[Archive] 2,5 k List Combat for tourney

Lazerus:

Hi all,

I want to play chaosdwarf at a tournament in Germany.

2500 points

- Each Lv.2 wizard that chose the Lore of Death

and each unit of Doomfire Warlocks count as 1 additionally generated    

power dice, each Lv.3+ wizard that chose the Lore of Death as 2

- Max. 80 models with shooting attacks, (single shot) bolt throwers

count as 5, other war machines as 10

- Max. 3 models with shooting attacks using a template (incl. cannons and

breath weapons)

- Max. 45 models per unit , max. 450. points per unit (excluding

characters)

- Max. 3 of the same choice

- No Power Scroll / Crown of Command / Folding Fortress

- No special characters or champions

Max. 3:

- Each Iron Daemon,

- each S5 template,

- K�?Tdaai Destroyer (counts as 2),

- the 2nd mounted sorcerer prophet

- Iron Daemon, Deathshrieker Rocketlauncher, Hellcannon, Dreadquake Mortar, Magma Cannon count as 15 shooting models, Hobgoblins with knives as 0.25, Chaos Dwarves with Blunderbuss as 1.5

- NoChalice of Blood and Darkness

- Max. 1 Hellcannon

I think about this:

Sorceror-Prophet

General; Magic Level 4; Lore of Death; Blackshard Armour

Talisman of Preservation; Charmed Shield

Bull Centaur Taur’ruk

Heavy Armour; Dawn Stone; Sword of Might; Enchanted Shield

Deamonsmith Sorceror

Magic Level 1; Lore of Fire; Dispel Scroll

Infernal  Castellan

Blackshard Armour; Shield; Battle Standard

The Mask of the Furnace; Ironcurse Icon

Hobgoblin Khan; Giant Wolf

Hobgoblin Khan; Giant Wolf

31 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard

Blackshard Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician; Champion

Razor Standard

35 Hobgoblin Cutthroats

Normal Bow; Light Armour; Musician

3 Bull Centaur Renders

Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Musician

1 Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher

1 Hellcannon

1 K’daai Destroyer

So stand with the IG and warmachines and go on the flank with Kadaii, Hobbo, Tauruk and Bullcentaurs.

What do you think? Or more warmachines or go without?

What can I change, make better?

Thanks

sam585:

The only suggestion I can make is dropping the blunders from your IG and get to the minimum of 625 core. With the extra 179 points you can do a lot like make your centaur block stronger (6+1 hero usually means you retain steadfast against a skullcrushers) and still have points left over to gear up khans, or get a earthing rod, ruby ring, something.

Lazerus:

@Sam

Thanks. But I do not have blunders. I have 628 points in core so I can not drop here anything.

Core is:

31 IG FC and Razor Banner with Handwaepon and Shield

35 Hobgoblin bow and musician

Bloodbeard:

I like your list. Lots of restrictions in that tournament.

A few things I will suggest:

Find room for spears on your khans. That extra strength on the charge is really important! Giving you a much better chance of taking out warmachine crew, overrunning or reforming on the turn you charge.

I think stationary sorcerer prophets are pretty boring and tend to blow up their unit (with my luck). Flying makes them brilliant. A flying prophet with Lore of Hashut is ultra fun. Ash storming units, hammering them with our 6’’ magic missile. I love a flying Lore of Hashut prophet. And forcing the enemy to take LD-tests for maching.

But flying and Lore of Death is eqally deadly. Making you able to hit the entire enemy line with a six-diced purple sun. Always killing more than the prophet is worth himself (should he blow up).

TheHoodedMan:

I would think about lore of death in this list. I played it myself last time but this was a list which moved forward a little bit more.

All spells but “doom and darkness” (which is very good!) lack range, so maybe you will not cast very much.

Ok, if you get to 24" d&d and the signature spell are enough for low magic phases.

I liked metal the last games with the support spells for the archers and the armor spell against archers :-).

The 6 spell can come in handy, too, as well as the spell which lowers enemy armour.

And there are some armies who dont like the signature spell as well (empire, Warriors of chaos, dwarfs, bretonnia). <br>Metal wouldnt cost you all channeling.

A standard in the BC would be great because of the close combat score.

The iron curse icon is not really necessary.

Maybe you can squeeze out some points by giving only the talisman of endurance on the s-p and then the talisman of preservation to the BSB.

In my last 6 tournament games nobody made a single attack against the general :).

P.S.: Nice Sword of might on the Tau`ruk ;).

Lazerus:

So I can change Hellcanon to Magma and have then points for carpet, Standard at the bulls and Spear for Hobo

Bloodbeard:

I would try, for everything in the world, to keep the hellcannon.

Magical attacks, forced -1 LD test on hit enemies, great monster and really hard to kill. Combined with Doom and Darkness (lore of death) or Dark Subjugation (lore of Hashut) it will enemies flee left and right.

Best about the hellcannon is the broken “monsters and handlers” rules that lets it survive cannon balls better than most.

I would much rather drop the destroyer than the hellcannon. Or perhaps loose a death shrieker rocket. Tbey are great. But having a hellcannon and 1 deathshrieker is a good limit for 1 daemonsmith re-roll. If you choose to have your prophet zooming around the battlefield.

