[Archive] 2000 point army loa

moogoodoo:

hello dont have my list with me but just joined and cant w8 to put up a post :slight_smile:

level 4 on foot

infernal cas bsb

daemon smith level 2

28 ig blunderbuss

30 hobgoblins fc

3 bc gr8 weapon fc

magma cannon

death shr rocket

hellcannon

i haven’t got the points cost or magic weapons in front of me but ill put it up later. id just like to know if you guys think its a viable list at 2000 points and what problems it might come in to thanks guys

sorry about my spelling and grammar i’m just very dyslexic thanks

moogoodoo:

hello dont have my list with me but just joined and cant w8 to put up a post :slight_smile:

level 4 on foot

infernal cas bsb

daemon smith level 2

28 ig blunderbuss

30 hobgoblins fc

3 bc gr8 weapon fc

magma cannon

death shr rocket

hellcannon

i haven’t got the points cost or magic weapons in front of me but ill put it up later. id just like to know if you guys think its a viable list at 2000 points and what problems it might come in to thanks guys

sorry about my spelling and grammar i’m just very dyslexic thanks

Jaakko:

Seems like a solid list, but it’s not a list I’d run. +1 for no Destroyer!

I’d drop the Daemonsmith’s level to 1 knowing he will most likely only sit back and babysit the warmachines. Pistols for your Prohpet and BSB for Stand & Shoot shenanegans. Personally I find the blunderbusses way too overpriced, but I guess it’s up to personal preference. At least a musician for the b-busses wouldn’t hurt I guess.

Time of Madness:

Hard to make comments without magic items.

The blunderbusses should have full command and I’m assuming you are putting the level 4 and castellan in the unit to make them 30 strong.

As Jaakko stated the blunders are overpriced, but it depends on what models you own and like to use. I sometimes field a unit of 30 blunders with full command and magic banner as my only core unit when I use my Big Hat era chaos dwarfs.

You don’t need full commands on the hobgoblins or the centaurs. I usually run my centaurs with just a standard (sometimes also a champ for the extra attack).

It would be nice to see the complete list.

Time of Madness

MLP:

I think the best way to run blunderbusses is a unit of 30. Expensive but generally worth it from what I’ve seen.

I think the list you have is pretty varied and characterful for Chaos Dwarfs. I agree with the above comments on taking command in the Blunderbusses and only using a level 1. Perhaps give him a dispel scroll instead of the extra level.

moogoodoo:

thanks for all the feed back so far after getting home and changing a few things here is the list

sorcerer prophet level 4 pistol enchanted shield talisan of protection

daemonsmith level 1 dispel s

infernal castalian pistol mask of the furnace bsb

28 infernal guard blunderbuss fc war banner

20 hobbgobalins bows fc

magma cannon

deathshrieker

3 bull centaurs g8 weppons standard

hellcannon

total 1998

i have this listas thease are the models i have . i wud love some advice firstly on this list then on how to expand it and what to bye next thanks for all the feed back so far its helped alot

moogoodoo:

help?

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Glimpse the Void:

This list seems well balanced. I’d say it seems to me that you could skim some points and give your characcters some more kit. I think that if you wanted to pick the lore of fire or metal on your smith you could throw out some big fire balls or augments/hexes that would make level 2 worth it. I just cant see that unit of hobos doing well, and you could strip the points from the command and just give them a muscian for mobility.

That being said, I’ve never played this list and have no idea what I’m talking about.

moogoodoo:

all the hobbgobalins are for is somextra shooting and may be pull of a flank charge. my blunderbuss are going to sit back and w8 till the time is right, with hobbgobalins on one flank and hellcannon puttin off anything on the other my bulls are a road block and posible light cav and war matine hunters with my war matines trying to take out as much as pos b4 close combat starts. any good?

moogoodoo:

Iv just gone and got 24 old school axe men with full command and a hero,im going to use them as iron sworn and now have 5 old school bulls so now my unit is going to be 5 strong with a converted hero.

propervillanz:

I’ve not played many battles as the Chaos Dwarfs so i cannot say much.

Your artillery section looks solid; aim the hellcannon and magma cannon at the same unit and send the demolition rockets to take out any artillery or monsters there might be.

I like blunderbusses, they are supper expensive and have a short range but more than make up for it by all the boosts they get. Most likely, the only penalty you will take is moving and/or cover, but with the re-rolls to wound they are pretty incredible.

Have yet to use bull centaurs so i can’t give you any advice there, but they seem to be played aggressively from all that i have read. I like hobgoblins, though i have only used them once.

From reading your list I would say keep your units back and have that bc unit support your blunderbusses or vice versa, thus follow the dwarf castle/chaos dwarf ziggaraut strategy.

moogoodoo:

Thanks for that iv playd a few games now with it iv lost twice to a dwarf death star and won against daemons and against o&g so far im quite happy the dwarf star is just a tournament army that not many people have beat. im trying really hard to get up to 3000 points think this army will shine then im thinking of making my bulls a unit of 5+HERO and getting a unit of 23 iron swan +hero and a hell bound ds and a hell bound mc do you think that wud be a good way to go in expanding my army ?