[Archive] 1500 hth Indy GT list (No War Machines!)

saurus:

Here is a 1500 point list I have been playing with recently. I know it is really soft as ut only has 1 unit of shooting and virtually no magic, but I find it really fun to play. Al about the hth baby! It does compete againts a lot of the lower tier armies, but good players with HE, DE, VC, Liz, Dae would cause a lot of problems and against Wood Elves I would not even bother. (no skirmish, shooting or magic)
I have played against the following armies with this list:
- x2 Dark Elves
- x2 Dogs of War (regiment renown list)
- x1 Empire
- x1 Warriors of Chaos (slaanesh army)
- x1 Vampire Counts
While having better armies, the VC and DE dudes were no where near on the same level of skill, so I still had an advantage.
Have not lost with it yet so I am happy with that :), but all good streaks must come to an end. :o

HERO
Great Horn Bull Centaur (100)
Great Weapon, Chaos Armour, Shield = 116pts
great character for points, helps the BC hit even harder

Daemonsmith (110)
Daemon Weapon, Chaos Armour, Shield, x2 Dispel scroll = 160 pts
magic defence, fear is also useful

Chaos Dwarf Slavemaster (65)
Hand Weapon, Great Weapon, Armour of Gazrakh, Gauntlets of Bahzrack the Cruel, Battle Standard Bearer = 144pts
love this set up, real bang for buck. 1+ Sv and str 7, and if he kills one of his own, the bsb will negate the combat res loss

CORE
20 Chaos Dwarf Warriors
Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield, Full Command, = 205pts
bsb here, acts as the army anvil. Also sux that only CD units count for core. Should have been something likeYou must have at least one unit of regular chaos dwarf warriors in you army

16 Chaos Dwarf Annihilators
Musician = 197pts
way overpowered, but definately worth it

5 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders
Spears, Light Armour, Daemon Eyes, Musician = 76 pts

5 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders

5 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders
love my fast cav. Bows on em are useless and animosity can make you want to pull your hair out, still great though, hence why 3 units

20 Rabble
Hand Weapon, Taskmaster = 50pts

20 Rabble
Hand Weapon, Taskmaster = 50pts
at 2pts each, you would be crazy not too!

SPECIAL
6 Bull Centaurs (108)
Champion, Musician, Chaos Armour, Shields, Great Axes = 174pts

6 Bull Centaurs (108)
Champion, Musician, Chaos Armour, Shields, Great Axes = 174pts
two big hammer units. Chaos armour is worth it, the amount of times I have made saves that if I only had heavy would have killed me. BC hit hard and with a hero in there will break most things on the charge

1500pts

saurus:

Any comments, opinions, advice?

Loki:

Good looking list saurus, the only thing i would try and squeave in there would be an earth shaker or a couple of bolt throwers to give you just a little bit of shooting abut other than that looks good to me :slight_smile: