[Archive] 2500 armylist for Club tournament

Singleton Mosby:

I’ve only played a couple of games with my CD army but as there are already many Bretonnian players enrolled they’ve allowed my CD’s to enter.

Here’s the list I wanted to use. I’ve not played any games using the destroyer yet but heard it is very good.

----------------

Chaos Dwarfs K’daai (Chaos Dwarfs) 2.499 points

Lords

Sorcerer-Prophet (350)

Level 4; Blackshard armour, Darkforged weapon; Blood of Hashut; Lore of Metal; Dispell Scroll; Ironcurse Icon.

Heroes

Infernal Castellan (140)

Is the Battle Standard Bearer; Blackshard armour, hand weapon; Enchanted Shield; Potion of Speed.

Core

20 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard (272)

Full command; hand weapon, Blackshard armour, shields.

21 Infernal Guard (378)

hand weapon, chaos armour, blunderbuss, shield.

Special

Death Shrieker Rocket Launcher (100)

5 Bull Centaur Renders (250)

hand weapon, heavy armour; Additional hand weapon; Banner of Swiftness.

Magma Cannon (145)

Magma Cannon (145)

Rare

8 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders (122)

Wolf Boss only; hand weapon, light armour (Bow).

K’daai Destroyer (325)

rpitts2004:

I think lore of metal might not be the best choice in a tournament setting. Ashstorm alone makes lore of hashut the best choice.

Singleton Mosby:

I think lore of metal might not be the best choice in a tournament setting. Ashstorm alone makes lore of hashut the best choice.

rpitts2004
Metal has performed mirracles for me in my last games. But I'll give Hashut a try.

nilbog:

Here's the list I wanted to use. I've not played any games using the destroyer yet but heard it is very good. rather good, yes

----------------
Chaos Dwarfs K'daai (Chaos Dwarfs) 2.499 points

Lords
Sorcerer-Prophet (350)
Level 4; Blackshard armour, Darkforged weapon; Blood of Hashut; Lore of Metal; Dispell Scroll; Ironcurse Icon. i'd give him a ward save

Heroes
Infernal Castellan (140)
Is the Battle Standard Bearer; Blackshard armour, hand weapon; Enchanted Shield; Potion of Speed. again, give him a ward save

Core

21 Infernal Guard (378)
hand weapon, chaos armour, blunderbuss, shield. This unit is a bit small for full use of the blunderbuss special rules, as soon as you lose 2 guys, the efficiency drops. I'd bump them up to 30

Special
Death Shrieker Rocket Launcher (100)
5 Bull Centaur Renders (250)
hand weapon, heavy armour; Additional hand weapon; Banner of Swiftness. great weapons are better. I've managed ok with three, to free up some points
Magma Cannon (145)
Magma Cannon (145) perhaps two deathshriekers instead, for their versatility?

Rare
8 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders (122)
Wolf Boss only; hand weapon, light armour (Bow). these aren't brilliant, but why 8? You could drop three to free up some more points

K'daai Destroyer (325)

Singleton MosbyI notice you don't have a daemonsmith - I'd get one to babysit the warmachines; also he can carry the chalice. I'd look at reducing your core blocks down to two blocks to fit one in.

Hashut is golden for ashstorm, especially against ogres, which you'll likely see at a tournament. Hatred is also pretty good. If you get a daemonsmith, he can take metal.

Singleton Mosby:

Thanks for the tips. But tell me, what’s so good about the Chalice?

RichardC1967:

Thanks for the tips. But tell me, what's so good about the Chalice?

Singleton Mosby
read on Mosby...:o..

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11592

Discoking:

• Lords + (390pts)

* Sorcerer-Prophet (390pts)

Blood of Hashut, Dispel Scroll, Lore of Hashut, Talisman of Preservation, Wizard Level 4

+ Heroes + (315pts)

* Daemonsmith Sorcerer (145pts)

Chalice of Blood & Darkness, Lore of Fire, Wizard Level 1

* Dark Castellan (170pts)

Battle Standard Bearer, Enchanted Shield, Ironcurse Icon, Talisman of Endurance

+ Core + (795pts)

* 30 x Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard (587pts)

Musician, Overseer, Hailshot Blunderbusses, Standard Bearer, Lichebone Pennant

* 20 x Hobgoblin Cutthroats (104pts)

Musician Bows

* 20 x Hobgoblin Cutthroats (104pts)

Musician Bows

+ Special + (510pts)

* 3 x Bull Centaur Renders (165pts)

Musician, Standard Bearer, Great Weapons

* Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher (100pts)

* Magma Cannon (145pts)

+ Rare + (390pts)

* 5 x Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders (65pts)

Musician

* K’daai Destroyer (325pts)

Singleton Mosby:

Thanks for the tips. But tell me, what's so good about the Chalice?

Singleton Mosby
read on Mosby...:o..

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11592

RichardC1967
OMG, that's not how I interpreted that item at all. It is IN but in a sportsman fashion, not as FW intended. And Discoking, that's a very nice list but I lack the models for the hobo's. And this big block of Dwarves, do you use them in horde formation?

Why use another Rocket Launcher over a second Magma cannon btw?

Discoking:

This may work instead then… I guess the Fireglaives/Destroyer can protect one flank & the Bulls/Wolves on the other…

It seems a bit small this list, numbers wise - but could work :slight_smile:

You could also drop the Chalice & Wolf Raiders for 2 Wolf riding Khans instead. ---------------------------

* Sorcerer-Prophet (395pts) Blood of Hashut, Dispel Scroll, Enchanted Shield, & Talisman of Preservation Wizard Level 4 - Lore of Hashut

+ Heroes + (347pts)

* Daemonsmith Sorcerer (145pts) Chalice of Blood & Darkness. Wizard Level 1 - Lore of Fire

* Dark Castellan (202pts) Battle Standard Bearer -Ironcurse Icon, Shield, The Mask of the Furnace

+ Core + (722pts)

* 29 x Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard (542pts) Musician, Standard Bearer, Hailshot Blunderbusses

* 10 x Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard (180pts) Musician, Fireglaives

+ Special + (545pts)

* 3 x Bull Centaur Renders (155pts) Musician & Great Weapons

* Magma Cannon (145pts)

* Magma Cannon (145pts)

+ Rare + (390pts)

* 5 x Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders (65pts) Musician

* K’daai Destroyer (325pts)

Discoking:

Also, just to add, my list is 2400… lol…

So you have 100points to play with!

A banner, or bulk up the glaives/bulls…

nilbog:

Deathshriekers can fire one of two ways - S8 or S3 big template. This makes it more versatile than another magma cannon, which, while it is very good, is only S5.

If you know you won’t be facing any big monsters, then two magma cannons are ace. If there are some big monsters, that S8 (with multiple wounds) will leave them crying.

From discoking’s second list, I’d add more infernal guard to make the second unit bigger, and probably drop the fireglaives to make them bigger still.