[Archive] 2000pt List - French GD list

Time of Madness:

DISCLAIMER - This list is put together using the French GD list and the current experimental rules on the Forgeworld website. Please take it with a grain of salt.

The hardest part about using the new chaos dwarf list is trying to squeeze everything into the list you want.

Here’s my list.

CHARACTERS

Chaos Dwarf Prohpet (general)

- Level 4

- Healing Potion

- Talisman of Preservation

= 380pts

Castellan ( BSB )

- Great Weapon

- Dawnstone

- Armour of Bazherak

= 210pts

CORE

29 Chaos Dwarf Warriors (6X5 Formation)

BSB Here

- Full Command

- Great Weapons

- Banner of Eternal Flame

= 330pts

29 Chaos Dwarf Warriors (6X5 Formation)

Prohpet Here

- Full Command

- Great Weapons

= 320pts

SPECIAL

12 Infernal Guard (6X2 Formation)

- Fireglaives

= 180pts

12 Infernal Guard (6X2 Formation)

- Fireglaives

= 180pts

Deathshrieker

= 100pts

Deathshrieker

= 100pts

RARE

Dreadquake Mortar

= 195pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1995pts

I have 2 fairly sturdy combat units that come in with S5 and are supported by the characters. The fireglaives I plan on using as a detachment to the warrior units. I’ll keep them back a bit firing until my warriors get into combat. Then I’ll use the infernals to attempt to get into the flanks.

The warmachines give me a fair amount of firepower, however they cost nearly 400pts for 3 :frowning:

Opinions?

Time of Madness

zhatan87:

Opinions?
What do you want?
An hard list? Soft list?

I tried many things (pretty every thing) of the list, and you are lacking the best.

For a 2000 pts list, it seems rather good. The death shriecker is nice. Many things are stubborn. You only fear killing blow and Initiative test.
For the points, and after test, I prefer an old hellcannon rather than the dreadquake... But if you have the mini, play it!

Time of Madness:

Thanks for the comments.

I like the death shriekers as well. For 100pts they are pretty flexible as you can go after infantry or try and hit some of the big monsters.

Any of the big monsters with the large bases should fear the Shriekers. The arachnarok spider has a massive base which will be hard to miss. Then it will be wounded on 2+ (S8 vs T6) and will do D6 wounds.

Most lists should feature 2 Shriekers!

Time of Madness

zhatan87:

Have you ever played the magma cannon?
Deathshriecker is very nice, but magma cannon is even better than it. Very often the same use (with some little difference : deathshriecker can deal with monster, and magma cannon against monstrous infantery or beast).

You do not answer to this question : what do you want exactly? Which model?

To the list :
Sorcerer prophet should have an enchanted shield or ensorceled shield.
BSB : not very fan of a better armour, as the castellan comes with blackshard armour. I prefer to give him a piece of armour, such as dragon helm.

Which lore for the prophet? Cause many things turn around of its lore.

I realize that there is no tactica/tactic/strategy post for the FW list, even if the book will be available soon and some things may change… Although it is one of the draft played the longest duration since many years…