[Archive] 2400 9th Age Infernal list

Tokheim:

Played against Mono-Lust Daemons today.

Was up and down for a bit. I’ll post my list and do each one separately for their pros and cons today.

Prophet Lvl 3, used Alchemy, had Engineer,Tome of Arcane Lore.

Pros: Engineer, even though only BS4.

Cons: Spell casting is really toned down now, with the +1/+2 for mages. Didn’t do all that much. No more LD10 hurt a bit too. Pricey…

Reaction: Taking an Overlord in this army list for Hatred from now on, plus LD10. Also one or two Lvl 1’s or 2’s.

Magus Lvl 2, Shadow, Engineer and Scroll

Pros: Shadow more effective than Alchemy. Miasma still the bomb.

Cons: Harder to get stuff off, price oh so high.

Reaction: Ditto above, one or two small mages with Engineer.

Vizier, BSB, had Lucky Shield and Flintlock Axe

Pros: Shield saved his butt in a duel with a buffed up Herald of Lust. BSB one of the most essential characters, always take one. Toughness 5, also a butt saver!

Cons: Not much. No Hatred, that might be nice to have too.

Reaction: No change!

Took three large core units of Hobgoblins, 40, 39, 39 with Musician/Standard.

Pros: The 3D6 for tests really helps. The big horde units are intimidating, even though they are average troops.

Cons: Shooting effect very low even with volley fire. Die very easily, especially to elite or demonic troops.

Reaction: I like them! Might try HW/SH and make them deep to tarpit stuff.

Bolt Throwers times three.

Pros: Constant irritation for chariot and GD in this game, he focused a lot of attention their ways, away from the troops. Their D3 wounds did some damage all game.

Cons: Uh…none?

Reaction: Like BSB, always take them in THIS set of the rules.

Two units of Citadel Guard x 30, FC with Flintlocks. Knew I had Daemons, so got the Holy Icon banner in one.

Pros: My shooting rolls rock. As Halberd in combat rocks. Charge works well for the +1 ST too. Rock hard troops with good armor.

Cons: My to wound rolls stink. That is about it. One died to a combined charge of big Chariot and big Daemon unit, after it was whittled down a bit by magic and Lash.

Reaction: Like them, but would the Ziggurat Guard work better…with Overlord with Hatred…

Two Rockets, no upgrades.

Pros: Turn one put 4 wounds on his GD. Put the hurt on some Fiends too.

Cons: With the BS of only 4 with Engineer assists, might hit only 33-50% of the time.

Reaction: Take them, TAKE THEM!

Game ended up a win, he had a small whittled down unit of Fiends left at games end. I had only one unit of Citadel Guard, with Holy Banner, and BSB. Plus one hobgoblin unit. Which charged his other Fiend unit in the flank and popped them, not from combat resolution, but from COMBAT!

Thoughts? No wolf boyz or hobgoblin heroes hurt a bit. Change the Prophet down to Overlord. I might try a unit of Warriors in core, with either HW/SH or GW, maybe a second Overlord in there??? I did not miss the bigger machines, Titan or Giants at all. Had thought about Giants, but they are only T5. Even with armor…they can die fast.

So a win, but bloody!!!

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Good job! Anyone who can lay a beat down on Daemons is a friend of mine. Hate those Daemons… :hat off

qwe501:

Hi m8

I agree on most prophet out and more lv2 in

I think you should go with 2 x hobgoblin and great weapon warriors as core and one ziggurat guards (with overlord) as special

that will give you points to add fast hobgob heroes and ambush sneaky gitz.

Overlord @ 200

Great weapon, Dragonscale helm, Sprout of rebirth.

Vizier BSB @ 182

Ring of Desiccation, Dragon mantle, Lucky charm, shield, infernal weapon.

Magus lv2 fire @ 160

Scroll

Magus lv2 fire @ 140

Wand of stability

Magus lv1 shadow @ 90

Hobgoblin chief @ 58

wolf and light lance

Hobgoblin chief @ 58

wolf and light lance

25 x Infernal warriors @ 300

with great weapons, full command and war banner.

20 x hobgoblin with bows @ 100

40 x hobgoblin with spear @ 200

30 x Ziggurat guards @ 510

full command and Holy icon

Hobgoblin bilt trower @ 40

10 x Backstabers ambush @ 80

Rocket @ 100

Rocket @ 100

Tokheim:

Looks very solid!

I did not get a chance to run the 10.0 army list, I’m a latecomer to the 9th Age rules. That list looked so very good, the 11.0 version, with some study, looks weaker in troops, more expensive in characters, not as efficient as it’s predecessor. It sounds like it will be April before the list is completed, so we have four more months to play-test the lists there.

