[Archive] 2 Bull Taurus Models Coming, No warriors before years end

Veshnakar:

Just wanted to pass this along for my fellow chaos dwarf lovers.

Hi there.

Firstly, thanks for your support regarding our Chaos Dwarf releases. We do plan to release a few more things for them but at present we don�?Tt have any plans for normal Chaos Dwarf warriors before the end of the year. We will be releasing one or two more character models as well as a two different Bull Taurus models.

Thanks

Tris Buckroyd
Kind of disappointing but things could still change! At least we are getting two characters (probably getting that Castellan and Sorcerer Prophet from gamesday pictures) and some great taurus models. I wonder why there are two though? Perhaps one to be used a K’daii Destroyer?

-V

Luhn/Alandanir:

Two different models might mean one unmounted and one mounted , much like the Carmine Dragon.

Luhn/Alandanir

wallacer:

Or one of them is a special character.

Borador:

Or one has a lammasu upgrade? =D mayhaps even two different poses, one staggering, one charging?

Or maybe even two different styles, armored and unarmored?

Thommy H:

I’m pretty sure it was confirmed that one would be the special character Taurus.

KingFisher:

Just wanted to pass this along for my fellow chaos dwarf lovers.
Hi there.

Firstly, thanks for your support regarding our Chaos Dwarf releases.  We do plan to release a few more things for them but at present we don�?Tt have any plans for normal Chaos Dwarf warriors before the end of the year.  We will be releasing one or two more character models as well as a two different Bull Taurus models.

Thanks

Tris Buckroyd

Veshnakar
How do you guys know he doesn't mean "Bull Centaur" instead of "Great Taurus". If you look at the Rhinox rider it makes a ton more sense that that we see MI Bull centaurs in 2 models rather then 2 separate Great Taurus.

It has been stated that the FW Great Taurus will be able to use multiple characters. Therefore the special character seen in the scans from FR GD will come with the FW Bull, however this Bull we be able to use the other special character they develop as well.

Murdock129:

Perhaps it will be like that old rumor with the Empire’s Demigriffin, where they will have one with a character/characters and one type which will be used as a form of cavalry with basic warriors on top

Just a thought

Thommy H:

How do you guys know he doesn't mean "Bull Centaur" instead of "Great Taurus".
Because "Bull Taurus" sounds like it could be a slight misnomer for "Great Taurus", and doesn't at all sound like it could be a misnomer for "Bull Centaur". The key words are "Taurus" and "Centaur", not "Great" and "Bull". I've actually seen Bull Taurus used before anyway, back in 4th Edition (Gary Morley used it in the Battle for Anurel's Tomb in White Dwarf).

Also, it's been rumoured that there are going to be two Tauruses already.

KingFisher:

How do you guys know he doesn't mean "Bull Centaur" instead of "Great Taurus".
Because "Bull Taurus" sounds like it could be a slight misnomer for "Great Taurus", and doesn't at all sound like it could be a misnomer for "Bull Centaur". The key words are "Taurus" and "Centaur", not "Great" and "Bull". I've actually seen Bull Taurus used before anyway, back in 4th Edition (Gary Morley used it in the Battle for Anurel's Tomb in White Dwarf).

Also, it's been rumoured that there are going to be two Tauruses already.

Thommy H
I can just an easily make the argument people remember things by the first part of the name.

To someone who is ignorant of the 4th ed history. "Taurus and Centaur" are both 4 legged cloven hoof monsters.

My point still stands on a business case 2 BC models gets you a unit assuming both are multi-part.

Add in a character on GT character on foot that can be mounted on the GT. Now you have far more options:

2 characters on foot 2 characters on a GT makes 4 options.

2 BC models like the Rhinox riders able to make the "Iconic" Chaos dwarf unit. Also consider given the unit type change there is nothing in the GW line that could even be used to meet this need. You can functionally use the old/converted models for every other unit we know about.

One of the model will be a generic multi-part to do the various options in the book scans we saw. The other model will be a champion which could easily be made into the character scan we saw. 3 options.

then:
Assuming 2 different GT models that would mean 3 GT models for sale counting the SoM reissue? That just makes no business sense at all.

