[Archive] 2400 Points Chaos Dwarfs(1)

Dabutcha:

Hi, this is a 2400 point list for an up-coming tournament. I would appreciate any comments to tweak/improve the list.

The main focus is the flying Sorcerer Proph. on Lammasu. I really want to put pressure on my opponents by casting misama from the Lammasu to reduce Inititative and then chuck 6 dice at Purple Sun (subtle!). I should be able to get in some good positions by flying about and my opponent will have to stop Miasma!! They can’t risk letting it go off.

The Deathshriekers are there to take out cannons or warmachines that could cause a threat to my Sorcerer Proph. They can also wittle down big units like skaven slaves. Hob Gobs with bows to baby sit war machines and keep chaff of them.

I wanted a combat heavy army hence the combat units of 26 Strong Infernal Guard with GW - Stubborn Castellan in here. 6 K’daai Fireborn, K’daai Destroyer and Hellcannon. This gives me 4 decent combat units.

Here’s the list.

Sorcerer Prophet (General); Level 4, Charmed Shield, Earthing Rod, Talisman of Preservation, The Lore of Death, Lammasu, Sorcerous Exhalation, The Lore of Shadow

Dark Castellan; Battle Standard Bearer, Great Weapon

26 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard; Great Weapons, Full Command, Banner of Swiftness

29 Hobgoblin Cutthroats; Bows, Full Command

6 K�?Tdaai Fireborn

Deathshrieker Death Rocket

Hellcannon

K�?Tdaai Destroyer

Da Crusha:

Cool. I used to use this set up all the time with Ravening hordes, but then we were able to have Miasma on 2 Hero sorcerers for double nerf. anyway you might want to spend an extra 5 points and use the potion of speed on the prophet. Drink it right before you know you are going to cast a purple sun to increase your I value to 5 for the turn or right before you know it is going to be cast on your prophet. 5 points could keep the sorcerer alive.

Dabutcha:

Anyway you might want to spend an extra 5 points and use the potion of speed on the prophet. Drink it right before you know you are going to cast a purple sun to increase your I value to 5 for the turn or right before you know it is going to be cast on your prophet. 5 points could keep the sorcerer alive.

Da Crusha
Good Call. I will have to drop the Breath Attack from the Lammasu to fit. There's no way I can drop any of the other kit on the Sorcerer Proph. I think .... The Potion of Speed is a great call. Thanks

Dabutcha:

Here is the revised list with the Potion of Speed. I had to drop the breath weapon from the Lammasu. But I did use the points saved here to give the Castellan BSB the Dawnstone . I also dropped his Great Weapon in favour of a shield. He now has a 3+ rerollable AS.

Sorcerer Prophet (General); Level 4, Charmed Shield, Earthing Rod, Talisman of Preservation, Potion of Speed, The Lore of Death, Lammasu, The Lore of Shadow

Dark Castellan; Battle Standard Bearer, Shield, Dawnstone

26 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard; Great Weapons, Full Command, Banner of Swiftness

29 Hobgoblin Cutthroats; Bows, Full Command

6 K�?Tdaai Fireborn

Hellcannon

K�?Tdaai Destroyer

frogbear:

A 3+ rr armour save is not really THAT great.

I feel you need a ward save on the BSB

Da Crusha:

I think its looking pretty good.

A 3+ rr armour save is not really THAT great.

I feel you need a ward save on the BSB

frogbear
hmm, well at least he has a parry save.

frogbear:

Useless vs magic i find.