[Archive] 2250 for team championships

Nehan:

2250 roster for Polish Team Championships (the biggest tournament of the year, over 200 players!), 100% cheese

1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer Lord @ 325 Pts

Magic Level 4

Dispel Scroll [25]

Dispel Scroll [25]

Dispel Scroll [25]

Power Stone [25]

1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer @ 150 Pts

Magic Level 2

Dispel Scroll [25]

Dispel Scroll [25]

1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer @ 125 Pts

Magic Level 2

Dispel Scroll [25]

1 Bull Centaur Hero @ 175 Pts

Battle Standard

Sword of Might [20]

Armour of Gazrakh [30]

15 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss @ 190 Pts

Blunderbuss; Heavy Armour; Musician

10 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss @ 120 Pts

Blunderbuss; Heavy Armour

20 Chaos Dwarf Warriors @ 269 Pts

Heavy Armour; Shield; FCG

Banner of Slavery

wizuriel:

hmmm definitly put the black gen on the sorcerer lord. Though I personally find CD magic really lacking espically against the newer armies (high elf onwards) and prefer the bull centaur lord. If you want to go magic heavy though definitly need the 10 power dice and the dispell scrolls help alot against daemons and VC

Where you planning to put your characters? I’m assuming the bull centaur hero with the wolf riders? I wouldn’t put casters with hobgoblins cause anomosity could really screw you. So on that note I would really advise changing your CD units to something like

17 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss @ 204 Pts (lvl 2 sorcrer here)

Blunderbuss; Heavy Armour;

17 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss @ 204 Pts (lvl 2 sorcrer here)

Blunderbuss; Heavy Armour;

19 Chaos Dwarf Warriors @ 260 Pts (lord here)

Heavy Armour; Shield; FCG

Banner of Slavery

Nehan:

I don’t like big bb units, as they failed me innumerous times (how many times were they beaten by a single cavalry unit like silver helms or KO?!). That, and they cost a lot. That, that, and I have no points for them. That, that, that, and I have only about 50 chaos dwarf models.

As for the characters: bullcentaur is flexible, he could stand with the warriors and give them and everyone around him rerolls, or, he could ride with the hobgoblins (against a defensive army), or, he could even be in an earthshaker crew (no more damn flyers eating my cannons!), but only against a non-shooter army. Versus beasts, he can be on his own protecting my artillery from ambush (he’s so nice against herds!). I simply love this character. The best choice in CDs.

I’ve never played on a bullcentaur lord. On last year’s team champs, I used a great cow, and was not overly satisfied with it. Mostly because I played with Empire two times, another Chaos Dwarfs, all-magic HE and Tomb Kings (mind you, against them, lord was the only model of mine left! I hate them mummies!).Must try the BC lord once, but not now. Still, I think he’s superior only to chaos dwarf lord on foot. Cow gives me tactical advantage to cut marches, attack flanks and such; mage is a mage, perfectly fit for a defensive stance. BC lord is a hardhitter of course, but I can’t see him doing overly well in an army like that.

So, I’ll drop the PS and a musician, and the gem comes in.

wizuriel:

I don’t see the point than even wasting points on a 10 unit BB unit. By the time they reach any enemys they will be S3 shoots.

Nehan:

well, if anybody wants to shoot at them, fine by me. If they don’t, this unit is good for protecting a flank (with a hobgob unit) from fast cav/flyers.

And of course, I must have 3 core units.

Father Grumpmas:

This list looks good - I played something similar recently but with blunderbusses only - the unit of warriors and heaps of hobgoblins looks like a better option.

The Black Gem is fantastic and I recommend it for your CD sorcerer lord - this was the first time I ever used it and it netted a Khorne Herald on Juggernaut in one game.

Nehan:

Here’s my tournament report.

My list got a few changes, black gem, warbanner for banner of slavery, and rocket for two BTs.

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/8760