TheHoodedMan:

Like bloodbeard I would also keep the Hellcannon. You need its (defensive) fighting potential and toughness. Its much harder to kill than most other stuff.

No carpet. You cant join the General in a unit then. Thats too risky in a tournament from my point of view.

Lazerus:

I changed a little: So no Tauruk but Prophet on Taurus

Sorceror-Prophet
     General; Magic Level 4; Lore of Death; Blackshard Armour; Great Taurus
     Talisman of Preservation; Charmed Shield; Black Hammer

Deamonsmith Sorceror

Infernal  Castellan
     Blackshard Armour; Shield; Battle Standard
     The Mask of the Furnace

Hobgoblin Khan; Giant Wolf; Spear

31 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard
     Blackshard Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician; Champion
     Razor Standard
35 Hobgoblin Cutthroats
     Normal Bow; Light Armour; Musician

3 Bull Centaur Renders
     Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Musician; Standard - Glaming Pedant

1 Hellcannon
1 K’daai Destroyer

Grollbringer:

Looks good so far. But if you want to use a Taurus, I would always choose the Bale Taurus. This guy is much better for his points.

See you there ;)!

TheHoodedMan:

@Grollbringer and Lazerus: Would have joined you, but I`m on vacation ;).

Good luck for you both. Please report how your armies performed.

List looks good so far. Great Taurus is not so tough as the Bale, but can do his job against chaff and as flank supporter. You can better hide him from cannons and he can better fly into gaps between troops for a quick purple sun :-). And 80 pts are 80 pts.

Lazerus:

@Grollbringer

last tourney I played the following List:

Prophet on BaleTaurus

Daemonsmith

2x Hobbo

BSB

30 IG with handwaepon and Shield

35 Hobbo with bows and shield

2x Deathshrieker

Irondaemon

Kadaii

It was fun, but when I lose ID, Kadaii or Prophet, then I lose the game :frowning:

Do you play also CZ on this tourney?

Grollbringer:

Yes, I also play chaos dwarfs on this tourney :).

In my point of view the army you played at last tourny is the best. I don´t think so, if you lose the Kdaii or ID the game is lost - my poor Kdaii dies in most of the games :P.

My army list isn´t finished yet too. Was thinking last time about double Lvl 4 prophet.

Lazerus:

Was fun to play the list. :hat

I also think abou to use a duoble prophet List both on Bale Taurus :cheers

Lazerus:

I changed the core and BSB

Sorceror-Prophet

General; Magic Level 4; Lore of Hashut; Blackshard Armour; Great Taurus

Talisman of Preservation; Charmed Shield; Black Hammer

Deamonsmith Sorceror

Bull Centaur Taur’ruk

Heavy Armour; Dawn Stone; Sword of Might; Enchanted Shield

25 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard

Blackshard Armour; Fireglives; Standard; Musician

10 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard

Blackshard Armour; Fireglives; Musician

3 Bull Centaur Renders

Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Musician; Standard - Glaming Pedant

1 Hellcannon

1 K’daai Destroyer

So no BSB und only Fireglives in Core.

What do you say?

Lazerus:

I played the following list and get 6. place.

After game two I was on place 2.

Prophet on BaleTaurus; BlackHammer, 4++; Shield

Daemonsmith; Dispel Roll

2x Hobbo on Wolf, Spear

BSB; Mask, Shield

30 IG with handwaepon and Shield; Razor Banner; Full Command

35 Hobbo with bows and shield; St + Mu

2x Deathshrieker

Irondaemon; Hellbound

Kadaii

Game 1 against Lizardmen 12:8

Game 2 against Skaven 19:1

Game 3 against Empire 2:18

Empire was Demi 5, 3 - big Knights. 2x 5 knights; Tank …

What can I do against this? Kadaii and Bale die in round 2.

What can I do with the ID against this list?

I would change the IG to IG with Greatweapon und the BSB also with Greatweapon.

TheHoodedMan:

Congratulations, a good score :cheers.

Great Weapons are much better against the knights, perhaps even keep the razor banner. Lore of metal is a killer against Empire cav lists and not bad against a lot of the other armies around. Even wood elf wild riders have a 4+ armour and metal has a lot of support spells, too.

From my point of view I would have tried to redirect the knight block and shoot it with the iron demon (keeping him out of charging angles). The shriekers should hit the tank. The destroyer could deal with the demigryphs, but 5 are a hard matchup. The lord on bale should not risk a melee with the demis alone, but as flank support for the destroyer would be perfect.

Did he have a cannon?

Your opponent won the tournament, right ;)? So he will probably have his own plans. I would have stayed back and tried to give him difficult decisions where to move.

sam585:

Dont take greatweapons on the Infernal guard, all that will do is make them die faster.

Switch magic lore to death on the level 4 and metal on the level 1. Take more infernal guard instead of more hobgoblins. The knights are low strength after the charge, and can be crippled with soulblight. Death snipes for the heroes. Additionally, purple sun can deal with most empire units due to them not having the greatest initiative.

Taking a Taurus into any competitive environment is usually you just hamstringing yourself, it is not a strong choice atm, and 4 centaurs with greatweapons would have benefited you more in the match against the Empire knight list.

When using the K’daii, how did it die on turn 2?