[Archive] 2250 Nurgle Demons: Wanting to know how you'd react to facing this

Swissdictator:

Assume it’s a tournament with some sort of comp system. Would this list be OTT, or would it be fluffy/cool, or fluffy/cool and still a tough army.

I’m not wanting to be a jerk with this army, though I want to be tough. I want it to be fun, for me and my opponent.

I have two lists.

List Alpha:

Great Unclean One

Level 4, General.

Nurgling Infestation

Noxious Vapours

Herald of Nurgle

BSB, Lvl 1, Palanquin

Noxious Vapours

Nurgle’s Rot

21 Plaguebearers

FC, Standard of Seeping Decay

Herald of Nurgle

Lvl 1, Palanquin

Noxious Vapours

Nurgle’s Rot

21 Plaguebearers

14 Plaguebearers

Musician, Champion

3 Nurglings

4 Nurglings

List Bravo:

Great Unclean One

Level 4, General.

Nurgling Infestation

Noxious Vapours

Herald of Nurgle

BSB, Lvl 1, Palanquin

Noxious Vapours

Nurgle’s Rot

20 Plaguebearers

Herald of Nurgle

Lvl 1, Palanquin

Noxious Vapours

Nurgle’s Rot

20 Plaguebearers

10 Plaguebearers

4 Nurglings

2 Beasts of Nurgle.

----------------------------------------

The ‘extra’ unit of plaguebearers would be more for holding up the rear, or table corners, etc. It’s filling that core slot, even though I’m not trying to min/max.

As for Nurgling Infestation: I find this demon power hilarious, fluffy, and effective so I insist that I must take this power for my Nurgle… I just feel it isn’t Nurgle enough for me without it. It’s my favorite upgrade.

Would you be willing to face either/both of these demon lists and not feel the need to take two asperine or punch me in the gut?

I’m basing this army also on, I want an army that will look cool too.

Sclep:

I don’t actually play, but my theory hammer skills are almost as great as my ego :wink:

With a CD army, I know I’d be aiming to slow your army down to a movement rate of 2"/turn, with Earthshakers, wolf riders and Taurus lord, who’s breath weapon might be handy. You would have 6 levels of magic, though… Would that actually work, ingame? No idea.

BoC might find the fear difficult to deal with, and ambushing isn’t so much of an advantage, plus that they have no flaming attacks and worse static combat res…Dunno.

Doesn’t seem like a mean list, but it’s not easy either.

Sclep.

fluffstalker:

If its a tournament then its fine. By UKGT or USGT standards, its positively tame. The sh#t that they have descended to there cannot be properly called warhammer, especially not with lists that look like they were playtested by retarded monkeys, or perhaps, as is more likely, playtested and totally disregarded by GW.

Deep breath…Wusha.

It looks fluffy yet solid, though Id watch the flanks as even with fear its tough with plaguebearers as your major blocks to avoid flanking.

I like list alpha as you have the nurgling swarms, which are cute and cool, and also an excellent way of anchoring one flank.

Ubertechie:

Swiss,

The lists are hard to get victory points from and that is their strength - whilst they arent out and out killy they are very resilient 5+ ward/ 4 + regen . toughness 4 troops are hard to kill with whatever you hit them with.

This list is far from excessive though as the GUO is a weaker choice than 4 heralds - anyway i am a great advocate of using whatever you want - the fun comes more in your attitude to the game and opponent than fielding soft lists for supposed mutual enjoyment.

cheers

Ubertechie

qwe50:

That army is not that hard to best with CD - you GUO get 30 hobgoblins to fight, that will keep him buissy all game, you have 2 “line units” both will lose with 2-3 each round against 25 x warriors with war banner and BSB and draw with 25 normal dwarfs so the CD line wont loose or run - but worse is that the CD army very likely will have more units so you will be flanked (the meet and grind tactic)

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

I would change Noxious Vapours on your Heralds as even if they do have ASF they wouldn’t do much instead how about Pestilent Mucus

And maybe give one unit Icon of Eternal Virulence It’s saved my PB many of times befor all -in-all I think it’s a good list

Ubertechie:

If you could squeeze some points from list (maybe drop a nurgling stand) then you could have 3 units of 17 (18 with charachters) plaguebearers which can be deployed 6 wide giving you 3 viable core combat units rather than 2 for almost the same cost

Cheers

Ubertechie