[Archive] 2400 points of loa list with out points

richard barby:

im going to be a rules guy for once so no points cost :slight_smile:

Level 4 prophit lore of hashut, hashuts blood, earthing rod and opal amuilt (general and on foot in infernal guard)

deaomndsmith level 2 lore of fire and dispel scroll (sitting with warmachines)

bsb castellin 4 up ward save in infernal guard

2 karn heros on wolfs with no other upgrades they will sie near or in the archers and be used thrown out infront of nasty units

30 infernal guard razor banner and full command

30 Hobgoblin archers banner+ muso

2 death rockets

1 magma cannon

6 bull centurs additional hand weapons + muso

5 wolf riders bows+ muso

1 destroyer

its a very quick army so has a huge danger of getting expposed with the destroyer and bull centurs getting awy from the rest of the army and the slow moveing units getting picked off

however it can hit hard in magic and shooting along with 3 good combat units that wont run away to much

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I don’t understand…

richard barby:

the grammer and spelling could do with a bit of work :frowning:

i will get to that later today

nilbog:

Looks fairly standard, but I would drop the wolf riders unit either for another khan or for more hobgoblin archers to make 2 units of 20.

I wouldn’t bother with the additional hand weapons on the bull centaurs. At S4, they don’t kill anything anyway, so either go for shields or great weapons. I would try to find points for one of the leadership banners for them, either the +1 leadership or reroll first failed leadership test. You don’t want them losing combat by one and running off.

I don’t know how effective hashuts blood is, may be better giving your s-p a permanent ward save?

richard barby:

Looks fairly standard, but I would drop the wolf riders unit either for another khan or for more hobgoblin archers to make 2 units of 20.

I wouldn't bother with the additional hand weapons on the bull centaurs. At S4, they don't kill anything anyway, so either go for shields or great weapons. I would try to find points for one of the leadership banners for them, either the +1 leadership or reroll first failed leadership test. You don't want them losing combat by one and running off.

I don't know how effective hashuts blood is, may be better giving your s-p a permanent ward save?

nilbog
there are all great points and maths in my head i can have a 4up ward on the lord by dropping the amulit the blood and wolf riders for the 4 up ward and an extra karn

looking at the options for the centurs its a hard call and the banner of +1 ld could be a winner as more often than not there going to be outside the bubble

richard barby:

i tweeked the list a touch giveing the level 4 a 4up ward save

the bsb a 5+ ward and the black hammer

i took an extra karn and dropped the wolf riders

i also re did my maths i must have been drinking when i did the first one :frowning:

had 3 games over the weekend (lucky me)

the first 2 vs the same skaven army and the 3rd vs brets

wont suprise any of you but destroyer out classes a abomb all ends up my biggest learning from the skaven games with only 6 deployments to shed loads but the destroyer in the middle as close to the enermy as you can and hide it in combat out in the open things like warplightning cannons and poison attacks from gutter runners will kill him really quick

againsts the brets same can be said for hiding in combat after killing 2 busses a lord and a treb i could of run off with an over run and kept him alive but i turn to line up a long bomb charge and it was finnished of with a thunderbolt

warmachines did good in all the games and a few to many miss casts with the magic

richard barby:

this is my final list that im running at a tourniment next weekend. im pleased to be able to use them being as there brand new, fordge world and choas dwarfs

anyway final list the core of the list i posted above with a few tweeks. first round i have waarriors that have 3 blocks (chosen warriors and maruders) 2 chariots war shrine 2 units of dogs level 4 mark of t level 2 lore of fire 2 heros both mark of t

Lord

sorcerer-prophet

level upgrade

talisman of preservation

earthing rod

blood of hashut

– lore of hashut

Hero

infernal castellan

upgrade

armour of bazark

talisman of protection

hero

daemonsmith sorcerer

dispel scroll

charmed shield

– lore of fire

hero

hobgoblin karn

wolf

shield

hero

hobgoblin karn

wolf

shield

core

infernal guard x31

full command upgrade

razor standard

core

hobgoblins x30

bow upgrade

muso banner

special

6 bull centaur renders

additional hand weapon upgrade

banner muso upgrade

banner of discipline

special

death rocket

special

death rocket

special

magma cannon

rair

kadi destroyer

gerryb:

Heavy fast chaff lists are dangerous to this as they can lead the destroyer around anywhere and your warmachine will be under attack by turn 2.

richard barby:

Heavy fast chaff lists are dangerous to this as they can lead the destroyer around anywhere and your warmachine will be under attack by turn 2.

gerryb
for sure both very good points, i generally try and hide the destroyer in combat as soon as i can( i think everyone does) unless your trying to hide from dwarf cannons behind buildings. i do try to deal with chaff early with the archers and fire balls from the level 1. options i have for chaff if im not playing a warmachine heavie army are droping big pies on the chaff from the death rockets

richard barby:

had 7 games over a tournnie weekend leaning a few lesions about the army what works and what didnt.

game 1 vs beastmen loss 2-18

game 2 orges loss 8-12

game 3 orges loss 6-14

game 4 (interclub) orcs win 19-1

game 5 woodelf win 11-9

game 6 lizzards win 13-7

game 7 tombkings win 19-1

final place 22nd

i found the list did not sink up very well in part due to how i played. the destroyer got isolated and it cant kill everything, more than once the warmacines got taken out when the rest of the army was stuck in the middle costing me close to 500 points with the hero, match ups that i was never going to lose i only got small wins (woodys and lizzards) due to the warmachines getting taken out

richard barby:

so i figured that that i need the army to be able to work togther betteri have come up with a plan either drop the destroyer and take heaps of war machines and sit in a corner shoot and magic stuff. or drop the warmachines and play more agresive so i can support the destroyer better

i have gone the route of be more aggresive and big monsters
level 4 on a bale taurus enchanted shield 4 up ward save crown of command (death)
22 blunderbusses full command
31 hobgoblin archers banner muso
3 bull centurs
hell cannon
kaddi destroyer
bsb 2 up save that gives mr2+ 6 up ward
level 2 scroll and a charmed shield (metal)
3 hobgoblin heros on wolves