[Archive] [19/07/10] Chaos Dwarf Combat Engineers

Dino:

This stuff is nice GrimstoneFire. I really like the all warriors warriors alot. They look so chaosy. Nice job.

Kera foehunter:

great job Grims could you show the guy in the blunder buss the one that looks like a gatlingun . i think that is so sweet. great work

Willmark:

Dude your stuff rocks as always; definately one of the best on the site.

AGPO:

Great to see some new stuff Grims, any chance of seeing a WIP on the Immortal concept

minty:

Must resist urge to worsahip

Bows down

Urge not resisted well

they are awesome:)

Xander:

Incredible, as always. :slight_smile:

The attention to detail for each miniature is remarkable. This is going to be an army be proud of. :slight_smile:

Ghrask Dragh:

I wouldn’t be disappointed if this is what GW where to release for the new line of miniatures!

:hat off Grim’!

Grimstonefire:

Once I have finished the model I will put up the Immortal concept green. I’m finally happy, I’ve got a design I like.

He’s about 80% done, just the cloak and axe to do.  I’ve gone for an interesting approach, EVERYTHING is covered in at least one layer of armour.  

Legs/ feet have 7 plates of armour (per leg). 8 if you include the scale mail loin cloth.

Torso has 2

Head/ neck has 3 (helmet, bevor, armour on beard)

Arms/ hands have 8 (per arm, including the armoured gloves)

Axe has 1! (the axe appears to have an armoured layer)

Cloak has 1 (large plates of metal).

37 pieces, that’s one hell of a lot of armour!

The axe is about the same size as the one on my avatar.

I’ve designed it to be castable.

@Kera

I’ll finish the model then take another pic :wink:

AGPO:

Cna’t wait, when can we hope to see this beauty? Don’t suppose any of those casts would be for sale??

Xander:

you should take some pictures of your warriors row by row, front and back. That way we can all appreciate the work you have put into each one. :slight_smile:

Same thing with your 10 or so black orcs. We’d love some WIPs! They don’t have to be perfect to inspire us! :wink:

Grimstonefire:

As you asked for (the BO). The warriors can wait a month until they are completely finished:

furrie:

they look pretty cool

Kera foehunter:

Are those dwarf beards on the cape.Thats sooooooo cool grims

Perv:

Yeah superb mate, cant wait to see a big pic of it all when its finished, wil be VERY impresive !!!

Xander:

Sweet, those are looking great! :slight_smile:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Wow, and I though just assembling the plastic BLOrcs was a lot of work already!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Good scale mail and nice cloak of beards!

Xander:

Your ES should be added to this blog now! :smiley:

Grimstonefire:

It’s about time I updated this (has it really been over a year!?!).  I’ll take some photos tommorow

I’ve been doing a lot of work over the weekend trying to get my army up to being photographed for my army book.

Warriors with hand weapons are a lot closer to finished, really it’s just fussing to get them perfect now.  I’ve made a cool banner from the bloodletters big khorne rune standard.  A quick trim and it’s now a rune of hashut dripping in blood!

Brotherhood (warriors with GW) are edging closer…  I will do some sneaky editing on the computer for the shots in my army book (need to do about 10 more shields).

Painted a decent blunderbusser.

Plus my battlerager of course.

Converted a sorcerer from the newest dwarf army standard model.  He was originally going to be my army standard as well, but he makes a nice sorcerer.

Last but not least… The soul reaper model I started years ago is close enough to finished that I’m actually painting it!  :o :o

That should keep revlid off my back for at least a couple of months! :wink:

tjub:

Oh, I love those Black Orcs. I had not seen these before, but man I got to get myself some asap. The cape with Dwarf beards is an great idea too!

Edit: Just read through this blog… WOW! :hat off Great work, cant see how I could have missed this before. Shame on me.