[Archive] 1000 pt casual (My first 8th ed. army)

MadHatter:

Hello everyone!

I will start collecting and later fielding a 1000pt army at the local gamingclub! This is what I had in mind…

Is this an o.k. list? I also wonder what lores would be good to take… For flavour I really would like to run Lore of Hashut though :slight_smile: also I didn’t find rules for Spell-Familiars in the rulesbook, are they removed in 8th?

–Yet to be named–

Heroes (250)

Deamonsmith sorcerer          95

+Level 2                             35

+Dispel scroll                      25

*General, stands by the magma cannons

Deamonsmith sorcerer          95

*Joins the unit of Infernal Guards

Core (275)

19 Infernal Guard               228

+Musician          10

+Standard Bearer 10

+Deathmask 12                                  

+Banner of Swiftness 15

Special (475)

Magma Cannon                  145

Magma Cannon                  145

3 Bull Centaurs               120

+Musician          5

+Standard Bearer         10

+Ba’hal         10

+Great weapons         30

+Banner of Eternal Flame     10

Army value: 1000 Points

:cheers

Bloodbeard:

Welcome to the forums. I’ve been playing some 1000 point games - and I think it’s really tough to make a list. Our guys are so expensive. And we really lack a cheaper lord choice - many armies will bring a lord at even 1000 points.

Two magma cannons at a 1000 points i really nasty.

I would drop the lvl 2 daemonsmith.

Get a Castellan with bsb instead. He’s expensive, but you could find some points by bringing a deathshrieker instead of a magma. And give him the iron curse icon for 6++ against warmachines. Or if you keep the daemonsmith give him the ironcure icon. Always bring it!

He’ll make the unit stubborn and let you re-roll LD-tests. With only one block of guys, your don’t want them running.

Give the unit the lichbone pennant as a banner. It’ll give you 6++ against magic. You don’t really need the extra inch of movement - because you want to shoot things with the magma cannon.

Rules
No familiars in regular games.

And you’re gonna have to ask your opponents for permission to break some rules.

1. You have to bring two core units even at 1000 point games.
2. Daemonsmith can’t take lore of hashut (only the lord can do that).

But ask your opponent for permission to look past those. At least the hashut thing.

Lastly I don’t think 3 bull centaurs are needed in an army like this. You’ll win be magic and shooting. So it’s better to have more meat to shield you.

Just my 5 cents of advice.

Never the less - CD are extremely tough almost at any list.

MadHatter:

Welcome to the forums. I've been playing some 1000 point games - and I think it's really tough to make a list. Our guys are so expensive. And we really lack a cheaper lord choice - many armies will bring a lord at even 1000 points.

Two magma cannons at a 1000 points i really nasty.

I would drop the lvl 2 daemonsmith.

Get a Castellan with bsb instead. He's expensive, but you could find some points by bringing a deathshrieker instead of a magma. And give him the iron curse icon for 6++ against warmachines. Or if you keep the daemonsmith give him the ironcure icon. Always bring it!

He'll make the unit stubborn and let you re-roll LD-tests. With only one block of guys, your don't want them running.

Give the unit the lichbone pennant as a banner. It'll give you 6++ against magic. You don't really need the extra inch of movement - because you want to shoot things with the magma cannon.

Rules
No familiars in regular games.

And you're gonna have to ask your opponents for permission to break some rules.

1. You have to bring two core units even at 1000 point games.
2. Daemonsmith can't take lore of hashut (only the lord can do that).

But ask your opponent for permission to look past those. At least the hashut thing.

Lastly I don't think 3 bull centaurs are needed in an army like this. You'll win be magic and shooting. So it's better to have more meat to shield you.

Just my 5 cents of advice.

Never the less - CD are extremely tough almost at any list.

Bloodbeard
Thank you so much for your time and advice!

I don't think I'll be allowed to bend the rules, also I'll be the new guy so I'll have to try not to bend the rules to much... I have to stick with the double magma cannons since I already bought the models needed for the conversion. I looked in both the Tamurkhan and the rulebook but didn't find the ironcurse item, if you could point me in the right direction here, however I have 25p left to use in the heroes selection before passing 25%, I hope that will be enough to include it.

All in all I have 65 points left to spend somehow!

This is the updated list:

Heroes (225)

Deamonsmith sorcerer 95
w. Lore of fire
+Dispel Scroll
*General, stands by the magma cannons

Infernal Castellan 105
+Battle Standard Bearer 25
*Joins the unit of Infernal Guards

---

Core (420)

19 Infernal Guard 228
+Musician 10
+Standard Bearer 10
+Deathmask 12

20 hobgoblins 80

20 hobgoblins 80

---

Special (290)

Magma Cannon 145

Magma Cannon 145

Army value: 935 Points

Bloodbeard:

the Ironcurse Icon is an enchanted item.

Try to fit the lichbone pennant in your unit of IG. 6++ against magic.

Use the remaning point for extra IG. I like to have some dwarfs that can be shot up and still get my full three ranks in combat resolution. You could field a bit fewer hobgoblins for the points.

30 hobgoblins with bows might be an idea.

and good items for heroes is something that keep them alive. Luckstone, enchanted shield, dragon helmet are great choices when you don’t have may points.

MadHatter:

the Ironcurse Icon is an enchanted item.

Try to fit the lichbone pennant in your unit of IG. 6++ against magic.

Use the remaning point for extra IG. I like to have some dwarfs that can be shot up and still get my full three ranks in combat resolution. You could field a bit fewer hobgoblins for the points.

30 hobgoblins with bows might be an idea.

and good items for heroes is something that keep them alive. Luckstone, enchanted shield, dragon helmet are great choices when you don't have may points.

Bloodbeard
Ah I found the enchanted items list, thanks :hat off

Hmm wont the Lichebone Standard and the Ironcurse Icon make the 95p Sorcerer (+25 dispell scroll) and 105p Castellan go 20 points over the allowed 25% of the heroe choice?

Bloodbeard:

A single unit of infernal guard make take a banner up to a value of 50 points.

MadHatter:

A single unit of infernal guard make take a banner up to a value of 50 points.

Bloodbeard
Awesome, thanks!