[Archive] 2400 Point competetive list

hobomcg:

Sorcerer lord, level 4, earthing rod, Blood of hashut, enchanted shield, Talisman of preservation. 395
Lore of Hashut

Castellan, bsb, Dragonhelm, shield, Dawnstone. 167

Deamonsmith, scroll, charmed shield. 125
Lore of fire

Deamonsmith, Chalice of blood. 145
Lore of death

Infernal guard x 30, Full command, Razor standard. 437

Hobgoblins x 20, bows, musician. 104

Hobgoblins x 20, bows, musician. 104

Magma cannon. 145

Magma cannon. 145

Deathshrieker Rocket. 100

K’daii destroyer. 325

Hellcannon. 205

Plan is to have the lvl4, bsb and lvl 1 of death sitting in the infernal guard with the lvl1 of fire baby sitting the war machines. Hobgoblins flanking the infernal guard with the triangle of warmachines to the side with them being flanked by the hellcannon.
The kadaii will just run off and do its own thing, mostly attracting warmachine fire and chasing down depleted targets.
Thoughts?

Baggronor:

The BSB is 167 iirc.

Its a lot of war machines and a bit troops-light imo. Perhaps try and add some BCs or Fireborn in there instead of some of the war machines?

Are the Hobgobs worth it? I haven’t tried them yet (no models :|).

hobomcg:

Well, in theory the hobgobbos should deal with warmachine threats and the k’daii should cause their army to focus on it rather than the warmachines.

The hellcannon does the job of the bull centaurs quite nicely becuase it is also an unbreakable monster :stuck_out_tongue:

Baggronor:

Well, in theory the hobgobbos should deal with warmachine threats
They only have a 24" range though. I wouldn't have thought they'd be too great at first getting into range and then hitting and wounding, all without getting charged by something?
The hellcannon does the job of the bull centaurs quite nicely becuase it is also an unbreakable monster
Surely the job of BCs is to be a fast-moving threat unit, not a guard? I found the Hellcannon a bit meh, as it can't re-roll the scatter/artillery and can't pivot in the shooting phase, though it does make an ok blocker unit.

zhatan87:

I found the Hellcannon a bit meh, as it can't re-roll the scatter/artillery and can't pivot in the shooting phase
Sure?
I let hit make pivot... In French, the rule said it fires like a stone thrower. And stone throwers follow the rule of warmachines (free pivot before shooting) when shooting...
It's played like what you said in UK?

Strong list here. Same tourney as Nilbog one? (last thread)

I shouldn't have taken the razor standard on the IG, do you plan to throw them in close combat (and thus, your lord and BSB which doesn't have any ward save?)
Maybe I would have removed the level 1 death lore (and thus the chalice) for another unit... Because it seems that you are betting a lot on magic (and taking risk to have poor magic phases), and you already have one level 4 death and one fire, enough to benefit from good magic phases...
I have played 3 sorcerers, and have found that only one level 4 and one level 1 are enough.

Baggronor:

I let hit make pivot... In French, the rule said it fires like a stone thrower. And stone throwers follow the rule of warmachines (free pivot before shooting) when shooting...
It's played like what you said in UK?
Its a Monster & Handlers, its played with a 90 degree arc of sight here.

zhatan87:

Its a Monster & Handlers, its played with a 90 degree arc of sight here.
Of course, we play it like a monster&handlers for moving and charging, but for shooting, it follows the rules for stone thrower, so we let him make a free pivot before shooting, like all the stone throwers...
Hellcannon is annoying in the sense that it's a monster with warmachines rules for shooting... Thus, I'm not surprised that we have differents interpretations... (and there are others questions such as iron curse icon and hellcannon shot, and so on, but it's not the subject of this thread...:))

hobomcg:

Well, i played my first game with this list yesterday at my weekly gaming club.

Some good points and some bad points.

Played against empire list was as follows.

Karl franz on horse

lvl3 shadow

warrior priest

lvl2 light

master engineer

20 crossbow men

30 halberdiers

10 knights

2 cannons

1 mortar

Steam tank

30 flagellants

so pretty standard, except for karl franz.

Good points.

Magma cannons were ace, very good at killing t3 troops.

IG with the razor standard were amazing, holding their points very well and with good positioning (not going into base contact with Karl franz with my characters) managed to annihilate the knights along with Karl and his warrior priest. They also got charged buy the steam tank later in the game and in 5 rounds of combat managed to grind off 5 wounds.

K’daii is a massive threat, caused most of his army to back off.

Blood of Hashut is fricking amazing, 20 points for a character kill, Yes please!

BAD POINTS

Hell cannon was pretty useless.

Chaos dwarfs cant deal with artillery very well.

lore of hashut isnt all that, would of much prefered death on my lvl 4.

Chalice of blood and darkness is cool, but realistically wont help you.

What i will change.

Going to drop the hellcannon for 2 wolf riding khans with spears.

Going to drop the lvl 1 of death for a dreadquake mortar with an ogre.

Change the other lvl 1 onto lore of metal and the lvl 4 onto death.

Maybe put in more hobgoblins with the extra points.

Baggronor:

Good points.
Magma cannons were ace, very good at killing t3 troops.
IG with the razor standard were amazing, holding their points very well and with good positioning (not going into base contact with Karl franz with my characters) managed to annihilate the knights along with Karl and his warrior priest. They also got charged buy the steam tank later in the game and in 5 rounds of combat managed to grind off 5 wounds.
K'daii is a massive threat, caused most of his army to back off.
Blood of Hashut is fricking amazing, 20 points for a character kill, Yes please!
BAD POINTS
Hell cannon was pretty useless.
Chaos dwarfs cant deal with artillery very well.
lore of hashut isnt all that, would of much prefered death on my lvl 4.
Chalice of blood and darkness is cool, but realistically wont help you.

What i will change.
Going to drop the hellcannon for 2 wolf riding khans with spears.
Going to drop the lvl 1 of death for a dreadquake mortar with an ogre.
Change the other lvl 1 onto lore of metal and the lvl 4 onto death.
Maybe put in more hobgoblins with the extra points.
This is pretty much the exact conclusions I came to. I think '6 dice Maximum Fireball ftw!!!' may be our best anti-war machine weapon...

Smog:

Here is a pretty good warmachine-killer:

Castellan w/arabyan carpet, sword of might and charmed shield. Remember, since he is relentless, he can always fly 20".