[Archive] 2250 Chaos Dwarf Tournament Force:

ross_lionheart:

2250 Chaos Dwarf Tournament Force:

This a 2250 CD Tourament Force that is well balanced. The list consists of powerful long ranged weapons, powerful flankers that are supported with elite characters and a solid core consisting of cd warriors, Black Orcs and Blunderbusses.

This list is not magic heavy however by the 3rd turn most units should be engadged in close combat and magic shouldent be a factor. In the mean time the sorcerer can most magic and attempt to cast a few spells of his own…

Characters:

Chaos Dwarf Bull centaur Lord @ 245 Points

-Armour of the Gazrakh

-Black Hammer of Hashut

-Leads the unit of 9 bull centaurs

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer @ 150 Points

Level 2X Dispel Scroll

-Leads the unit of 24 CD warriors

Hobgoblin Hero on Wolf @ 96 Points

- Sword Of Might

- Heavy Armour

- Enchanted Shield

- Lead the unit of 11 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders

Core Units:

24 Chaos Dwarf warriors @ 246 Points

- Hand Weapons, Heavy Armor and shields

- Champion, Standard and musician

- War Banner @ 25pts (Plus one combat resolution)

25 Chaos Dwarf warriors @ 245oints

- Hand Weapons, Heavy Armor and shields

- Champion & Standard

18 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses @ 216 Points

- Blunderbusses

- Heavy Armor

11 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders @ 173 Points

- Light Armor

- Shields

- champion, standard and musician

Special Units:

1 Death Rocket @ 80 Points

- 2 Chaos Dwarf Crew armed with hand weapons & Heavy Armour

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers @ 60 Points

- 4 hobgoblin crewmembers armed with hand weapons.

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers @ 60 Points

- 4 hobgoblin crewmembers armed with hand weapons.

20 Black Orcs @298 Points

- Heavy Armor and 2 Hand Weapons

- Champion, Standard and musician

Rare Units:

1 Earthshaker Cannon @110 Points

- 3 Chaos Dwarf Crew member armed with hand weapons and

heavy armor.

9 Bull Centaurs @ 219 Points

- Hand Weapons, Heavy Armour & Shields

- Champion & Standard

Total Points: 2223 Points

metro_gnome:

its a nice list…

i’d drop the level on the sorceror and the BC champ for a unit of 25 vanilla hobgoblins…

hal:

I think it’s a good list but as metro has mentioned above, you should really drop a level on your sorceror (1 level 2 is pointless in a 2000+ game).

Also you have 27 points lying around, that could make for some ‘bumper’ hobgoblins.

ross_lionheart:

I think it's a good list but as metro has mentioned above, you should really drop a level on your sorceror (1 level 2 is pointless in a 2000+ game).

Also you have 27 points lying around, that could make for some 'bumper' hobgoblins.

hal
Yea I'd add some extra hobgoblins into the army if I could guys but its difficult to get my hands on them...:(

I seen 15 hobgoblins going on ebay the other day for over �50 pounds and thats just way to expensive for me at the moment.

hal:

Yea I'd add some extra hobgoblins into the army if I could guys but its difficult to get my hands on them...Sad

I seen 15 hobgoblins going on ebay the other day for over �50 pounds and thats just way to expensive for me at the moment.
You don't have to use actual hobs, you can substitute them for anything, that's the beauty of having slaves. I myself am working on a mixture of old gobbo models with some canopic dolls.

ross_lionheart:

Yea I'd add some extra hobgoblins into the army if I could guys but its difficult to get my hands on them...Sad

You don't have to use actual hobs, you can substitute them for anything, that's the beauty of having slaves. I myself am working on a mixture of old gobbo models with some canopic dolls.

hal
:D I wish I could use loads of hobgoblins in my army but they are just so expensive, even to convert them costs big bucks...

I've based my army around solid troops and long ranged weapons so that should be enough...*crosses fingers*

Monty:

its a nice list...
i'd drop the level on the sorceror and the BC champ for a unit of 25 vanilla hobgoblins...

metro_gnome
Correct advice :hat off