[Archive] 2250pt CD Classic 8th Friend with Great Taurus

chiccovr:

Using the classical rules, with the correction of Ravening hordes!

1 lord + great taurus
+ black hammer of hashut
+ Armor of Gazrakh
+ bracalets of bazhrakk the cruel

1 Wizard CD
+ 2° level magic power
+2 Scroll of dispersion.
lore fire

1 Wizard CD
+ 2° level magic power
+2 Scroll of dispersion.
lore death

1 Wizard CD
+ 2° level magic power
+2 Scroll of dispersion.
lore metal

15 CD blunderbuss + musican

20 CD warrior
+ great axe
+ full command

20 CD warrior
+ great axe
+ full command

50 Hobgoblin

10 sneackygits

10 wolf rider

2 bolt  thrower Hobgoblin

1 rocket

1 earthshaker

5 bullcentaurus
+ heavy armor
+ champion, musican

Da Crusha:

Scroll of dispersion, I’m assuming this is the dispel scroll. they are unique in 8th edition. also in 8th edition you must specify which spell lore your wizard knows as part of the army list.

Bassman:

I think in 8th edition the old scroll caddy is over (due to what Da Crusha said). The new “defensive” magician is a 4th level sorcerer lord. His +4 to dispell is great. He has huge advantages against lesser mages than need a lot of dices (with risk of rolling double sixs and kill themselves) even for lesser spells.

Our sorcerer is pretty cheap compared to other races and he could afford a good personal protection thanks to T5 :smiley: a good save (4+) or gem of gnar. Of course he is also a good offensive option thanks to his magic capabilities.

I’d also power up the dwarf units to 25 and provide at least one warbanner. Without a battle standard bearer and numbers your line will crumble against most enemies and hordes…

I’d never leave home without 3-4 bolt throwers. I love them :slight_smile: I love bloodthirsters fearing 30 points bolt throwers handled by hobgoblins :smiley:

Loki:

It is a real shame you cant take 2 dispel scrolls on one person any more , that is what my 2 wizards where for in all my armies , its a good looking list to me always good to see a cd lord flying arounf the battle field smashing things with the black hammer , such a great weapon :smiley:

chiccovr:

that you give me tips to improve my army list?

Bassman:

that you give me tips to improve my army list?

chiccovr
I told you:

I'd beef up the dwarf units. I use two units of 25 warriors, one of them with warbanner.
I also think in 8th edition the battle standard bearer is mandatory. Even more important than ever if your lord is hanging around smashing things with his taurus.....

Recently I tried sneacky gits and I found them great... but in large numbers. I use an unit of 30 of them. I think they need numbers as their low initiative, t3 and 0 armor means they are going to die against almost everybody. you need 25-30 at minimum if you want them to strike back and still have some ranks. After all 30 without any command are just 150 points. During last battle I sent them against an horde of 30 imperial greatswordsmen with a standard battle bearer and a mage. Well, they managed to kill the mage, kill 2-3 swordsmen before being chopped to death. Yes I lost them but the mage was gone and the swordsmen placed in a corner of the battle field for the entire battle..... for just 150 points!
Yay :D