[Archive] 1500 Ravening Hordes CD

Ghaamesh:

So I’m thinking of playing an aggressive gunline army with pretty much pure CD’s in big hats :hat off

Lords: - 260

Sorceror Lord: keep lvl 3, Crown of Command, Black Gem of Gnar - 260

Heroes: - 108

Bull Centaur Hero: Heavy Armor, Great Axe - 108

Core: - 724

Chaos Dwarf Warriors:  x29, Great Axes, Banner, Musician, Gleaming Pendant, - 344

Chaos Dwarf Warriors: x15, Blunderbusses, Musician - 190

Chaos Dwarf Warriors: x15, Blunderbusses, Musician - 190

Rare: - 412

Earthshaker - 110

Earthshaker - 110

Bull Centaurs: x7, Heavy Armor, Banner, Musician, Banner of Swiftness - 192

Total : - 1504

The idea is the warriors create a battle line with the blunderbusses flanking them. They use the movement modifiers of the earthshakers to stay in short range and pepper with blunderbuss fire while the Centaurs make their way around the backfield - M9 makes them great flank chargers. The main block is my anchor being Ld10 stubborn with 1 reroll. the sorceror is just pesky with lore of death throwing de-buffs around the field, and if someone tries to hero-hammer, i can nullify the hero with the black gem.

Anyways, I dont’t want to change unit comp, but somethings I will be willing to drop are the centaur hero (Centaur unit goes from 7->8), the sorceror from 3-2, the 30 man block to a 24 man block.

I would love some feedback, and I am planning on building the army after collecting enough info and tips on how to convert dwarves to bad guy dwarves

Enjoysrandom:

Great list would be nice to behold complete on the table and the plan seems solid.

Also surely you have come to the right place for feedback and tips on conversions, there are great ideas here:

Tjub’s Army Blog - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3630

Admirals Tips For Converting - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16977

Fuggits Army Blog - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13050

Photobucket has rendered some of the images to display incorrectly

Admiral:

Good luck! No ideas on battlefield prowess, but Xander’s classic tutorials are always a good place to start. Then, as Enjoysrandom mentioned, you can scour the forum for wild ideas and come up with your own. Currently we’re in the midst of a Photobucket crisis, but are looking into restoring/salvaging the pictures. Still, many unavailable pictures in the logs can usually be accessed by clicking “open link in new tab”, and failing that, by entering the user’s Photobucket album.

Xander Chaos Dwarfs

Xander Hobgoblins

Now, I’d recommend you take a look through the Tutorial section as well to pick up some tricks of the trade. Just ask if there’s anything you wonder. The army logs and showcase contain hundreds upon hundreds of clever conversions, not to mention complete sculpts.

Welcome to the Dawi Zharr, the Blacksmiths of Chaos. Here, you can tinker to high heaven and go crazy with towering hats and daemonic masks. :hat off

Roark:

That’s a solid list, man. Nice focus. Those Bulls + Bull hero are fast enough to serve as a viable attack wing, and the gunline will be pretty miserable for linebreakers. Dunno about the Black Gem of Gnar though… Isn’t it useless against impact hits and challenges? I think it was awesome in previous editions, but not so much in RH. Apologies if I’m ignorant/forgetful.

Ghaamesh:

Good luck! No ideas on battlefield prowess, but Xander's classic tutorials are always a good place to start. Then, as Enjoysrandom mentioned, you can scour the forum for wild ideas and come up with your own. Currently we're in the midst of a Photobucket crisis, but are looking into restoring/salvaging the pictures. Still, many unavailable pictures in the logs can usually be accessed by clicking "open link in new tab", and failing that, by entering the user's Photobucket album.

Xander Chaos Dwarfs
Xander Hobgoblins

Now, I'd recommend you take a look through the Tutorial section as well to pick up some tricks of the trade. Just ask if there's anything you wonder. The army logs and showcase contain hundreds upon hundreds of clever conversions, not to mention complete sculpts.

Welcome to the Dawi Zharr, the Blacksmiths of Chaos. Here, you can tinker to high heaven and go crazy with towering hats and daemonic masks. :hat off

Admiral
thank you for the welcome! i will be sure to check out the tutorial section as i need as much information about sculpting as possible!
That's a solid list, man. Nice focus. Those Bulls + Bull hero are fast enough to serve as a viable attack wing, and the gunline will be pretty miserable for linebreakers. Dunno about the Black Gem of Gnar though... Isn't it useless against impact hits and challenges? I think it was awesome in previous editions, but not so much in RH. Apologies if I'm ignorant/forgetful.

Roark
the black gem of gnar stops you and one other model in base contact from attacking that phase. its one use only sadly but it could for sure turn the combat in your favor if their kitted combat lord can't fight while his unit gets iced (vampire counts, orcs, etc)