[Archive] 2000 pt tourny

ztlambe:

Hey guys,

I’ve got a bit of an event I’m planning for in a few months. My first ever 2-3 day fantasy tourney!

I’ve been working on my chaos dwarfs inspired by you lovely gentlemen and have been trying to iron out a bit of a list so I can get all my painting done, and get some practice in before January (when the tourney happens).

I would love some constructive criticism and general thoughts. I’m aware I’m a little light on magic but I’ve been finding it so hard to make lists with my Sorc Prof, as he just takes up 25% of my list, and really doesn’t seem to earn it back if I don’t get ashstorm off consistently.

Heroes

Daemonsmith Sorcerer: (General) Level 1 Fire, Dispel Scroll, Charmed Shield

Infernal Castellan: BSB, Great Weapon, Talisman of Preservation, Ironcurse Icon

Bull Centaur Taur’uk: Great Weapon, The Other Trickster’s Shard

Core

29 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard: Full Command, Great Weapons, Banner of Eternal Flame

20 Hobgoblin Cutthroats: Musician, Standard, Bows

Special

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher

Magma Cannon

5 Bull Centaur Renders: Musician, Standard, Shields

Rare

K’daai Destroyer

Now I’m not super sold on the hobgobos, and the Taur’uk seems… “decent” but not steller. I just really don’t want to turn this list into some gun line. I wanted the Gobos/Renders as other opportunities to bring banners incase of the Break test mission, and the 20 gobs are able to start in the watchtower if I happen to pull that mission.

ztlambe:

After doing some reflecting, there are 2 big weaknesses in that list… really for one the lack of magic I feel is going to hurt me a lot, and that I have no redirectors. I made two more lists, and even if you guys could help me pick what YOU feel is the best of the 3 and a short description why, it would help me a lot in my army list testing. Thanks!

2000 Low Warmachine

Lords

Sorcerer Prophet Level 4 Hashut, Talisman of Preservation, Dispel Scroll

Heroes

Infernal Castellan BSB, Great Weapon, Mask of the Furnace

Hobgoblin Kahn Light Armor, Shield, Spear, Giant Wolf

Core

28 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard Full Command, Razor Standard

20 Hobgoblin Cutthroats Musician, Standard, Bows

Special

Magma Cannon

4 Bull Centaur Renders Musician, Standard, Great Weapons

Rare

K’daai Destroyer

2000 High Magic

Lords

Sorcerer Prophet Level 4 Hashut, Talisman of Preservation, Enchanted Shield, Dispel Scroll

Heroes

Infernal Castellan BSB, Great Weapon, Mask of the Furnace

Hobgoblin Kahn Light Armor, Shield, Spear, Giant Wolf, Dragonhelm

Daemonsmith Sorcerer Level 1 Fire, Charmed Shield

Core

28 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard Full Command, Razor Standard

20 Hobgoblin Cutthroats Musician, Standard, Bows

Special

Magma Cannon

Rare

K’daai Destroyer

Fuggit Khan:

Yes, your first list was too weak in magic.

Both of your new lists are an improvement…I would say that perhaps the 3rd list is the best of the three. If it was me, I’d lose the Razor Standard…you don’t want these IG guys in combat, keep them as an anvil unit. Give them Lichebone Pennant for defense…and I’d also give my BSB Castellian the Ironcurse Icon and lose the Mask of Furnace. Depending on your opponents, consider making your war machines ‘hellbound’…and give your Khan the Mask Of Eee!

…and lastly consider taking only one Death Rocket and two Magma Cannons.

All of this is just my opinion…everybody has their own play style, so my recommendations may not work for you, I tend to play defense heavy/balanced approach that’s geared to work against a wide spectrum of opponent types. The best recommendation is to simply have fun :hat off