[Archive] 2250 Chaos Dwarf Army (need help with general choice)

ross_lionheart:

Hi,

This is my 2250 chaos dwarf army based on the old RH list. I intend on sticking with for particualr list for 10 or so games, as you can see I have quite large blocks of close combat troops, 2 flankers and long ranged weapons.

However i cant make my mind up on my actual general, i have 139 points left over and im not 100% sure what to equip him with…all comments welcome!

Characters:

Chaos Dwarf Hero (General) @

Chaos Dwarf Hero (BSB) @ 124 Points

- Armour of Gazrakh, Great Weapon & Ironcurse Icon

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer (Level 1) @ 90 Points

- 1 Dispel Scroll

- Lore of Shadow

Hobgoblin Hero on Wolf @ 71 Points

Heavy Armour, Enchanted Shield & Shrieking Blade

Core:

29 Chaos Dwarf Warriors (6x5 formation) @ 349 Points

- Great Weapons, Shield & Heavy Armour

- FCMD

28 Chaos Dwarf Warriors (6x5 formation) @ 338 Points

- Great Weapons, Shield & Heavy Armour

- FCMD

50 Hobgoblins (Horde) @ 100 pts

- Hand weapons

10 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders @ 145 Points

- Light Armour, Shields & Hand Weapons

Special:

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers @ 60pts Points

-4 Hobgoblin Crew

1 Chaos Dwarf Death Rocket @ 80 Points

2 Chaos Dwarf Crew

30 Big’Uns @ 305 Points

2 Hand Weapons, Light Armour & FCMD

Rare:

2 Earthshaker @ 220 Pts

- 6 Crew with Heavy Armour

9 Bull Centaurs: @ 219 Points

Great Weapons, Shield, Heavy armour

- FCMD

- War Banner. (Banner of Eternal Flame) @ 10 Points

Da Crusha:

whoa! its been a while since anyone has asked for advice with Ravening Hordes. Id be glad to help. lets see,… you can use

dragon helm10, talisman of endurance 30, heavy armour 4 and a shield 2 … 106 pts
3+AS, 5+ward, 2+ward against fire

armour of the furnace 45, shield…107
3+AS, 5+ ward, 2+ ward against flaming (CDOFAQ)

armour of silvered steel 45, great weapon 4… 109
2+AS, Great weapon

dragon helm, heavy armour, dawnstone  shield 106
3+ AS w/Reroll, 6+ ward parry save, 2+ ward against flaming

Talisman of preservation 45, dragonbane gem 5 heavy armour shield …116
4+ AS, 4+ ward, 2+ ward against flaming

I used to rock the silvered steel with great weapon quite often

ross_lionheart:

What do you think of the actual army list??

Da Crusha:

I like it. the only thing I would change is the 2 hobgoblin bolt throwers. I would switch those for another death rocket, and its possible with the extra points left over. of course 4 stone throwers are kinda cheesy but they can be devastating and you can always pull the “but its ravening hordes” card :D.

for the hobgoblins, I would run them in ranks of 5 to try and hold steadfast for as long as possible.

the bull centaurs I would hold back to protect the war machines and get rid of the war machine hunters. if there aren’t any, I would send them back to regular flanking duty.

you may also want to consider Lore of metal. the buffs and debuffs there can be quite good as well.

ross_lionheart:

I like it. the only thing I would change is the 2 hobgoblin bolt throwers. I would switch those for another death rocket, and its possible with the extra points left over. of course 4 stone throwers are kinda cheesy but they can be devastating and you can always pull the "but its ravening hordes" card :D.

for the hobgoblins, I would run them in ranks of 5 to try and hold steadfast for as long as possible.

the bull centaurs I would hold back to protect the war machines and get rid of the war machine hunters. if there aren't any, I would send them back to regular flanking duty.

you may also want to consider Lore of metal. the buffs and debuffs there can be quite good as well.

Da Crusha
I intend on keeping the hobs close to the bsb, i will prob line them up with one of the opponents elite units..now thats annoying :) stuck fighting 2 point models for turn after turn and then boom a unit of BC charges you in the flank..

I was actually thinking about using the hob wolfriders to protect the war machines, they dont pack much of a punch but with the hob hero in there they should beable to take down most threats...or at least hold them up!

Da Crusha:

that sounds like a plan. good luck.