[Archive] 2.5k Points (New Convert to Chaos Dwarvism)

Glimpse the Void:

Hello,

This is my very first Chaos Dwarf army list, I have just begun purchasing my very first models. I was originally going to do Orcs and goblins, but Christopher Barnette of Garage hammer has helped me to see the light. Please help me think about how this army works together before I’m in over my head in purchased models I won’t use. Please help me get a good synergy going. Thanks in Advance

I am a casual player, and just looking for my games to be fun and strategic.

High Priest of Hashut @ 305.0 Pts (I’d like to work a Lamasu in here)

Magic Level 3; Lore of Shadow

Hexacon of Hashut

Dispel Scroll

Armour of Destiny

1 Daemonsmith @ 142.0 Pts

General; Chaos Armour; Shield

Amulet of Hashut (Gving the Obsidian Guard Frenzy…)

1 Chaos Dwarf Slavemaster @ 137.0 Pts

Chaos Armour; Shield; Battle Standard

Talisman of Preservation

19 Chaos Dwarf Annihilators @ 224.0 Pts

Blunderbuss; Heavy Armour; Standard; Musician

38 Rabble @ 88.0 Pts

1 Taskmaster @

Glimpse the Void:

Penny for your thoughts…

nitroglysarine:

I’d say drop one of the three units of anniliators and get yourself some warriors, else in combat you’ll have to rely on the rabble to die and the Immortals, a nice fat unit of Warriors with a good standard would help maybe?

Perhaps loose a death rocket and two of the inferno golems and get a small unit of Bull Centuars for a bit of pace?

Just thoughts. If you are after a shooty army, you are there! :smiley:

Glimpse the Void:

Thanks for the ideas, I am trying to go shooty, followed up by a solid punch in the face. Perhaps a unit of warriors is in order. I will definitly take this under consideration.

Do you guys have success running units of 3 golems?

nitroglysarine:

Never tried a unit of them of any size, but as they basically ogres with good armour,

i’d say a unit of 3 could work.

Glimpse the Void:

They seem hands down better than ogres, trolls, or treekin as far as I can tell.

3 sounds like support, I am looking for a unit devastating hammer. I’d appreciate hearing in from anyone who’s messed around with these guys. I only have 4 models at the moment any way…

nitroglysarine:

then perhaps two units of three?

Glimpse the Void:

Thats crazy sauce and like it. Multiple threats, and they can take that lava spell 2x in 2 units. That definitly relegates them into the role of support, but who says they can’t support each other? Of course with my luch, the random charge distances will have one unit go in by itself while the other is like “just kidding”

nitroglysarine:

Never heard the term ‘crazy sauce’ but I might add it to my everyday vocabulary!

Plus the bonus with 6 models is you can decide weather to field them as a unit of 6 or as 2X3 :smiley:

Glimpse the Void:

Oh I hear you and think its a cool idea. I just have to find the points…

It occured to me today that it may not be fun to be on the other side of this much shooting. I am wondering if I should loose one of the rockets. It saddens me, but I don’t want become “that guy”