[Archive] 2400p 9age v12

qwe501:

I’ll make a new post for this list because i think it looks very promising.  

It have overlord on bull, semi taurukh deathstar, engine and ok magic and shooting.

What do you think ?

Overlord on small bull @393
Sprout of Rebirth, Dragonscale helm,  shield, Ogre sword, Divine icon.

Taurukh BSB @ 260
Sword of strength, Dusk stone, Hardend shield, infernal armor.

Level 2 @ 160
Ring of Fire and Tome of Arcane Lore.

Level 1 @ 135
Engineer, Scroll

948p

30 x Citadel guard @ 380
full command and War banner.

20 x Hobgoblin with bows @100
Standard, musician

20 x Orc slaves @ 60

20 x Orc slaves @ 60

600p

Rocket @ 100
Rocket @ 100

5 x Taurukh Anointed @ 380
     Additional Hand Weapon,
     Musician, Standard with Razer Banner

580p

Infernal Engine with Shrapnel Guns @265

2393p

TheHoodedMan:

Completely overlooked this :-).

The taurukh are a strong unit for sure. Cannons have to choose if to shoot at them, the rockets or the overlord, a difficult choice.

And with some luck you can destroy one in first turn with a rocket.

As offensive fighting power much is built on the Anointed. I´m not sure if These are fit as a main power in the army but I`ll try that myself.

What Lores do you take on the casters (fire?) and do you plan to hold the citadel guard back at the warmachines?

qwe501:

As in most my list magic main job is to clear chaff so I go with fire on the L1.
Fire on the L2 would be nice but I would also like to have some combat support spells and flaming sword is not very good so to get the fireballs through I need something scary.
In my last games I have had death on the L2 so opponent have to chose fireball or Touch of the Reaper. Death have great combat support spells like Curse of Mortality.

The orc’s with the L1 fire stay back with the rockets. The death mage have shorter range and start in the guards or hobgobs - before hiding in the orcs when opponent get close so I can usely have both guards and hobgobs wizard free so they can go and pick a fight if they like.
I am thinking about taking out the hobgobs, fill up guards and add more 20 men orcs units, the hobgobs usealy end as expencive chaff or loose combat alot so 20 orcs for 60p seems better.

mabye like this

30 x Citadel guard @ 380

20 x Orc slaves @ 80
shields
20 x Orc slaves @ 80
shields

20 x Orc slaves @ 60

Much more boots but a banner less - not sure that is good

I agree with the Anointed they are the punch in the list - in 3(4)-2 with bsb they have 18 S6 ap1 + 4 S7 ap1 on the charge so most opponents get rolled over, they even have I4 and sometimes get to strike first.

Scar:

Nice list!

Though the Taurukh have i3 the hero has i4 :wink:

qwe501:

Additional Hand Weapon give +1I or is that changed again ?

What do you think about this core setup ?

full unit guards, hobgobs can babysit the fire wizard and shoot a little - they have a banner for scenario

and 2 unit orcs give a lot of boots

30 x Citadel guard @ 380

20 x Hobgoblin with bows @100

Standard, musician

20 x Orc slaves @ 60

20 x Orc slaves @ 60

Scar:

Sorry you are correct! :slight_smile:

I think t4 core is better imho.