Maybe drop one mage for a big Tauruk?

qwe501:

• i don’t think a big Tauruk fit the list - without support he is a target and there is not much he can do also he cost more than a mage and the hobgobs
       it would be nice to save points on the mages - but can you haave the same output with 2 ? you Loose miasma and add to cast, dispel and channel.  

Magus lv2 fire @ 140
    Engineer, Wand of stability, Ring of Fire.

Magus lv2 fire @ 150
    Engineer, Scroll.

edit

Well the casting and dispel add is gone in v11 so you only lose channel +1, I think that make my 430p magic better used on a level 3 + 1

Prophet lv3 Fire @ 290
    Engineer, Grounding Rod, Ring of fire, hardened shield.

Magus lv1 shadow @ 150
    Engineer, Dispel magic scroll.

Aggressive defence - this list have more offencive options but lack the “deathstar” elite unit.
    I like the magic setup - (goal is to clean up chaff and fast stuff) wich should be posible with 3 fireballs. Many thoughts on gear on the overlord 1+rr no save sword in unit with holy banner - he could have ogre sword but i think no save is better. I think we need a post on gear to him, you cant have it all - weapon, Ward, 1+

Overlord @ 218
    Obsidiant sword, Dragon mantle, Dusk stone, shield.  

Prophet lv3 Fire @ 290
    Engineer, Grounding Rod, Ring of fire, hardened shield.

Vizier BSB @ 152
    Shield, Infernal weapon. Holy icon.  

Magus lv1 shadow @ 150

Taurukh Subjugator @ 235
    Armour of Destiny, shield, Great weapon.

1045p

26 x Infernal warriors @ 320
            with Great weapons, full command and war banner.

41 x hobgoblin with spear @ 204

614p

200p

3 x Taurukh Anointed�?<  159
    Additional Hand Weapon

3 x Taurukh Anointed�?<  180
    Great Weapon

Rocket @ 100
    Rocket @ 100

539p

Tokheim:

You have me in a quandary here!

I can run a big survivable block of elite foot, but they have a high points cost so IF they die, it’s a lot of points to my opponent.

Or…

Run two blocks of monstrous cavalry, one with an uber-character in there, for maneuver and threats, but at a lower points cost, and less survivable…

Which to choose…thanks man!!! :):):slight_smile:

The ambushers make sense, anything to mess with folks. If they get into the enemy’s deployment zone early, and if they have FC or at least a standard, they are VP’s by game’s end. Have you thought about adding at least a musician or standard to them for that purpose?

qwe501:

*Backstabbers in my view are only there to add an option against warmachines - everything else is a bonus but not something i want to spend more points on.
You could go with a full 25 men unit with command - they can clean up archers and flank/rear charge but i think it is to random for me - great if they come turn 2 - not good if they come turn 4.

Played against Vampire covenant - Ogre sword strogoi lord + Tullius�?T Teeth BSB + 2xBanshee in 40 x ghouls. L4 necro + L2 death. Big zombie, 6xBlood knght, 8xVampire spawn, 2xbats, 6xdirewolf , Cadaver Wagon.

Taurukh Subjugator fail charge on blood knights and get charget in return by direwolves and blood knights. - fight all game kill the last in turn 5 and get charged by zombies with L2 - hold and kill L2. Great weapon taurukh charge direwolf but is blocked rest of the game by banshees. Shooting take 6xVampire spawn before they charge and kill a rocket, they end there game used to redirect the big dwarf unit. Magic - Fireballs help kill vampire spawn, banshee, Cadaver Wagon, but i fail/get dispelled Burning Ramparts on ghouls all game. 3 misscast all with 3 dice Grounding Rod save him from a 11 roll. In the end a long flee and a passed brake teat on 4+ save my prophet and the game end with a small 1000 to 900 win.
Backstabbers showed up last turn to save there 80p :slight_smile:

The game got me thinking :slight_smile:

Taurukh Subjugator need to be BSB - he need it for grinding and brake test. - also it save 127p
and i really need redirecters.

Overlord - is he needed ?    Army need Ld 10 but i can have that on prophet with Banner of disiplin.
It would save 208p+127p = 335p and open alot of possibilities - like a Kadim Titan, another Taurukh Subjugator

qwe501:

Prophet lv3 Fire @ 310

Engineer, Grounding Rod, Ring of fire, Dragon Mantle.

Magus lv1 Shadow @ 150

Taurukh Subjugator BSB @ 255

Armour of Destiny, Great weapon.