Assuming 2 separate characters you could see 2 foot characters for use with the 2 GT models?  Or 1 foot character and 1 BC character? There has been no news of Astragoth or Hobgoblin characters.

I don't mean to belabor the point. But clearly 2 BC models would be far more useful assuming the GT model we have already seen is part of the "character" model.

Clearly there will be 2 different GT stat lines, but I doubt there will be a 3rd model for the FW GT, assuming its stat line is different then the SoM GT. The FW GT model we have seen is "Cinderbreath" the character mount we saw in the pictures.

Thommy H:

You’re gonna feel awfully silly when two Great Taurus models are released, you know.

KingFisher:

You're gonna feel awfully silly when two Great Taurus models are released, you know.

Thommy H
I'm fine with that. I just don't see how they would release 2 (really a 3rd) of the same mount and ignore the BC.

Thommy H:

Because there’s loads of basic stuff they aren’t releasing - like Warriors, as the OP mentions - but Forgeworld is all about big monsters and war machines. It was probably always their intention to do two Tauruses, and I expect the sculpts were done before they even decided to do a whole army.

KingFisher:

Because there's loads of basic stuff they aren't releasing - like Warriors, as the OP mentions - but Forgeworld is all about big monsters and war machines. It was probably always their intention to do two Tauruses, and I expect the sculpts were done before they even decided to do a whole army.

Thommy H
That is fine BC are by definition monsters. You still haven't address the semantic or utility arguments.

I agree the train and character lord on GT was probably one of the earliest sculpts.

If you could show me any other example of multiple sculpts for the exact same single model unit (not even a whole model just a mount). I can't find any precedent for this in the model line. Either from FW or GW.

8-Bit Ace:

Wow I am going to have to wait till next year now for basic core troops?  Now I have to decide whether to put the army I am working on on hold for 6+ months or use another companies models, which I didn’t really want to do.

Blue in VT:

Wow I am going to have to wait till next year now for basic core troops?  Now I have to decide whether to put the army I am working on on hold for 6+ months or use another companies models, which I didn't really want to do.

8-Bit Ace
Or you could get caught up in an argument over semantics about a 2nd hand roumor that may or may nOt be true...;P

Cheers,

Blue

cornixt:

The rumours on there being two Tauruses goes back a while, and we have seen one of them (which looked like a mount rather than an alone monster). I agree that two BCs would make more sense but there you go. They are probably saving them for GW-proper to do, like CD warriors and HGs.

There are several character models in chariots in armies that have completely different chariot sculpts, and certainly with characters on horses and such, so it isn’t that unusual. There aren’t all that many monsters that can be both taken by themself and taken as a mount, so that’s probably why there aren’t any.

Veshnakar:

Or you could get caught up in an argument over semantics about a 2nd hand roumor that may or may nOt be true...
It's not really a rumor. It's a direct response to a question I had about a large order that I placed with forgeworld. There's not second hands or rumors involved.

KingFisher:

Or you could get caught up in an argument over semantics about a 2nd hand roumor that may or may nOt be true...
It's not really a rumor. It's a direct response to a question I had about a large order that I placed with forgeworld. There's not second hands or rumors involved.

Veshnakar
Maybe you could have them clarify if its BC or GT then :)

Either way I will be happy.

Veshnakar:

Blech, out of office auto reply

Hi there. I will be out of the office until Monday the 18th of July. If you have any urgent questions please contact the Forgeworld customer service team on(11 if calling from the US or Canada) +44 0115 9168177 or e-mail Ead Brown at ead.brown@games-workshop.co.uk or Simon Kirkham at simon.kirkham@games-workshop.co.uk.

Thanks
I would say most likely it’s the great taurus. We have only seen one concept of a bull centaur, and its a drawing, whereas we have seen the actual miniature of the great taurus at games day. Just my two cents.

EDIT: Tris got back to me yesterday and let me know that they are in fact 2 different great Taurus monsters, and not bull centaur.

KingFisher:

Tris got back to me yesterday and let me know that they are in fact 2 different great Taurus monsters, and not bull centaur.

Veshnakar
Awesome glad to be wrong. I look forward to seeing them.