the standard on the Wolfboyz and keep it at that.

Tallhat:

A scroll in a 1000pts? Four dispel dice will do the job. I'd only drop the standard on the Wolfboyz and keep it at that.

Uzkul Werit
No they wont. At least not for me :) I always like to have a Scroll with me just in case. But of course that is jsut the very unlucky me writing here.

- Tallhat

Uzkul Werit:

I guess it all boils down to how magic heavy your gaming environment is. Even in 2000pts, the dozen or so guys I play with rarely that a Lv4. One Orc player does but two scrolls and 4 Dispel Dice are normally enough to scrap through.

Tallhat:

Most of my usual opponents are very magic heavy. Funny enough, the only one who doesnt really use that much magic is a HE player :slight_smile:

- Tallhat

Dark Haven:

Why not take a BC hero with a GW and Armor of Gazrakh? Very powerful and reasonably cheap. Also, any blunderbusses?

Those can be devastating in a 1k game.

sincerely,

Dark Haven