[Archive] 1500p list

Golder Goldeater:

I really need some advice on this list. Every unit in the LoA list sounds kick@$$ but is too expensive to field in a 1500p list.
So in the end I came up with this list;

daemonsmith 160p
lvl 2, dispell scroll, ironcurse icon

BSB 160p
enchanted shield, dawnstone

23 Infernal Guard 331p
Standard Bearer, Musician, Banner of Slavery

30 hobgoblins 124p
musician,

20 hobgoblins 104p
musician, bows

6 Bull Centaurs 310p
Full Command, Great Weapons

6 Bull Centaurs 310p
Full Command, Great Weapons,

160+160+331+124+104+310+310=1499p

Thanks in advance :cheers

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I’ll start by saying the minimum unit size for Hobgoblins is 20. Sorry.

Grimbold Blackhammer

propervillanz:

I recently had great success with infernal guard units of 10 with musician and banner bearer, MSU style i believe it is called. With the right support, war machines in my case and good placement you can do three things. Granted i have only played a total of 4 games with Chaos Dwarfs.

1) Concentrate fire on single units to make them useless by the time they get into close combat. (took a unit of 13 knights of the realm down to 2 with war machine and fireglaive fire. so by the time they got into combat they were easy pickings.)

2) Pseudo counter charge. (on my last game a unit of 30 men at arms charged a unit of 10 blunderbuss infernal guard i lost combat but held and charged both of his flanks with 10 fireglaivers and 10 blunderbusses respectively, smashed them and ran them down, then all three units quick reformed and blew apart their general the next turn.)

3) Add versatility to your army (i set up the blunderbuss units as anvils and the fireglaive units as hammers and it worked beautifully, fireglaives on a flank are brutal.)

Anyway, that is my two cents, i hope it helps and best of chance in your upcoming battle.