[Archive] 2200 LoA - Giant Fanatic (Danish Tournament)

Olfert:

Hi!

I’m going to this tournament and I would appreciate your help and comments on my army list below.

In this tournament you get no plus to casting or dispelling by your casters level, so I can’t see the reason for taking a sorcerer prophet so I’m taking two lvl 2 demonsmiths instead, am I wrong in doing this?

Also max unit size for units are:

10p or more per model = max. 20 in unit.

less than 10p per model = max. 40 in unit.

So I can only take 20 infernal guards in a unit but I can take 40 hobgoblins in a unit. 2x20 infernal guards ok?  

HEROES

Daemonsmith Sorcerer 175 (Lore of Death)

Charmed Shield

Dispel Scroll

Opal Amulet

Daemonsmith Sorcerer 180 (Lore of Death)

Chalice of Blood and Darkness

Infernal Castellan 180

Battle Standard

Sword of Striking

Enchanted Shield

Dawnstone

Ironcurse Icon

CORE

20 Infernal Guard 287

Full cmd, Lichebone Pennant

20 Infernal Guard 272

Full cmd

SPECIAL

Magma Cannon

Deathshrieker Death Rocket

6 Bull Centaurs Renders 330

GW, Mus, St. Bearer, Standard of Discipline

or

Iron Deamon, hellbound 310

RARE

Hellcannon

K’daai Destroyer

Again, I would love any feedback for this army.

Thank you!

CopperPot:

What magic lores are your Daemonsmiths using dude.

Olfert:

What magic lores are your Daemonsmiths using dude.

CopperPot
Sorry, added lores.

nilbog:

Looks fine to me. You are a bit limited by the restrictions, but I think it will probably hurt other armies more than LoA.

Nurion:

Are your daemonsmiths going inside your units or are they going to hang around your warmachines? And are there any restrictions on Iron Daemon?

I haven’t played with BC before, but i realy love the Iron Daemon in tournaments (allmost unkillable). So he could be used to permanently hold up allmost any unit and set them out of the fight while your destroyer and warmachines peel of other units. I would allso consider crown of command on one of your daemonsmiths, maybe the one with scroll, so you’ll have two stubborn IG units. So maybe Crown of Command and Ench. shield on your general smith. Chalice on the other (should be able to handle your opponents magic w/o scroll when you have chalice). BSB get mask of the furnace + luckstone/ironcurse (the one you like) and regular shield. Replace BC with Iron Daemon w. hellbound. Think that should be about the same in points.

But i guess it’s all about how you like to play =) Your list sure looks tough and hellcannon + D&D combo is awsome!

Olfert:

Crown of Command is banned, but good suggestion.

Im really unsure about the iron deamon vs Bulls, I have the iron deamon model but there will be a lot of ogre and empire army there so that means a lot of monstreous inf./cavalry.

The idea was that my daemonsmiths should hang around my warmachines.

Nurion:

Aaaah, I see. Well, that’s too bad then.

For turnaments i like to bring Iron Daemon, simply because it’s hard as hell to get rid off. I don’t like the skullcracker upgrade since it looses it’s steam cannon and won’t be as flexible. It’s allso important not to loose points, not just getting points :wink: I’m thinking Iron Daemon between your two blocks og IG just standing 1" behind the front line with just enough space so it can pivot and be ready for any army that wants to charge your dwarf unit. You still get it’s shooting before they arrive, and the impact hits against cav/monst. inf which can be enough to make them break. If they don’t break by doing that, and you should loose, then they can’t overrun you since they are locked in combat (and probably will be for awhile).

I’d put the smith with chalice in a unit flanked by hellcannon so it will have rerolls. The other with charmed shield can babysit deathshrieker and magma cannon =)

MLP:

I would swap the first daemonsmith for a second castellan for the two stubborn blocks. I doubt the daemonsmith would make much of a difference in magic and rerolls are nice but not needed.

Other than that I like the list considering the restrictions you have.

Nurion:

I would swap the first daemonsmith for a second castellan for the two stubborn blocks. I doubt the daemonsmith would make much of a difference in magic and rerolls are nice but not needed.

MLP
I agree that 2x Subborn is nice, but i think getting Doom and Darkness is more important for this list. Panic tests at -4 ld from hellcannon which rarely misses trumphs 2x stubborn units imo.

MLP:

MLP
I agree that 2x Subborn is nice, but i think getting Doom and Darkness is more important for this list. Panic tests at -4 ld from hellcannon which rarely misses trumphs 2x stubborn units imo.

Nurion
That is true, but then again you wont always get the spell or be able to cast whereas two stubborn block of IG are very reliable.

Olfert:

It’s really hard but I might go with a Iron deamon instead of the bull centaurs. Anyone else know what I should go for? bulls or an Iron deamon?

CopperPot:

MLP

Nurion
That is true, but then again you wont always get the spell or be able to cast whereas two stubborn block of IG are very reliable.

MLP
I agree with MLP with this.