Taurukh Subjugator @ 230

Sword of Strengh, Hardend shield, Dusk stone, Heavy armour.

945p

25 x Infernal warriors @ 305

With Great weapons, full command and Banner of Discipline.

40 x hobgoblin with spear @ 200

605p

200p

4 x Taurukh Anointed�?< 217

Additional Hand Weapon

3 x Taurukh Anointed�?< 180

Great Weapon

Rocket @ 100

Rocket @ 100

597p

-53p

TheHoodedMan:

Nice list.

No bsb is always risky, but no risk no fun :wink:

Tokheim:

i couldn’t do it!

I need all the re-rolls I can get!!! And sometimes that even doesn’t work out…

SIGH…

Good hard list there, I was looking at flying Lords on big critters, wonder it those are worth the risk? I just need more time to playtest stuff! Going to face off against HE tomorrow, so we’ll see!

qwe501:

But i do have a BSB

Taurukh Subjugator BSB @ 255

Armour of Destiny, Great weapon.

The reson for making the Taurukh BSB is that he need it more - he will be in combat more and he need the +1 and re roll

also he is much more mobile - so it is more posible to get the Taurukh in BSB range of the dwarfs then othervise when needed.

Only problem with the Taurukh is that he can be shoot - unless he is in a 5 men unit.

qwe501:

Level 4 death + fire ring for double fireball to clear chaff. Death have good spells and both combat support (Curse of Mortality and The Abyss Gazes Back) fit the list well. Double Taurukh in a 5 men unit so they can’t be target (well untill one die)

Prophet lv4 Death @ 325

Grounding Rod, Dragon Mantle, Ring of Fire, Lucky Charm.

Magus lv1 Fire @ 150

Taurukh Subjugator BSB @ 245

Armour of Destiny, Additional Hand Weapon.

Taurukh Subjugator @ 230

Sword of Strengh, Hardend shield, Dusk stone, Heavy armour.

Hobgoblin Chieftain @ 65

Lucky Shield, Wolf, Spear, Light armour.

1015p

25 x Infernal warriors @ 305

With Great weapons, full command and Banner of Discipline.

50 x hobgoblin with spear @ 260

Standard, musician

665p

120p

5 x Taurukh Anointed? 330

Stardard with Razer banner, Additional Hand Weapon.

5 x Hobgoblin Wolf riders @ 70

Shields.

Rocket @ 100

Rocket @ 100

600p

Tokheim:

May I make one good point about your list?

Not using the Hellscream’s at all, since they are twice as expensive as the Shriekers.  Basically you get two for one, even with different special rules for each weapon.  I’m not convinced yet that the Hellscream is worth that extra 100 points.

I missed out last weekend on a game with the Higher sort of Elves, I think he got sick on purpose (scared of facing Infernals?!?:))

Still working on the army this week, found more figs to stick in.  

Good list!

qwe501:

Hellscream + Death magic - 1Ld is a good trick - still doom and darkness + hell cannon in 8ed was better with -3 Ld and that was not exatly game winning so for me it is much more nice to have then must have.

The rockets are there to kill “big” stuff"like monsters and dragons … and as you say i get 2 for 1

TheHoodedMan:

Looks very good.

Overlooked that Tauruk BSB last time, have to get used to it :slight_smile: (i hope).

I did not much list building until now because some major changes can be expected in January.

These changes should be to our Advantage in comparison to other factions, I hope.

I like the fact that the Anointed seem to be a little more balanced to other big guys. Great models and they deserve to see more game time.

qwe501:

These changes should be to our Advantage in comparison to other factions, I hope.

Me too - ín the 2 games against vampires i just had the feeling that there list is just better than our. Just the fact that there are no usefull magic items in our list is bad.

qwe501:

Version 12 update

Prophet lv4 Death @ 288

Grounding Rod, Dragon Mantle, Flintlock axe.

Magus lv1 Fire @ 135

Level 1 and Engineer, Dispel magic scroll.

Taurukh Subjugator BSB @ 260

Sword of Strengh, Hardend shield, Dusk stone, Infernal armour.

683p

25 x Citadel guard @ 330

full command and Banner of Discipline.

40 x Hobgoblin with spear @ 220

Standard, musician

20 x Orc slaves @ 60

610p

5 x Taurukh Anointed @ 380

Stardard, Musician with Razer banner, Additional Hand Weapon.

Rocket @ 100

Rocket @ 100

Titan mortar with Earthquake Shells @160

5 x Hobgoblin Wolf riders @ 70

Shields.

*i’ll update rest tomorow