[Archive] 2011 releases rumours

Grimstonefire:

Orcs and Goblins - March (confirmed)

Grey Knights - April (confirmed)

Tomb Kings - May (confirmed)

Dark Eldar wave - June?

40k Fliers - July

Warhammer supplement/ expansion (August - Dec)

Tau Wave - Oct/Nov/dec

Vaguely rumoured things

WOTR starter set - ?

Ogre Kingdoms - August?

Necrons - October or 2012

Sisters of Battle - 2012

Fliers (models to be released):

Dark Eldar Raven and/or Eldar Night Wing (or possibly neither)

IG Hydra

Nid Harpy

+ loads of rules without models.

Tau Wave:

Plastic pathfinders, vespid stingwings and a revised Crisis Suit / Battle Suit

Warhammer supplement/ expansion possibly involving magic and monsters.

inkpwn:

Oooooooohhhhhh, I hope th grey knights arnt just a rumor,

Is anybody else as worried as I am that they are going to be ruined? Damn you grandma wendy!

Grimstonefire:

They are confirmed for April (on the back of march WD).

There are dozens (maybe hundreds) of pages of rumour discussion on GK on dakka and warseer.  Infact a slimline pdf version of the codex is already doing the rounds (not that the staff allow such things to be posted here of course).

It supposedly even has someone’s handwriting all over it, so I presume it will be very easy to track down who leaked it.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I wonder what “Rules with no models” entails?

Grimstonefire:

A copy and paste from warseer.

IG Thunderbolt

CSM Hell Blade

Tau Remora

Ork fighta/bomma

With FW models instead. Some of these may already have models and/or rules. I don’t follow 40k stuff.

inkpwn:

How did I not notice that page facepalm now I’m excited.

Hashut’s Blessing:

According to Beasts of War, Necrons are due within about 6 months, landing around July/August.

Grimstonefire:

The Necrons date seems to be really confusing. I’ve read August, but I’ve seen lots of mentions of October, some of Nov, and a lot of people saying it’s first book next year.

nitroglysarine:

Any rumour of Empire?

I’m guessing the new conversion sprues are to keep us patient?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, the fact that a book is coming out once a month for three months and there is mention of Necrons being redone, so I’d imagine it’s this year and not TOO long after May, IMO.

Nicodemus:

Speaking of rumours - I heard Chaos Dwarfs were rumoured to be coming out from some company or other that’s related to Games Workshop too.  :P   :hat off

~N

Neil:

I’m very interested to see what this rumored summer WHF expansion entails. I would really like to see GW produce some kind of campaign book (Storm of Chaos style) that would introduce us to a new part of the Warhammer World (far east?) that could pave the way for all kinds of exciting future releases. I still haven’t forgotten those ‘new army’ rumors from about a year ago, and it would be really cool if the two were connected.

No doubt I just be disappointed though.

nitroglysarine:

It would be nice to see some Nipponese models, as there were hints from the past still around.

And that’d work for ‘from the east’

Loki:

Will be happy if orges get a new book this year, got to love them big boys and the gut magic :smiley:

Baggronor:

It would be nice to see some Nipponese models, as there were hints from the past still around.
And that'd work for 'from the east'
Hope so. Wouldn't be surprised if Cathay and Nippon get a few releases. Fingers crossed :cheers

Was personally hoping for some plastic Black Guard/Executioners this year but I suppose they're a while away yet...

Bassman:

Will be happy if orges get a new book this year, got to love them big boys and the gut magic :D

Loki
This phrase is scaring! Orgies? Big Boys? Looooooki!!!! :o

:D

inkpwn:

I nearly wet myself, best spelling mistake ever.

Does anyone know if Grandma wendy is going to be printing all her codexs in hardback like the latest orcs & goblins one?

nitroglysarine:

It would be a bit odd if they didn’t tbh, so i’d guess yes.

Fallen246:

Was personally hoping for some plastic Black Guard/Executioners this year but I suppose they're a while away yet...

Baggronor
Exceptional idea.

But back on topic, it's really good to see GW giving so much support in such a good way for it's neglected armies! Dark Eldar are hot property, Tomb Kings being redone too!

Shame so many releases are only ten man boxes at increased prices...

furrie:

I'm very interested to see what this rumored summer WHF expansion entails. I would really like to see GW produce some kind of campaign book (Storm of Chaos style) that would introduce us to a new part of the Warhammer World (far east?) that could pave the way for all kinds of exciting future releases. I still haven't forgotten those 'new army' rumors from about a year ago, and it would be really cool if the two were connected.

No doubt I just be disappointed though.

Neil
How about a pirate army, they already got some models for it. Released previous year.