[Archive] 2400p list, a bit of everything

bengtb:

Been playing quite a few games now and thought I’d post my list to get some critique on it.

Prophet lvl 4 (death) with blood of hashut, talisman of preservation, enchanted shield, scepter of stability and crown of command.

Castellan bsb with black hammer of hashut, dragonhelm and obsidian amulet.

22 Infernal guard with great weapons, standard, musician and lichebone pennant

22 Infernal guard with great weapons, standard and musician

10 Infernal guard with blunderbuss and musician

3 Bull centaurs with great weapons, shield, standard, musician and gleaming pendant

Deathshrieker rocket launcher

Iron deamon war engine with hellbound

Hellcannon

5 Hobgoblin wolf riders with musician

The list started out very miniature driven and I’ve tried harder versions (more iron deamons and hobgoblins) but I’m pretty happy how it all works together in it’s current setup.

ChungEssence:

Post some mini battle reports.

I like the list.

Please let me know how the Blunderbusses and the Wolf Riders have gone. I like that your list is quite varies (as you have said lol)

Time of Madness:

Interesting list, you don’t have much shooting punch.

How are the guard deployed? 8X3? I’m assuming you have a character in each unit?

You have a combat driven list, it would be nice to see the destroyer in there to assist on the flanks.

For a combat style list I think you need more bodies. As it stands right now the 2 units of 22 guard won’t last long (even when stubborn).

Time of Madness

bengtb:

Please let me know how the Blunderbusses and the Wolf Riders have gone. I like that your list is quite varies (as you have said lol)

ChungEssence
The blunderbusses has been working ok, they love houses. They are mainly in the list to help my characters shift sideways. The wolf riders have a few jobs but the most important one is that help make sure I can deliver the iron deamon.
Interesting list, you don't have much shooting punch.

How are the guard deployed? 8X3? I'm assuming you have a character in each unit?

You have a combat driven list, it would be nice to see the destroyer in there to assist on the flanks.

For a combat style list I think you need more bodies. As it stands right now the 2 units of 22 guard won't last long (even when stubborn).

Time of Madness
There's not alot of warmachines but the list actually puts out quite a lot of hurt. The iron deamon is awesome at killing things that are dangerous to the list (things with small frontage and alot of damage potential) and hellcannon/deathshrieker works nicely in combination with lore of death. It's usually enough to make people want to run across the board.

The infernal guard are deployed as wide as i can fit into the deployment area and depending on his units but generally pretty wide. One character starts in the blunderbuss and the other in a great weapon unit, however they tend to run alone quite a lot to plug holes.

I've tried the destroyer a few times and it's damage potential is very nice however I'd rather have another iron deamon as they are smaller and provide my army with another pivot point. If there's a house or an impassable terrain within 18ish inch from my table edge it's not easy getting through the army and not alot of easy points.

We usually play 2400 ETC and 2x 22 was pretty much as many as I could get into the list without taking to much out, when points go up I pretty much just add more to those units.

Time of Madness:

I've tried the destroyer a few times and it's damage potential is very nice however I'd rather have another iron deamon as they are smaller and provide my army with another pivot point. If there's a house or an impassable terrain within 18ish inch from my table edge it's not easy getting through the army and not alot of easy points.

bengtb
The iron daemon is a lot easier for opponents to deal with when compared to the destroyer. The iron daemon can be easily held up by cav, flyers and chariots. An eagle or two can ruin the entire game for the iron daemon. Once opponents start to realize this they will become way less effective. On the other hand the destroyer is a beast in every way. He is very difficult to remove and packs a huge punch.

Time of Madness

bengtb:

bengtb
The iron daemon is a lot easier for opponents to deal with when compared to the destroyer. The iron daemon can be easily held up by cav, flyers and chariots. An eagle or two can ruin the entire game for the iron daemon. Once opponents start to realize this they will become way less effective. On the other hand the destroyer is a beast in every way. He is very difficult to remove and packs a huge punch.

Time of Madness

Time of Madness
Chariots started chasing it after the first game so they've figured it out :), however it's not as easy as it sounds to do it and still benefit from it. The only thing I'm really worried about getting into it is a peg dreadlord/stubborn chaos lord on disc since it's hard to prevent and hard to do something about in the turns after.

Cav usually doesn't want to charge it as they will get stuck in the middle of my army (I don't run the deamon on the flank) and most likely die the turn after. Chariots are bad if they charge it but the cannon on the iron deamon is very good at killing those and the bull centaurs are pretty good at roadblocking chariots. The iron deamon doesn't have to declare a charge (and I'm finding that it rarely wants to) to get into combat so you can box it in and it's still a big threat.

I want spirit leech, caress of laniph, soulblight and doom and darkness on my prophet. The threat of doom and darkness and hellcannon/deathshrieker usually means that I get a snipe off on eagles, chariots etc.

I've tried the destroyer and the damage potential is very nice, however it's not the damage I'm really after, it's how I can put down a model which can take whatever the opponent throws at him (bar shadow magic) and then play around it to my advantage. The benefit of the iron deamon is that it's small which is a huge thing when I need to move dwarfs around it. T8 instead of T6 means that characters have a problem wounding it, although I would love to have the ward save instead of 3+ armour save. :)

nilbog:

Remember that the destroyer has the -1 to wound it. S7 still wounds it on 4’s (rather than 3’s), with no reduction in the ward save, whereas the ID now has no armour save at all, even if it is wounded on 5’s.

bengtb:

Remember that the destroyer has the -1 to wound it. S7 still wounds it on 4's (rather than 3's), with no reduction in the ward save, whereas the ID now has no armour save at all, even if it is wounded on 5's.

nilbog
Yea, I wouldn't mind having the ward save on the iron deamon. :)