[Archive] 1000 points, ready for tournament

Bloodfire:

Hey, ive entered myself into a tournament at my local games wokshop which is on this weekend (16th of feb) where the limit is 1000 points. Here is an idea that i might use (its similar to my first armylist but with a few tweaks: https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5655).

Heroes

Chaos Dwarf Hero: 94 points

Great weapon, Armour of Gazrakh

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer: 115 points

2x Dispel Scrolls

Core

19 Chaos Dwarf Warriors: Full Command, Shields = 201 points

40 Hobgoblins = 80 points

20 Hobgoblins: Light armour, shields, standard bearer, musician, champion = 110 points

15 Chaos Dwarf Warriors: Blunderbusses = 180 points

10 Hobgoblins �?" Bows = 50 points

Special

2 Bolt Throwers �?" 60 points

Rare

Earth Shaker = 110 points

Total: 1000 points

what do you think? Ill be mostly playing, Orcs, empire, dwarfs high eleves and possibly the occasional Tomb Kings army. Any comments or criticisms are welcome. :slight_smile:

cornixt:

Drop the Gauntlets and use the spare points to boost your tooled up HGs. Apart from that it looks pretty nice and flexible

Theory_Man:

A unit of 15 BB is 180 points not 120 points.

Bloodfire:

Sorry, totally forgot about that >< it was late at night, so ive edited the list.

Lepreh Khan:

I would personally drop the bow hobbos to do one of the following:

1. Boost your Warrior unit up to 25.

2. Get some nekkid disposable hobbos.

3. Get a Hobgoblin Hero to stick in the armored Hobbo unit.

Also, I haven’t played very many 1000 point games where magic was a huge factor in determining the winner. You could (and I’ll leave this up to your discretion, especially if your opponents are magic heavy) drop the mage & scrolls and add in something else. 2 dispel dice is actually not that bad against 1 lvl 1 mage. Maybe if you drop him and the bow hobbos you could pick up some wolf rider hobgoblins.

The list is good, but that’s just what I would do if I were you.

-LK

51la5:

Drop the musicians there not worth it at 10 points each get another couple of chaos dwarf warriors with the points.

Bloodfire:

Thanks for the replies, they’ve been great help to me, but sadly it turned out that the tournament was cancelled due to the fact that only 2 people showed up. But its alright, as ive just entered a campaign that uses the same points cost, so once again thanks for the help :smiley: