[Archive] 2400 Tournament List(1)

Cherry Soda Man:

Sorcerer-Prophet, General, lvl4, Blood of Hashut, Talisman of Preservation, Enchanted Shield, Lore of Hashut - 370 Pts.

Infernal Castellan, Shield, The Mask of the Furnace, BSB - 197 Pts.

Daemonsmith Sorcerer, Pistol, Charmed Shield, Scroll, Lore of Fire - 130 Pts.

35 Hobgoblin Cutthroates, Shields, M, S - 169.5 Pts.

18 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, M, S, Warbanner - 261 Pts.

6 K’daii Fireborn

Magma Cannon

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher

K’daii Destroyer

Hellcannon

Total: 2402

Hey all, first post and first list :cheers

After knowing relatively nothing about Chaos Dwarfs at all, I picked up Tamurkhan and have absolutely fallen in love with everything about this army. I have played several armies in WHFB, ranging from Dark Elves to Ogres(currently my main army) and am looking to start a Chaos Dwarf force! Now this list is by no intents and purpose a starting point, but more of a guide for a final goal. I personally have a wonderful little obsession for the K’daii, fluff and game-play, and that is mainly the reason I have chosen the fireborn over BC’s. Other than that, fire away!

Cherry Soda Man:

Sorcerer-Prophet, General, lvl4, Blood of Hashut, Talisman of Preservation, Enchanted Shield, Lore of Hashut - 370 Pts.

Daemonsmith Sorcerer, Pistol, Charmed Shield, Scroll, Lore of Fire - 130 Pts.

18 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, M, S, Warbanner - 261 Pts.

6 K’daii Fireborn

Magma Cannon

K’daii Destroyer

Hellcannon

Total: 2402

Hey all, first post and first list :cheers

After knowing relatively nothing about Chaos Dwarfs at all, I picked up Tamurkhan and have absolutely fallen in love with everything about this army. I have played several armies in WHFB, ranging from Dark Elves to Ogres(currently my main army) and am looking to start a Chaos Dwarf force! Now this list is by no intents and purpose a starting point, but more of a guide for a final goal. I personally have a wonderful little obsession for the K’daii, fluff and game-play, and that is mainly the reason I have chosen the fireborn over BC’s. Other than that, fire away!

MLP:

Fluff and gameplay is always a good reason to collect! The list looks pretty decent, as long as you keep the Hobgoblins close to the Infernals. I’d probably want to have bows on your Hobgoblins as even with a frontage of five models in each unit you’ll get 44 shots and more if you horde! I’d also consider bumping up your infernal guard to 23 or even 28 strong as the 18 you have there will seem very small in 2400 point games. The banner of Slavery might be worth a look for hobgobs that are immune to psycology.

Far2Casual:

With the exception of core troops where I have more guards and less hobgoblins, this is almost exactly what I intend to play tomorrow :smiley:

nilbog:

Need more infernal guard. Go for 28 so that you can have either a decent horde or a very deep unit.

The only other thing I might consider is swapping the deathshrieker for another magma cannon. The k’daai fireborn are excellent for taking out T3 troops, which is what the deathshrieker is good at. Of course, the magma cannon is good at taking out everything.

Excellent list otherwise!

Cherry Soda Man:

Well at this point I’m a bit conflicted, great advice though everybody!

One of my biggest dilemmas is concerning those tricksy hobgoblins. It seems I have two options here, either A) Bring one large unit or B) Bring two smaller units. Two smaller units would provide me with more basic firepower to eliminate chaff, etc. However once engaged in combat these guys may as well have wet noodles, as even most Empire halberd units would give them more than they could handle. On the other hand a larger unit of the buggers would stick around in combat, and against a single unit their shooting could actually start to do some damage.

So, thoughts?

nilbog:

Depends on what you’re likely to face. If your local meta is msu, then bring 2 units of 20 hobbo archers. If it’s three big blocks and charge forqwards, you might as well have one big unit.

If you’re not sure, try both. I prefer two units of 20 with bows, then they can deal with different targets. Combat ability is irrelevant for me, that’s what my other units are there for!

Cherry Soda Man:

New list here!

Daemonsmith Sorcerer, Charmed Shield, Scroll, Lore of Fire - 125 Pts.

20 Hobgoblin Cutthroates, Bögen, M - 104 Pts.

20 Hobgoblin Cutthroates, Bögen, M - 104 Pts.

29 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, M, S, Warbanner - 393 Pts.

6 K’daii Fireborn

Magma Cannon

K’daii Destroyer

Hellcannon

Total: 2398

Kept the DS in to soften targets up for the K’daii, otherwise the goblins are there to pot-shot chaff and negate ranks. Suggestions?

nilbog:

More or less identical to my list!

Far2Casual:

Same here :smiley:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

DAGabriel:

Nice list, wish you luck. Where do you play? The word “Bögen” suggests a certein neighbouship!

Samanos:

Nice list, wish you luck. Where do you play? The word "Bögen" suggests a certein neighbouship!

DAGabriel
i think he uses the online codex to make his lists.
some units there are written in german, if you see the new empire, half their units are written in german. at first i could not understand what is a hexenjager lol, good thing they had pics next to it:)

Cherry Soda Man:

Good call guys, I hadn’t even noticed that! I do indeed use that specific online codex, its a blast to use and easy as hell. I did take German in high school though, so at least I have something to fall back on.

@DaGabriel: I’m from the Americas myself, and I currently reside in the wonderful city of Detroit. :hat off

Bitterman:

2 points spare… pistol for the Champion in the Infernal Guard?

Cherry Soda Man:

No champion on the IG, otherwise that would do it! From the sound of it this is about as solid as a list as it’s going to be.

Bitterman:

Ah yes, sorry, my mistake.

Lava Lord:

Cherry Soda Man, do you use the GW hobo’s or another figure for the hobgoblins? Curious, that’s alot of hobo’s!!

Cherry Soda Man:

I use these little buggers right here.

Painted appropriately and with minor conversions I find these guys make the cut spectacularly! They’re cheap enough to buy enormous amounts of and I’ve seen worse looking models as well.

Groznit Goregut:

Why not the Banner of Slavery for the Infernal Guard to give the Hobgoblins ItP?

Does anyone think dropping the k’Daai to 3 is do-able? I just don’t have the minis for 6. I would use the extra points to boost the Hobgoblin numbers up.

Cherry Soda Man:

I was considering the Banner of Slavery on them, however provided that they’re close enough to my IG block (which they should be, considering they’re protecting its flanks!) the LD 10 should be enough to keep them steady.

The biggest problems that I’ve seen from using the fireborn in lower numbers are that:

A. The impact that burning bright has on them is much more severe. Losing two wounds from a failed test with 3 diminishes that units power much more than losing two wounds with a unit of 6 or even 4.

and

B. Due to the low amount of attacks on them as well, more bodies means more attacks. I’m not sure I would count on a unit only putting out 6 attacks to do much damage, even with autohits included.